• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sound of Silence: Hay Lin (W.I.T.C.H.) vs Dosu Kinuta (Naruto) (0 - 8 - 0) (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Trying to give Dosu a match because he's the forgotten goat.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • 8-B Arc 1 - 3 Hay Lin
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything else)

Hay Lin:

Dosu Kinuta: 8 (Deceived3596, Peppersalt43, Arcker123, Mariogoods, LordGriffin1000, XSOULOFCINDERX, Godernet, Spilxson2,

They cheat on a written exam:

Last edited:
Hay Lin has a decent amount of abilities, so I'll ask what does she usually start with when fighting someone? and does she have a counter against Dosu's sound waves rupturing her eardrums, causing her balance and such movements to become impaired?

Hay Lin has a decent amount of abilities, so I'll ask what does she usually start with when fighting someone? and does she have a counter against Dosu's sound waves rupturing her eardrums, causing her balance and such movements to become impaired?
Arc 1 - 3, she mainly utilizes her control over the air to fly in combat and use either wind elemental beams or powerful blasts of air as offensive attacks. She uses invisibility to conceal herself and her enhanced hearing (she can literally talk to the wind) to hear what's going on in a large area, and selectively pick out which ones she wants to hear as melodies so she's good at tracking locations. She doesn't utilize her duplication (Astral Drop) for battle at all, but her lightspeed teleporting is used when she needs to reach a destination or can be used to escape. Other than that she doesn't ise much else for combat unless it's needed, for example if she's underwater then she'll make air bubbles, if she needs reach a high wall/ceiling but couldn't fly she'd use user her magic to walk on them. Basically everything else is situational.

As for a defense against his sound, not that I'm aware of, her best bet is to keep her distance and talk to the wind to keep his location on lock and use her invisibility along with sound proofing her area since she is one to try tactics like blindsiding her opponent but overall, no. If he sends out a sound wave and it reaches her ear, it will effect her because even though she can tune specific sounds into melodies, it will hit her first.

Last edited:
Arc 1 - 3, she mainly utilizes her control over the air to fly in combat and use either wind elemental beams or powerful blasts of air as offensive attacks. She uses invisibility to conceal herself and her enhanced hearing (she can literally talk to the wind) to hear what's going on in a large area, and selectively pick out which ones she wants to hear as melodies so she's good at tracking locations. She doesn't utilize her duplication (Astral Drop) for battle at all, but her lightspeed teleporting is used when she needs to reach a destination or can be used to escape. Other than that she doesn't ise much else for combat unless it's needed, for example if she's underwater then she'll make air bubbles, if she needs reach a high wall/ceiling but couldn't fly she'd use user her magic to walk on them. Basically everything else is situational.
Hmm, her flight could be a problem depending on how far up she can fly up. From what the scan provided on her profile shows it doesn't seem that far (only a couple feet give or take) but I guess that's probably a low-end showing of it. I guess I'll start by asking for feats of how far she can fly with her Wind Manipulation.

Dosu should be able to disperse those wind elemental beams or powerful blast of wind with his Sound Manipulation as it produces enough sound that it generates large, concussive blasts of energy. With it being strong enough to destroy entire thick trees and their roots.

Invisibility would definitely be an issue since Dosu can't visually see invisible things. But given his incredibly enhanced hearing, which is fine-tune enough to hear the exact motions, rhythm etc. Of one's pencil strokes. Hay Lin's footsteps or general movement should produce more sound than that made by a pencil's strokes. So it would be easier for him to hear and react accordingly to those sounds.

Teleportation could be an issue, with her being able to effectively dodge Dosu's attacks or out-range him massively in theory. But given the fundamental nature of Dosu's attacks, with them being large blast of invisible sound-waves and Hay Lin's inability to see or probably sense them, I don't believe her teleportation would be as combat-effective it, in theory, could be. She can still use it to out-range Dosu, sure. But if she does enter Dosu's effective range of his sound-waves, then I doubt she would be able to use it to dodge them.

As for a defense against his sound, not that I'm aware of, her best bet is to talk to keep her distance and talk to the wind to keep his location on lock and use her invisibility along with sound proofing her area since she is one to try tactics like blindsiding her opponent but overall, no. If he sends out a sound wave and it reaches her ear, it will effect her because even though she can tune specific sounds into melodies, it will hit her first.
I could see that working, the only problem with that is I don't believe SBA grants prior knowledge of the characters abilities. So I don't see her making that sound proofed area at the start of the fight, potentially after she his abilities she might start sound proofing her general area, sure, I would grant you that. But off the bat, I'm not entirely sure. This coupled with the fact that Dosu's sound-waves aren't just a singular directional attack, but are rather omni-directional as it's a "wall of sound" created.

I can see her trying to sneak attack Dosu with her invisibility, but through Dosu's enhance hearing and omni-directional sound waves, he can react and hit Hay with his sound waves before she can capitalize on him being "off-guard". And because of the esoteric nature of Dosu's sound-waves, with them causing one's ears to rupture and have the equilibrium of his opponents messed with, leaving the opponent basically incapable of moving or fighting back conventionally. I see Dosu capitalizing on Hay's weakened form and going straight for the kill, like he was going to do against Sakura and Lee.

I'm currently leaning towards Dosu, but I can definitely have my mind changed.

Hmm, her flight could be a problem depending on how far up she can fly up. From what the scan provided on her profile shows it doesn't seem that far (only a couple feet give or take) but I guess that's probably a low-end showing of it. I guess I'll start by asking for feats of how far she can fly with her Wind Manipulation.
Sorry for the wait, had to find the scan and yeah her profile just shows she can fly but not the exact height. Since this is Arc 1 - 3 I won't use feats from later arcs so her biggest feat that I can remember was when she lifted herself and a bunch of dogs out of the pound and into the air. That's the highest I can recall her going this early in the series. Later on she can reach potential cloud height with her wind power (Arc 4 - 6) and space when she has flight with her wings (Arc 7 - 11) but as I mentioned the dog feat is the highest she's flown (Arc 1 -3).
Dosu should be able to disperse those wind elemental beams or powerful blast of wind with his Sound Manipulation as it produces enough sound that it generates large, concussive blasts of energy. With it being strong enough to destroy entire thick trees and their roots.

Invisibility would definitely be an issue since Dosu can't visually see invisible things. But given his incredibly enhanced hearing, which is fine-tune enough to hear the exact motions, rhythm etc. Of one's pencil strokes. Hay Lin's footsteps or general movement should produce more sound than that made by a pencil's strokes. So it would be easier for him to hear and react accordingly to those sounds.

Teleportation could be an issue, with her being able to effectively dodge Dosu's attacks or out-range him massively in theory. But given the fundamental nature of Dosu's attacks, with them being large blast of invisible sound-waves and Hay Lin's inability to see or probably sense them, I don't believe her teleportation would be as combat-effective it, in theory, could be. She can still use it to out-range Dosu, sure. But if she does enter Dosu's effective range of his sound-waves, then I doubt she would be able to use it to dodge them.
Fair points. Her senses don't allow her see sound, only her hearing is peak (especially in the last arc when she can hear across infinite size universes) but the issue is she needs to hear it first before doing something about it.
I could see that working, the only problem with that is I don't believe SBA grants prior knowledge of the characters abilities. So I don't see her making that sound proofed area at the start of the fight, potentially after she his abilities she might start sound proofing her general area, sure, I would grant you that. But off the bat, I'm not entirely sure. This coupled with the fact that Dosu's sound-waves aren't just a singular directional attack, but are rather omni-directional as it's a "wall of sound" created.

I can see her trying to sneak attack Dosu with her invisibility, but through Dosu's enhance hearing and omni-directional sound waves, he can react and hit Hay with his sound waves before she can capitalize on him being "off-guard". And because of the esoteric nature of Dosu's sound-waves, with them causing one's ears to rupture and have the equilibrium of his opponents messed with, leaving the opponent basically incapable of moving or fighting back conventionally. I see Dosu capitalizing on Hay's weakened form and going straight for the kill, like he was going to do against Sakura and Lee.

I'm currently leaning towards Dosu, but I can definitely have my mind changed.
Vote counted.

Yeah, she has no knowledge but when she didn't want to be heard she soundproofed the room she was in but as you mentioned without knowledge she wouldn't know his hearing is cracked so it's likely not going to be used until she notices he seems to know where she is despite not seeing her.

Sorry for the wait, had to find the scan and yeah her profile just shows she can fly but not the exact height. Since this is Arc 1 - 3 I won't use feats from later arcs so her biggest feat that I can remember was when she lifted herself and a bunch of dogs out of the pound and into the air. That's the highest I can recall her going this early in the series. Later on she can reach potential cloud height with her wind power (Arc 4 - 6) and space when she has flight with her wings (Arc 7 - 11) but as I mentioned the dog feat is the highest she's flown (Arc 1 -3).
We don't get a good angle to see how far she's off the ground, so we can't get a definitive distance, but she's probably floating around 10's of feet from the ground as she's floating above those buildings in the background. I would say that Dosu's acrobatics and his sound waves will grant him enough range to hit Hay Lin even if she's flying. Dosu can hop multiple feet off the ground without the help of the surrounding environment and his sound waves are large enough to pierce multiple foot holes through large trees and roots. This fight also takes place at National Park, NYC. Which is home to multiple decently large trees that will absolutely help Dosu close the distance even more and faster than he can already do from neutral ground.

Fair points. Her senses don't allow her see sound, only her hearing is peak (especially in the last arc when she can hear across infinite size universes) but the issue is she needs to hear it first before doing something about it.
Yeah, the fact her sensing doesn't allow her to see sound, with the only way she will actually have knowledge on it, and can effectively counter it would be when she hears it wouldn't be good for her because of how loud said sound is.

Vote counted.

Yeah, she has no knowledge but when she didn't want to be heard she soundproofed the room she was in but as you mentioned without knowledge she wouldn't know his hearing is cracked so it's likely not going to be used until she notices he seems to know where she is despite not seeing her.
Pretty much, it just seems like Dosu's wincon is just easier to achieve compared to Hay Lin's tbh. It just requires her to hear his sound while she needs to actively send elemental beams and powerful gusts of wind to damage him, both of which are much easier to see, hear and counter compared to his sound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back