• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense,I think souls have chakra properties, which would explain why it's tangible.

Shouldn't Orochimaru get Resistance to Soul Manipulation too, for resisting Hiruzen's Soul removal?

I just hope this doesn't get used a lot as argument in orochimaru's case where it's quite literraly shown that the only reason Hiruzen didn't take his soul with easy was because of his physical condition and because he was low on power.

And, there is also the way Naruto resisted soul manipulation, which honestly should be specified as resistance on soul extraction.

This isn't a resistance feat at all. He just grabbed it. He was saved by Itachi and Killer B. Naruto was becoming weak and would had die.

Source:http://*********.com/Manga/Naruto/Chapter-551?id=377701#4

Scene:
0551-008

Unite My Rice said:
Soul absorption is soul manipulation, which Naruto stopped o.o
He didn't stopped it. He grabbed his soul for a time, and admitted to be getting weak. He was about to die until Itachi smacked Nagato from him, and thanks to Killer B distraction.

Resistance can be weak as well. He was going to do die for sure, but Naruto resisted for a little while and he would of resist for more until Nagato inevitable extracted his soul.

Having resistance on soul manipulation doesn't mean soul manipulation won't work on you. It just means that it's effect is weaker or that it needs more time depending on how it works.

It also depends on how big your resistance is of course.

But in this case is useless in a battle since he didn't show the capability of been able to escape it.

AppleLord said:
But in this case is useless in a battle since he didn't show the capability of been able to escape it.
the amount of time I had to repeat the same sentence in past two weeks is amazing.

This wiki is about indexing(Characters story, abilties, equipment strength etc.) the entire being useless in a battle is not important as the vs threads are a secondary thing. One can just add a note about it, but i doubt that is necessary.

There are many profiles with persons that have abilties that are not combat applicable.

There are also characters that don't have all their abilities added for the same reason. It can be add, I have no problem with it, as long as the feat in question is properly explain in a note.

But they can be added if someone actually wants to.

That said the possibility of Naruto fighting someone with soul rip is highly unlikely.

This seems fine to add. Feel free to do so.

@AppleLord

naruto also attack Nagato but he absorb it

if naruto fought against someone who did not had power absorbtion then naruto wont die and would able to escape it

Honestly... I don't know.

I might agree with adding Resistance to Soul Manipulation to Naruto's page.

It's just he was able to grab it before it was fully ripped out and than got into a struggle. Resistance would be more of Nagato being unable to atomaticlly being able to take it.

But I guess I can agree... It would just need to be clarified is all.

The fact Orochimaru was able to resist RDS, despite Hiruzen's condition is still Resistance. Had Nagato not been as strong as he was, Naruto would likely be able to resist similarly to Oro.

Not sure if this is a strength feat also...Nagato was beating Naruto in the tug of war, granted Naruto was getting weaker.

i dont specifically think its soul resistant more so that naruto was not that much weaker than nagato, i mean we have only seen the technique work on fodder ninjas just like any nijutsu or technique if the enemy is as strong as you or slightly weaker it be hard to use regardless, is the same with Ino family technique as long as the ninja itself is much stronger they can overpower it does not mean they have spirit or soul resistant is just the power difference

in the entire series only Orochimaru, and Hagoromo even knew about the soul

soul = chakra in narutoverse

@Dbknowitall

it is still soul Resistanc for naruto

fodder or not if naruto didnt had soul Resistanc than he wouldve died like fodder ninjas

Okay. Is anybody willing to add it to Naruto's page then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back