• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man General Discussion

I have the power of making calc group members look incompetent by making incredibly stupid mistakes that somehow go unnoticed

By chance, has anyone here ever watched the original cut of Ben's death in TASM? Not hard to find on YouTube, its the first video of this link. This feels so much more organic and further emphasizes how Ben was really trying to help Peter. This would've made me much sadder during his death had it made the final cut

By chance, has anyone here ever watched the original cut of Ben's death in TASM? Not hard to find on YouTube, its the first video of this link. This feels so much more organic and further emphasizes how Ben was really trying to help Peter. This would've made me much sadder during his death had it made the final cut
Damn you, Sony interference

Ben's death in the first TASM movie left NO impression on me. But you know, at least they had him in there... Glares at the MCU
The first MCU Spider-Man movie just felt like such a...nothing movie. Nothing in the MC has left a lastng impressi on me tbh, other than Daredevil but that's a cold take I feel.

Anyway have this 70s acid trip.

I really like the TAS spider-sense effect
It's a very unique effect. Not faithful to the old electric wavey things, but it definitely screams "warning, danger incoming".

It's also cool that the backgrounds you see in that spider-sense are from the 60s show, but heavily modified. It's one way to show tribute to that series.

Has anybody thought about doing an Ultimate Spider-Man profile? I haven't watched every episode of the series so i probably couldn't make it myself, but i could help out with calcing some feats.

I assume you mean the cartoon, so good lord no, I want to stay as far away from that show as possible. That or the very originally titled "Marvel's Spider-Man" cartoon.

I personally consider the show ok, i get the complaints but i still like it a lot due to it being the spider-man show that was airing on TV when i was a kid, it also introduced me to a lot of marvel characters i didn't know about at the time

Last edited:
Has anybody thought about doing an Ultimate Spider-Man profile? I haven't watched every episode of the series so i probably couldn't make it myself, but i could help out with calcing some feats.
Spider-Man ends up scaling to the 6-B stuff in there, even if he’s not as skilled and arguably weaker at the beginning of the series

That said, I would like us to avoid making a profile for him until we gather all of his abilities and such, since the series is fairly long and his arsenal and most definitely his skill grows considerably over the duration of it

Upon becoming Carnage, Peter could break restraints (which for some reason fall apart entirely) seems like a good LS feat but wouldn't scale to base Spider-Man, probably would only scale to a special Carnage key

To go over some reasons why Spider-Mn scales:
-Spider-Man harmed Atuma, also having taken hits from him during another fight
-Spider-Man punched off the head of a hacked Iron Man suit
-Took attacks from Symbiote monsters that were capable of defeating Thor and Hulk
-Harmed the Wendigo King who could
-Iron Fist was able to stun a Carnage Amped Hulk
-White Tiger overpowered Black Widow

Spider-Man has shown comparability to his team consistently throughout the series. Those are just the feats I remember off hand

Actually, giving Avengers Assemble and the other verses on the MAU page would be a good idea in general instead of continuing to messily have them share pages, though we can still mention how Avengers Assemble has the weird alternate connection to EMH

I don't even think the Ultimate cartoon is really bad, it just falls short for the duration of its run (4th wall jokes get really unbearable fast). I'll at least appreciate that it used more obscure villains alongside the classics and had actual conflicts + signs of Peter becoming more experienced. Overall though, it's not all that great to watch again and you'd rather just watch a better Spidey adaptation

2017 Spider-Man is definitely the worst cartoon though, holy shit, if you wanted to butcher Spider-Man, then that's the key right there

I don't even think the Ultimate cartoon is really bad, it just falls short for the duration of its run (4th wall jokes get really unbearable fast)
Definatly agree, the constant 4th wall jokes really interfere with some good action scenes
2017 Spider-Man is definitely the worst cartoon though, holy shit, if you wanted to butcher Spider-Man, then that's the key right there
the only episode i watched of that one is like one with the smartphone girl i think, i don't remember much about it
i also watched a bit of an episode with doc ock but don't remember anything about it either

Back