• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man versus Yang Xiao Long (Post Haven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man: "Any chance we can just, you know, not punch each other in the face?"

Yang: "Not a chance! I wanna see how strong you are!"

Spider-Man: "Yeah, that's about the response I was expecting."

SBA

Speed Unequalized

Both High 8-C
(Spidey in his base key and no web cartridges)

Last edited:
Spider-Man takes this easily.

Since they're both in their highest High 8-C key, Spider-Man has the slight AP advantage (casually over 7.98 tons vs far over 6.935 tons), has waaaay better fighting experience that probably let's him punk her tbh, mobility and agility that will make it incredibly difficult for Yang to hit Spidey, and has versatility in his Mark IV armor that shadows Yang's.

The only thing Yang has going for her is her Semblance: Burn that would at least do something if Spider-Man engaged her in H-2-H, but it explicitly says fighters well-versed in dodging can bypass this entirely. And there's barely a character in Marvel more well-renowned for dodging than Spider-Man.

Also thwip GG (560,861 ton Class M vs Class K).

Last edited:
I was gonna suggest changing it to Base Key Spider-Man and restricting his web cartridges, like what was done in the Spider-Man vs Deathstroke match-up (that was removed for some reason despite being a good match-up -_-), but I'm unsure if the matchup would be fair then either.

But at least then Spider-Man would be at an AP disadvantage and would have much less to work with. Any salvaging the match or should we just do away with this one?

I'm gonna work under the assumption that the OP will make it Speed Equal once he sees the thread, since I doubt he meant to make it a stomp.

Spidey's now at an AP disadvantage (4.45 tons vs far over 6.935 tons) and can't just go webs gg, which gives Yang a decent chance to actually engage in CQC with Spider-Man. Not to mention that her Semblance: Burn now plays a more important factor in the match in essentially shrugging off a good amount of Spidey's hits without taking much meaningful damage.

However, I'm pretty confident the result is the same. Yang is still far outclassed in terms of skill, intelligence, and especially in terms of agility/acrobatics. So Spider-Man dances around every one of her attacks and does the old "wear and tear" tactic. Especially when he figures out her Aura wears down after a while, considering Spidey's quick-witted thinking in combat is fitted just for this occasion.

My vote for Spider-Man stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back