• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space vs Time

Assuming that Character A only has Spatial Manipulation as his ability while Character B only has Time Manipulation as his ability. Both characters are the same Tier and are equally powerful in stats.

Who wins and why?

Gwynbleiddd said:
Character B slows down time to attack Character A before he can react or use his powers.
So technically I think you would call that a speedblitz in Character B's favour.

Let's pretend that I'll lowball Character B's Time Manipulation Ability to just being able to only time travel. Would Character B also have to stand still in order to time travel like what Sonic, Shadow and Silver did when they time travel in Sonic 06?

Do you think that Character A can one shot Character B assuming that Character B can't slow down time or freeze it?

It depends on how the powers work. You can't really say either of them is certainly superior to the other. However I agree with Gwyn that this is a likely scenario of what could happen.

Of course it also depends heavily on stats and other abilities as well. If one of them can one shot or blitz the other and would be willing to do so, it doesn't really matter if their powers are less effective. Or if a character is resistant towards those powers.

It's really case by case.

Ryukama said:
It depends on how the powers work. You can't really say either of them is certainly superior to the other. However I agree with Gwyn that this is a likely scenario of what could happen.
Of course it also depends heavily on stats and other abilities as well. If one of them can one shot or blitz the other and would be willing to do so, it doesn't really matter if their powers are less effective. Or if a character is resistant towards those powers.

It's really case by case.
I'm starting to think that Time beats Space but we should wait for other admins to speak their minds before closing this thread. I also told "The real cal howard" about this thread since I also wanted to know what his answers would be.

Those two are eighth, it's a matter of speed. And frankly, it's not as in time's favor as they think. One can make t=0 while the other can make d=infinity in v=d/t. Kinda depends on who gets their power off first.

According pokemon mythology, it's a stalemate between dialga and palkia.

If Time and Space should be close in a "fair" battle, Time may have also access to some broken abilities than Space can't counter by himself. Time loop for example is almost a guarantee to not lose, and time travel is almost a guarantee to win without even fighting (at least against opponent who are younger than the concept of time). Though, not every time manipulator have access to those tricks.

The real cal howard said:
Those two are eighth, it's a matter of speed. And frankly, it's not as in time's favor as they think. One can make t=0 while the other can make d=infinity in v=d/t. Kinda depends on who gets their power off first.
Do you mean t = time, d = dimensions and v = victory or velocity or something else?

Nakaos said:
According pokemon mythology, it's a stalemate between dialga and palkia.
If Time and Space should be close in a "fair" battle, Time may have also access to some broken abilities than Space can't counter by himself. Time loop for example is almost a guarantee to not lose, and time travel is almost a guarantee to win without even fighting (at least against opponent who are younger than the concept of time). Though, not every time manipulator have access to those tricks.
If Character B tried using Time Loop that would lead to a Time Paradox in which Character B would have to keep time travelling only to keep on stalling the fight for eternity.

The only way for Character B to time travel to when Character A was a baby is to give Character B prep time but without prep time he would be time travelling for eternity to find baby Character A and there is a possibility that Character B would get bored and return to the fight. If you give Character A prep he would know how to one shot Character B before Character B can time travel.

HimikoWerckmeister said:
You need to know your verse mechanics, for example in Fortissmo Sayuki's time manipulation penetrated Odin's space/reality manipulation.
Sayuki Kurobane - 7-B or 4-C VS Odin - at least 5-B, 4-C | At least 4-C, possibly 3-C | At least 3-C

Which tier of these 2 characters were used when Sayuki's time manipulation penetrated Odin's space/realiy manipulation?

Edit: You said in chat that 4-C Sayuki performed that feat against 4-C Odin so technically time powers > space powers

Back