• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Spider-Man's Advantages:
-AP and Durability (942.59 Kilotons, which even puts to shame any of Devil Hulk's rage amps)
-Speed Amplification and Perception Manipulation (As an ability he uses quite often given the nature of the Spider-Sense, this will be helpful against Devil Hulk's speed)
-More skilled (Given the opponents he's fought, odds he's overcome, being outright stated by SHIELD to have been absolutely necessary in putting an end to the game's crisis, and literally creating his own fighting style that includes over 20 fighting combos, he's easily the superior combatant in terms of skill)
-Precognition (As mentioned earlier, this helps a lot with Devil Hulk's speed. Even teleporting attacks in which opponents appear right behind Peter are still detected. He can even detect the level of intensity threats pose ahead of time)
-Enhanced Senses (The range and versatility of what his enhanced senses can pick up wouldn't leave Devil Hulk with much room for surprises in his attacks)
-Superior regeneration (Has High-Low regen)
-Greater stamina (Its not a huge difference, but Peter can pretty perform the same stamina feats as Devil Hulk to a longer extent, even with broken ribs that made breathing hurt at one point)
-Agility (Not only does Spider-Man have a much mastery over his body's mobility, but he can perform similar high reaching bounds that reach several storeys high)

Devil Hulk's Advantages:
-Faster
-Greater LS (Class M against At least Class 5 is no joke)
-Range (His shockwaves and elemental attacks reach farther)
-More versatile in terms of strictly offensive abilities
-Prior knowledge of the Spider-Sense potentially leaves him less vulnerable than he would have been otherwise

Alright so I've seen this get mentioned before, and yes. I'm aware that because Rhino broke Spider-Man's ribs, opponents of greater mass and lesser agility are capable of tagging him. I'm not denying that. With Devil Hulk's speed, range, LS, and offensive abilities, he's not gonna be a cakewalk to overcome here. However, consider the following:
-In terms of LS, Devil Hulk certainly has the means to keep Spider-Man down and to his mercy. However, he's not much of a grappler (for the most part anyways). Sure, his bite force is a significant threat in his boss fight, as showcased against Hulk. But he uses this attack after flinging Hulk into the air and biting down on him. If he tried this with Spider-Man, I would see this going much differently. With how the Spider-Sense operates, not only does Peter have a good window to react, but he has FAAAAR more control of his airborne mobility compared to Hulk. He could easily reposition himself, especially since its stated that his Spider-Sense puts him in the best position to counterattack, and use his webbing to get out of the way of Devil Hulk's jaws. A far less utilized move of his is picking up his opponent and slamming them, before letting them go to finish off with a body slam, or simply using both hands to try and crush an opponent before tossing them away. So its not as if the LS advantage is null here of course, but its much less of a common wincon given his preference for physical strikes and elemental attacks in-character

-Speed is an advantage that isn't just valuable due to Devil Hulk's size and LS advantage, but his versatility via his elemental attacks as well. However, because the speed difference isn't too crazy and Peter's Spider-Sense is perfect for countering tricky attacks and getting himself into the best position, as well as warning him ahead of time, I think he's got a ton of room to avoid these attacks. Attacks from underground and teleporting attacks from behind are something he can dodge consistently, so I don't think dodging that kind of stuff is impossible for him. Some of Devil Hulk's attacks aren't that different from Sandman or some of the symbiote-based foes he's come across. Green Goblin used a ton of attacks that covered huge portions of the battlefield and Spider-Man was able to avoid those and take the win against him.

-Devil Hulk's knowledge of the Spider-Sense here along with his intelligence does put him in a better position for not being as vulnerable, but I do think its hard to imagine what he would do to counter this. The Spider-Sense itself just does a lot more for Peter's evasive capabilities while giving him ideal moments to counter. So I think at best, Devil Hulk would use more ranged attacks and use less attacks that left him open to combos. Aside from that? He hasn't got much to outright render the Spider-Sense's advantages null. In the long run, he can keep himself from getting hit sooner I'd say

I'd call this battle quite close. One REALLY wrong move from Spider-Man while close up could lead to Devil Hulk exploiting the Class M advantage and taking it from there. But more REALISTICALLY? Spider-Man narrowly avoids Devil Hulk's shockwaves and elemental abilities, being kept away for a bit due to Devil Hulk's prior knowledge on the Spider-Sense. This plan wouldn't be too beneficial to a win in the long run, and eventually, Spider-Man's able to close the distance to his advantage and wail on him with his AP advantage, skill advantage, agility, and speed amps

Voting Total Mayhem Spider-Man

Back