• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Steve glanced around the large city of New York, taking in all the hustle and bustle. He had never been to a settlement nearly this large before and he couldn't help but feel like it just didn't suit him here. All the tight crowds were suffocating, he was an outdoorsman first and foremost. Also, people were kind of staring at him in his set of iron armour and the sword he was carrying around. He was here because the New York Museum just received a collection of rare diamonds and he was hoping to use some to make some armour. He needed it to beat the Ender Dragon, means to an end. With that thought, Steve drew his sword and kicked open the Museum's front door.

Meanwhile

Spider-Man was swinging around Manhattan on his daily patrol when he suddenly gets a call. "Spider-Man, we have reports of someone breaking into the Museum, but I'm a little too short staffed to deal with it right now." Yuri said. "The museum? That's not far from here. I'll take a look." Spider-Man landed on the roof just in time to see Steve attempting to escape with a large diamond. "Sorry, souvenirs only come from the gift shop." Peter quipped as he used his webs to yank the diamond from Steve's hands before managing to get a full look at the man. "A knight? That's a new one." Peter noted before switching to a horrible mockery of a British accent. "I'm sorry Sir Robber, but in the name of the kingdom of New York I will banish thee."

~

Mid-Game Steve. Spider-Man in his regular suit (so no suit specific abilities). Speed Equalized.

830x532 aventure-inedite-spider-man-imaginee-createurs-spyro-dragon-1-
vs.
Realistic Steve

I'll vote for Spider-Man due to being too versatile and quick to react compared to Steve

I meant quick in the sense of reacting and moving, I mean have you see him fight? I should have meant that it was "Quick to dodge and counter"

Versality is still argument btw

Numbersguy said:
I meant quick in the sense of reacting and moving, I mean have you see him fight? I should have meant that it was "Quick to dodge and counter"

Versality is still argument btw
Fair enough.

Nope. As it doesn't address how the powers they have interact with and counter each other. In fact, versatility can be a weakness in some situations if it means you start with the wrong thing. I'm not even sure if Peter is more versatile than Steve given the plethora of stat amps and status effects Steve has at his disposal.

Alright so...

Steve:

+Death Manip will kill if it hits

+Likely a little more skilled (considering the time both of them have been fighting)

+Can buff himself to match Spidey's AP advantage.

+Can become ever so slightly faster than Spidey

-Steve's mobility is kinda shit.

Spider-Man:

+Precog and Perception Manip pretty much make splash potions unusable on him.

+Has better ranged game compared to Steve

+Steve can't exactly see through invisibility and Spidey can

+More mobile compared to Steve

+Base AP advantage

Conclusion

Going with Spidey. More advantages and being more mobile really helps him out here. Spider-Sense and Last Stand make most of Steve's hax options moot and he'd probably incap a 9-A sooner or later.

Spidey should take this. Even with speed equalization, Spider-Man's web are going to slow Steve down to a halt if game mechanics are anything to go by.

The setting is also an advantage, as spider-man has better and stronger range because of the amount of artifacts he can throw.

Also, Steve essentially has very little attacks that might evnen hit Peter is he were to like, climb onto the roof or something.

@Edward Spider-Man is in his base suit here. Last stand isn't really a factor here. Also, Peter's invisibility leaves him unable to use his web gadgets unless he's wearing the big time suit, as such he doesn't use it very much.

Spider-Man:8 (KLOL506, GyroNutz, Cueio 2020, The real cat howard, Apatheticskell, Zark2099, Edwardtruong2006, Numbersguy)

Steve:0

12 hours of grace left

It isn't, but wouldn't it look inconsistent for characters to not have certain matches on their profile but on others' instead?

Zark2099 said:
It isn't, but wouldn't it look inconsistent for characters to not have certain matches on their profile but on others' instead?
It's happened before.

Back