• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
thats pretty cool aint gonna lie
Post-Imprisonment - Onwards Sonic is used, has access to Cyber Corruption and is Low 2-C (No Super Sonic)
Post-Warworld Apocalypes Rebirth Superman is used and is 2-C
Speed is equalized
Sonic has 5 Rings
Fight takes place in an ad infintium stadium
Profiles

Last edited:
This isn't a vote, but Supes resist nearly everything Sonic has.
Surprisingly, he has no resistance to Information Type 2 even when accounting for the resistances he gets from the other Supes. So Cyber Corruption is gonna be a problem for him
What stops Superman from one-shotting?
Probably a mix of Sonic's 4x higher reaction speed with Speed Equal, and his tendency to spam the Spin Dash or Boost in many his confrontations. However, you have a point. Maybe he should get a few Rings to realize CQC is not the best answer.

Surprisingly, he has no resistance to Information Type 2 even when accounting for the resistances he gets from the other Supes. So Cyber Corruption is gonna be a problem for him

Probably a mix of Sonic's 4x higher reaction speed with Speed Equal, and his tendency to spam the Spin Dash or Boost in many his confrontations. However, you have a point. Maybe he should get a few Rings to realize CQC is not the best answer.
He should
What does Sonic start with?
CQC, usually with speed amps and instinctive actions (homing attack, spin dash, boost)

What does Sonic start with?
On top of what Pepto said, Sonic will be more inclined to use his Cyber Powers (Cross Slash, Sonic Boom, etc.) because of his ongoing affliction with Cyber Corruption.

So on top of CQC (his leading move), he'll use a mix of various projectiles that Cyber Corruption offers. That's where Info Type 2 comes in.

@Brogeefrong Maybe give Sonic 5 to 10-ish Rings so Sonic doesn't go kersplat on Superman's fist, while Superman isn't chipping away at a large Ring pool?

Doesn't Sonic gets passively faster and faster the more the match continues? If Superman doesn't one shot fast, Sonic will eventually blitz him, and Sonic has many ways to increase his speed even with equal speed

Doesn't Sonic gets passively faster and faster the more the match continues? If Superman doesn't one shot fast, Sonic will eventually blitz him, and Sonic has many ways to increase his speed even with equal speed
It is likely that Superman will one shot Sonic quickly. As Sonic attacks by homing towards his opponent and trying to get in close, which would be the worst thing he could do here.

I also don't even see how Sonic could hurt Supes, since Supes resist nearly everything he has , aswell as having 2-C durability ontop of that.

Superman has much higher durability, I don't think any of those attacks are going to help here.
Info Type 2. Superman will be torn to shreds if he's even struck once, Superman has no resistance to having his Fundamental Information attacked and he'll have to deal with all these abilities (the detriments) rooted in it. Resistance to any of these means nothing if he doesn't resist Information Manipulation. Supes gets demolished regardless of even 2-A durability.

Also I just remembered Rings are Standard Equipment in Sonic's page, and Brogee has to specify the amount. So there won't be an immediate one-shotting here so long as Sonic has one, as they have Damage Transferal on a 6-D scale.

On top of what Pepto said, Sonic will be more inclined to use his Cyber Powers (Cross Slash, Sonic Boom, etc.) because of his ongoing affliction with Cyber Corruption.

So on top of CQC (his leading move), he'll use a mix of various projectiles that Cyber Corruption offers. That's where Info Type 2 comes in.

@Brogeefrong Maybe give Sonic 5 to 10-ish Rings so Sonic doesn't go kersplat on Superman's fist, while Superman isn't chipping away at a large Ring pool?
alright he'll get 5

So he'll just get out-skilled and one shot?
Sonic will see Supes as frozen thanks to how high his amps are

Also......i wouldn't count on Superman outskilling Sonic here, seeing the profiles.....i would argue Sonic outskills here more than anything

Superman has much higher durability, I don't think any of those attacks are going to help here.
Cyber Corruption is......well, Corruption hax, Info type 2 based at that, so if he is hit, he is going to feel it

It is likely that Superman will one shot Sonic quickly. As Sonic attacks by homing towards his opponent and trying to get in close, which would be the worst thing he could do here.
Sonic with his amps sees being blitzing him as completelt frozen, so in speed equal here Superman will be seen as frozen, plus Sonic's natural 4x higher reaction speed to help him on top of that

Also with Rings he can just tank his attacks no problem

I also don't even see how Sonic could hurt Supes, since Supes resist nearly everything he has
can you give the list? I really doubt that

I know for certain he doesn't resists Chaos Control since that is layered + smurf, so he could still stop him in time

, aswell as having 2-C durability ontop of that.
Cyber Corruption would take care of that as i said above

Info Type 2. Superman will be torn to shreds if he's even struck once, Superman has no resistance to having his Fundamental Information attacked and he'll have to deal with all these abilities (the detriments) rooted in it.
Sonic was able to go through a good chunk of the plot of Sonic Frontiers, while being afflicted with Cyber Corrupted and was exposed to cyber–Energy Several times yet was still able to fight and perform despite this. Superman has dealt with similar detriments before, and The Cyber Corruption seems to take an awfully long time to fully corrupt someone. I don't think this is going to be a good way to reliable end the fight quickly.

Also can't Supes just use phasing to avoid it? It still has to physically enter the body.

Sonic was able to go through a good chunk of the plot of Sonic Frontiers, while being afflicted with Cyber Corrupted and was exposed to cyber–Energy Several times yet was still able to fight and perform despite this. Superman has dealt with similar detriments before, and The Cyber Corruption seems to take an awfully long time to fully corrupt someone. I don't think this is going to be a good way to reliable end the fight quickly.
That was only because 1 he has minor resistance to it and 2 he was exposed to small doses of it at first, by the second island he was starting to feel bad, by the third he could barely stay on his knees, by the fourth he has full corruption levels to have all effects applied, this Sonic already has Cyber Corruption on this level

Nah, it is type 1 and 2 of corruption

Also Sonic has NPI

Also......i wouldn't count on Superman outskilling Sonic here, seeing the profiles.....i would argue Sonic outskills here more than anything
Superman has all the knowledge and experience of his post crisis counterpart, and likely more battle experience.

Sonic with his amps sees being blitzing him as completelt frozen, so in speed equal here Superman will be seen as frozen, he gets faster every second enough to make a blitz difference in short minutes of fighting,
Do you have a source on how quick Sonics AD is? He was able to keep up with Infinite who had previously blitz him but that was only after six months, not a few short minutes.

I know for certain he doesn't resists Chaos Control since that is layered + smurf, so he could still stop him in time
Superman can resist Time Stop.

by the fourth he has full corruption levels to have all effects applied, this Sonic already has Cyber Corruption on this level
What do you mean 'on this level?' Are the effects quicker depending on dosage?

Nah, it is type 1 and 2 of corruption
Superman can use Intangibility to avoid the Cyber Corruption. Amy and Knuckles only got corrupted because they interacted with a Koco. Has Cyber Energy ever Corrupted something Intangible on a molecular level?

Superman has all the knowledge and experience of his post crisis counterpart, and likely more battle experience.
Reading his inteligence section of both post crisis and new 52........i still don't see him outskilling Sonic

Do you have a source on how quick Sonics AD is? He was able to keep up with Infinite who had previously blitz him but that was only after six months, not a few short minutes.
I will add that later, hence why i put in but Sonic does grow every second. So he will eventually get way too fast for Supes if the battle goes on for too long

Outside of, you know, seeinf him as frozen with his speed amps

Chaos Control is layered + it is 6D

What do you mean 'on this level?' Are the effects quicker depending on dosage?
Yeah pretty much, Sonic was affect in yhe end because he had that much inside him

Superman can use Intangibility to avoid the Cyber Corruption. Amy and Knuckles only got corrupted because they interacted with a Koco.
nope, Knucles was just punching things and Tails was just typing in computers, any interation, be it direct or indirect, will make one go corrupted with Cyber Energy

Has Cyber Energy ever Corrupted something Intangible on a molecular level?
Affect Amy, Knuckles and Tails when they were nothing more than digitized/data/info type 2 souls........so yeah

I will add that later, hence why i put in but Sonic does grow every second. So he will eventually get way too fast for Supes if the battle goes on for too long
You can't say that is a valid Wincon until we know how quick it is a how large the amp is. I also doubt this fight is going to go on for 6 months.

Outside of, you know, seeinf him as frozen with his speed amps
You mean the boost? I don't think that will cause a Blitz.

Chaos Control is layered + it is 6D
Have a source for that? I couldn't find anything here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Emeralds_(Game)

nope, Knucles was just punching things and Tails was just typing in computers, any interation, be it direct or indirect, will make one go corrupted with Cyber Energy
They were still tangible and physically interacting with stuff though before being afflicted. Superman literally won't be physically present, and there will be no body for the Cyber Energy to enter.

And assuming the Cyber Energy is able to bypass his Intangibility and resistances I still don't think it will be enough to end the fight quickly, considering how slow it takes the fully effect living things. The End also also spread Cyber Corruption throughout the Ouranos Island, yet that place didn't instantly get fully corrupted.

Also also, Superman could know it is there using his Radar Sensing capabilities, and flyback to avoid it.

Last edited:
You can't say that is a valid Wincon until we know how quick it is a how large the amp is. I also doubt this fight is going to go on for 6 months.
Huh? My dude, if one guy is growing in speed every second and the other one is not........then of course it will eventually lead to a blitz, that is how going faster works

You mean the boost? I don't think that will cause a Blitz.
superior to the Spin Dash which makes people who were blitzing Sonic seem as frozen in place, yes it will

Have a source for that? I couldn't find anything here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Emeralds_(Game)
See Adventure Era Sonic's profile

They were still tangible and physically interacting with stuff though before being afflicted.
Nope, they were intangible and unable to interact with the world

Superman literally won't be physically present, and there will be no body for the Cyber Energy to enter.
He will, Sonic has NPI to interact with him regardless + he is still there, Cyber Energy is info type 2, it is far more incorporeal than Superman, so unless you are saying he is more intangible than fundamental information i suggest yoy drop that + he IS still there, Cyber Energy doesn't need to physically enter someone

And assuming the Cyber Energy is able to bypass his Intangibility and resistances
there is no resistance to Info type 2 corruption on Superman's page

I still don't think it will be enough to end the fight quickly, considering how slow it takes the fully effect living things.
Have you not heard what i said? It only does that if the ammount is low and if you have a limited resistance to it, at this point Sonic already has enough to fully corrupt him, it will not take long at all, specially with Sonic spamming it constantly against him

The End also also spread Cyber Corruption throughout the Ouranos Island, yet that place didn't instantly get fully corrupted.
The place? Yeah, Knuckles, Amy and Tails were, nearly stopped moving due to it, for the Koko, we didn't saw the condition they were in, but Amy said it was bad

Also also, Superman could know it is there using his Radar Sensing capabilities, and flyback to avoid it.
Unless that works on Info type 2 levels of abstraction......no

I vote Sonic here fra

Damn, that's crazy... Sonic hasn't even been upgraded to 2-C yet. wtf. This Superman profile is downplayed, but still... Cyber corruption is busted

Back