• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are the Shadow the Hedgehog ones accepted as separate timelines? Kinda feel like they should, since Stardust Speedway bad future is in White Space, something that logically shouldn’t exist in any way due to a lack of canon story presence, and yet does. It’s a thing decided entirely by gameplay choices, much like the alternate scenarios in Shadow’s game, where they all start at the same place and end in different ways and orientations from the canon, but are still listed as separate routes.

And then with the special stages, I’m kind of unsure if they are universe sized. They are separate dimensions, but there have been cases where dimensions weren’t universe-sized (like Digital Dimension in Riders or the Twilight Cage).

But if they were universes, would it be fair to apply these universes to the timelines we have? Like saying each timeline contains an extra 133+ universe-sized spaces to make them more impressive in scope?

I heard some discussion that the Shadow stuff shouldn’t be used so I was curious.
So Sonic is like in the 350-400 universe range atm right.

Could it be pushed to 2-B?

Shadow discussion was On another thread on this site, not Discord

I don't know who said that here, a lot of people don't follow the cosmology that much, but the Shadow stuff is valid, yes, Sonic is in that range

There's arguments for 2-B, they are being worked on

I heard some discussion that the Shadow stuff shouldn’t be used so I was curious.
-Tells him to avoid being easily influenced
-Talks about discussions on the ratings
-No CRT was made on the subject
-Long discussion that will change nothing inbound

Alright I've had my fun. But in all seriousness, 2-B is a subject meant to be tackled at a later date. iirc, we're supposed to approach DDM about the Maginaryworld topic and a reboot thread can be made on the subject. It's moreso that other things are planned for the verse before that will happen, so there's not really a point in aiming for a premature 2-B upgrade thread.

Aight then, can’t wait to see it.

I was just sort of curious on the special stage size, just wanted to make sure it was an actual universe sized thing and not a pocket dimension type deal.

It was downgraded with plans to discuss it being either Low 2-C or 2-B later on in the future, which is sooner rather than later by this point.

This thread should be closed tho, since its original purpose was answered and JJ is content with the answers he's gotten.

Well, actually, I’m still kind of confused regarding if special stages are universe sized, and if each stage should count as separate universes.

In the blog there's a scan that says that special stages are universes, since there's clearly multiple special stages, they are all their own universes

Well yeah, I’m seeing how there is one parallel universe in Sonic Chaos that contains all the special stages.
But not the one where it says each stage is it’s own parallel universe.

Also for some reason Fang’s justification for being from a special stage links to a list of the Shadow story pathways.

Also for some reason Fang’s justification for being from a special stage links to a list of the Shadow story pathways.
That's an error for sure. The original scan is in the manual iirc, I'll dig it up and post it here after I come back from the gym if I'm not ninja'd

Well yeah, I’m seeing how there is one parallel universe in Sonic Chaos that contains all the special stages.
I am pretty sure it's never said it's a parralel universe that contains all the special stages, the quote is "rescue the five Chaos Emeralds from the paralel universe in the Special Stages", you are creating context

What it says is "rescue the Emeralds from the parallel universe during the Special Stages"

Which could easily mean "the special stages are in the parallel universe, and while you're there, you get the Emerald"

What it says is "rescue the Emeralds from the parallel universe during the Special Stages"

Which could easily mean "the special stages are in the parallel universe, and while you're there, you get the Emerald"
My comment was literally the exact quote

Your entire second paragraph is speculation, plus even if there is only one universe holding all Sonic Chaos special stages, then there are other universes holding the stages of other games

Back