• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Depends on the Marine, how experienced he is, and what equipment he has available with him.

Going with the "vanilla" Marine (I'm supposing an Ultramarine armed with a Heavy Bolter, Chainsword, Krak & Frag Grenades, with plenty of experience, but still not quite a veteran), then this is a hard match. The Marine and Spidey are fairly equal in combat experience and skill, although Spidey is more used against weirder and potentially more varied foes, whilst the Marine has more "raw" experience. Physically, they're fairly equal, but Spidey has the advantage of precog, so there's that. However, in equipment and versatility, the Space Marine got this.

Overall, I see Spidey beating the Marine with really high diff, but it can swing wildly to either side depending on the chapter, experience and equipment.

This is a hard matchup. Partly because the combatants are so close in power. But without specifying a chapter, I cannot make any calls for sure. Different chapters naturally have similiar equipment but their preferences and tactics change up how they do things.

A Blood Angel will not fight like Ultramarine who will not fight like an Imperial Fist. So on and so forth. It also needs to be specified how experienced is the marine (Battle Brother, Sergent, etc.). Going further, the specific loadout he is using. Again, Marines have preferences.

How would Spiderman break the power armor, considering that the armor makes Marines walking tanks? In regards to experience the Marine takes this handsdown considering the fact that to become a fully fledged Marine you have to be a Scout until you somehow manage to pass your extremley difficult trials and only then will you become a full Marine. In addition you have to remember that the Marine we are talking about has probably already (if he is close to 100 years old) fought most of what the galaxy has to offer, from Daemons to Necrons to Tyranid swarms. Of course the chapter and the equipment matter, but I think that the average Space Marine with a chainsword should be able to shred Spiderman with mid diff or if the space marine is particularly low rank, high diff. EOM forbid if he has a power weapon of any kind. (BTW That is not that rare it just depends on the chapter, as usually sarges have a power weapon or even an outstanding regular marine can have one.)

But the problem with these kinds of matchups is that you have to remember if you think about it, this is like putting a named Space Marine vs an FBI agent, you are taking a named character from one universe and pitting it against an unamed elite soldier, personally I would pit a named Space Marine vs Spiderman but I am aware that Spiderman would have no chance but I still think it would be fun to see discussed.

From what I've seen, it's probably better if speed was NOT equalized; Spidey's offense can't even hope to scratch a Space Marine (based off their wikia profiles).

In fact, it could be considered a stomp - Spidey has no way of hurting a Space Marine whatsoever, and can last longer staminawise, constantly attacking until Spider-Man can no longer dodge.

See, I kind of felt Spidey was a tad out of his league but I was also scared to come off as a 40k wanker.

But after rethinking and reading over the other posts so far, I've got to backtrack and say Spidey is in for the worst fight of his life. It will take everything he's got just to breach ceramite plate and he essentially has to be perfect. Unlike the marine, Spidey has no added protection and thus no margin for. He takes a bolt round to any part of himself and that limb is coming off or he's being blown to pieces if it gets his head or chest. A bolt round pentrates into a target and then denoates for maximum damage. Think of every round being like a shotgun blast but contained inside of a large bullet. Yes, Spider-Sense will help but, again, Spidey is not perfect.

A chainsword is capable of eating through even Power Armor of Space Marines. Spidey may be much tougher than an average human but that will go right through him.

Then we add on the fact that the Space Marine is capable of going DAYS without rest and continue fighting with little degrade in his perfromance. Spidey got at least a few hours in him before he starts to feel tired.

Speed and Spider-Sense are Spidey's biggest advantages but even if he had them, I still think he'd eventually go down. He can't really hurt the Marine whose armor is one of the toughest things in the 40k verse and whose physiology is truly built for extreme punishment with enhanced healing, quick blood clotting, and multiple organs. We also have to remember that the Marines fight Eldar who are one of the quickest and agile races out there and they can beat them. That Eldar is also armored and has weapons to contend with the Marine.

Yeah, there's not much Spidey can do here but prolong the end.

I think it's safe to call this a stomp in favor of the Space Marine and close the thread. Someone call a moderator over here, we're done with this.

Read the previous comments.

Short summary: Spiderman has literally no way of hurting the Space Marine, and the Space Marine can easily outlast Spiderman in terms of stamina. Also, any of the Marine's weapons will prove to be either lethal or do something like blast off an arm - no margin for error, or else Spiderman dies.

^Pretty much.

At the end of the day, this is one of those cases where just because the two are in the same tier doesn't mean they're equal, sadly.

Spidey is outclassed in close, mid and long range. He just doesn't have the tools nessecary to breach that armor in any reasonable amount of time while any of the Marine's weapons will inflict high to lethal damage on him. And that's just the armor, not the Marine inside whose built to take ridiculous amounts of punishment with redundant healing system.

Not to mention that Spidey's durability is best suited to blunt trama. The Marine is bringing blunt force, pentration, explosive and cutting power. This is assuming the marine has the typical loadout of some form of bolter, a chainsword, frag and/or krak greneades and his physical blows. In fact Spidey's not bulletproof to even small arms fire, a so a bolt round is gonna go right through him.

The Space Marines also routinely fight Genestealers, extremely swift and agile Tyranids with claws that can breach Terminator armor and can win. They Eldar and Dark Eldar, extremely swift opponents with more advanced weaponry. Necrons who have metal bodies that can repair themselves and gauss weaponry that get through the Marine's armor. Chaos Space Marines, who got everything the typical Space Marine does plus daemonic weaponry, blessings from the Chaos Gods and even sheer experience in a lot of cases. Daemons, who defy the laws of physics. The list goes on.

So the Marine is capable of dealing with opponents who have ways of of equalizing the playing field or getting one over on him and he can still contend. To him, Spidey is an overglorified mutant in a weird costume.

Power Armor is something so far out of Spiderman's league it's borderline pathetic. Nothing the Spodermen has can potentiall breach it, and even if Spiderman finds a Marine butt-naked, but armed, the Marine is still somewhat more durable. The Marine has superior stamina, experience and weaponry, as if to rub salt into the wound.

Chainswords and meltas can shred Spiderman's webs. Bolters, flamers, and powerfists can pulp Spiderman in one or two shots, and any hit would be lethal.

SPEHSS MARINES! BATTUL BRUVAHS! WE HAVE WON FOR TEH EMPRAH THIS DHEY!

Wait, by what durability feats exactly Power Armour is unbreachable by someone like Spider Man?

I love 40k (At least lore-wise), but honestly, I think you guys are underestimating Spidey way too much.

Of course, a Marine's power armour is incredibly tough, but so is Spiderman himself. Considering the times he was hurt by small arms fire is kinda downplay-ish, especially when he tanked explosions to the face before just fine.

Yeah, but I must say, the Marine has a definite edge on durability. But saying that Spider Man can't break through it? He already broke through a foot thick of carbonadium before. Although it is more of a lifting strength feat than anything, it should be noted that, with Mark of Cain (I think that is the name?) he can well use lifting strength to pull out Power Armour parts.

The Space Marine is used to fight nimbler foes, yes, but so is Spider Man used to fight stronger and tougher foes. Just look at his fights against Rhino, or Venom.

With precog, I have 0 doubts that he'll be able to dodge bolter rounds, at least from a certain distance. Put that, plus the fact his webbing is in fact incredibly strong (Capable of catching bullets, stopping an elevator, a car, and much more), I am pretty sure the Marine is in for some trouble. I mean, what if the bolter is just filled with webbing? What if his hands are tied up, if his visor is covered by web? If the webbing forces him to keep ahold of his weapons, or worse, if Spider Man makes a "web-ball", encasing the Marine?

Don't underestimate Spidey, ppl.

The points still stand, however. The Space Marine heavily outclasses Spiderman either way.

You'd have to seriously wank the marine to a huge degree before you could call it a fair fight.

Wank is downplay, right?

@Ghostly

'Wank' is the opposite. Wanking is when you say something is better than it actually is. EX: It would be like someone saying that One Punch Man can beat any other character in punch.

I think you were looking for the term 'nerf' which basically means to make something weaker. Like you could nerf the Marine by stripping him of his armor or not allowing him any weapons other than his fists.

EliminatorVenom said:
Wait, by what durability feats exactly Power Armour is unbreachable by someone like Spider Man?
I love 40k (At least lore-wise), but honestly, I think you guys are underestimating Spidey way too much.

Of course, a Marine's power armour is incredibly tough, but so is Spiderman himself. Considering the times he was hurt by small arms fire is kinda downplay-ish, especially when he tanked explosions to the face before just fine.

Yeah, but I must say, the Marine has a definite edge on durability. But saying that Spider Man can't break through it? He already broke through a foot thick of carbonadium before. Although it is more of a lifting strength feat than anything, it should be noted that, with Mark of Cain (I think that is the name?) he can well use lifting strength to pull out Power Armour parts.

The Space Marine is used to fight nimbler foes, yes, but so is Spider Man used to fight stronger and tougher foes. Just look at his fights against Rhino, or Venom.

With precog, I have 0 doubts that he'll be able to dodge bolter rounds, at least from a certain distance. Put that, plus the fact his webbing is in fact incredibly strong (Capable of catching bullets, stopping an elevator, a car, and much more), I am pretty sure the Marine is in for some trouble. I mean, what if the bolter is just filled with webbing? What if his hands are tied up, if his visor is covered by web? If the webbing forces him to keep ahold of his weapons, or worse, if Spider Man makes a "web-ball", encasing the Marine?

Don't underestimate Spidey, ppl.
Note that the cobonadium wasn't actually a solid foot thick. It was partially hollow and contained wires composed of an unknown substance.

Furthermore, Spider Man's webbing is strong, yes, but probably not enough to encase a Space Marine for longer than say, thirty seconds. And that just buys Spider Man some time to rest, as, as stated before, he doesn't really have any feats of breaking through armor on the level of 40k.

TheC2 said:
@Ghostly
'Wank' is the opposite. Wanking is when you say something is better than it actually is. EX: It would be like someone saying that One Punch Man can beat any other character in punch.

I think you were looking for the term 'nerf' which basically means to make something weaker. Like you could nerf the Marine by stripping him of his armor or not allowing him any weapons other than his fists.
FML. Thanks though.

@Loyal

Thanks for bumping, I forgot about this thread.

@Ghostly

For what reason is the Marine so superior to Spidey? Honestly, I haven't seen anything here that puts him on a whole new league.

@Omega

True, but afaic, Space Marine armour isn't very thick (To human standards, it is really thick, but I'm talking about the standards of things that Spider Man fights).

Blunt force damage is one of the most efficient ways to breach armors and cause damage to their user, which is the very reason why maces and hammers were used against plate armor instead of swords and daggers. And even if we reject that, there's still the fact that with his lifting strength, Spidey can use the Mark of Cain to slowly, but surely disassemble Space Marine armour.

Spidey has taken down harder, I think. From what I've read, the Space Marine doesn't seem too strong, while Spidey has fought and constantly shown to be even (even means lots of different things here) to the likes of: Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Venom, Iron Fist, etc. that are all more than what the Space Marine seems to be.

And with immense amounts of stress and determination, Spidey has done impossible things. He managed to free Adam Warlock, beat Fire Lord, beat Morlun and many other great feats when he wanted to defend someone he truly loved and cared about.

I agree with what was said before, dont understimate Spider-Man.

Space Marines seem to have weapons that vary even to Continent Level. But can that hit Spidey? How does their weapons work exactly? Also, remember Spidey has tanked even attacks from the mighty Thanos. Spidey can surely take a hit.

Sorry, but are you guys looking at the right Spidey's profile? Based on the topics its spidey from MCU this is not even close for the Space Marines. Spidey has Massively Hypersonic speed compared to thier Hypersonic. His AP is city level so he would crack open their 8-C armor easily. A standard marine would have no chance. Now a dreanought, centurion, or terminator would possibly tank basically everything he could throw till he tired himself out and kill him after that.

Since this is a bog standard SM its probably going to go to Spidey.

Sigh... People, this was made back when Spiderman was High 8-C. He got an upgrade to Low 7-C a little while ago. That's why you've got more people voting for the Marine.

There isn't a match anymore because this is a complete mismatch as there is no version Space Marine that could make for a fair fight. The basic Space Marine is way under Spidey, who is outclassed by the Space Marine's other profiles.

In all honestly, after Spidey got his upgrade, this thread should have been closed. I don't know why it's even still open.

Back