• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You think you had it rough Cal? I just found out that Thanos is gonna get upgraded to high 1-B.

Is the Type 4 or 7 Immortality Combat applicable? Sorry, I can't keep track of Composite Link lol

Edit: Nevermind, saw Auto-Ressurection

I did more research on this battle more than any other lol

This is also me assuming Sonic has nothing besides Power Rings and one Emerald.

So Link is around/slightly above baseline? Even if he is baseline, the difference is completely negligible. He definitely seems to have the versatility advantage here, but that's kinda a given. I feel like Sonic's biggest problems here are Resurrection, Info Analysis, Petrification, and Potions. Granted, the potions are limited here.

Sonic has Power Rings to boost his physical prowess, but it's like x2 or x3 at best. Assuming he has a single Emerald would really only help him in teleporting due to Link's resistance to Time Stop. I do feel like he has a mobility advantage as he's really light on his feet, can burrow underground (although he doesn't do this often), and curling into a defensive ball also helps. One of the only things he has that Link doesn't seem to resist is Matter Manipulation, so that could work. Now here's where the problem comes in.

Link won't stay dead, and Sonic is helped along here by Fate Manipulation. No matter what Sonic does, unless Link has a limited amount of rezzes, it won't keep him down. But if Link were to do something like Petrification, something would intervene (whether through Sonic getting lucky or Link messing up because PIS/CIS) and Sonic would continue to fight.

Maybe it could be different if one were obviously abkve the other in something, but they both seem to be skilled and versatile with what they have. Maybe you could give skill to Sonic due to fighting a wider variety of baddies, but that won't really matter if Link just comes back anyways.

I vote... Inconclusive, I guess?

@Cal If anything I said about Link was wrong, feel free to correct me/elaborate.

Actually voting because why not?

Link outlives.

Ironically, that's what most likely this is going to happen. If what Shake has said is right, Link has no way to hit Sonic for the fate hax and win. But at the same, Link resists everything Sonic throws at him, as Matter Manipulation gets hard countered by non-corporeality due to being a ghost.

I don't know. I assumed he was baseline given that he lacks a calc.

I never said he wouldn't get nulled. Him being non-corporeal is due to being a ghost, not an item or ability.

Yup, Mogul while he was 4-B used the Sword of Acorns to drain the powers of an Enerjak avatar so he could become Master Mogul.

Safe to say Link has no way around it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yup, Mogul while he was 4-B used the Sword of Acorns to drain the powers of an Enerjak avatar so he could become Master Mogul.

Safe to say Link has no way around it.
I haven't understood a single word, sorry. I know nothing about Sonic.

So it can null a ghost and stop making him a ghost anymore?

<Nulled 2A Enerjak, who is non-corporal and intangible

<Can it null a ghost?

Can Regenerationn regenerate damage

It isn't. Only reason I debated it is because you voted Link by virtue of outliving even though he completely lacks the stamina for that and you apparently voted him despite not knowing the other character.

I blatantly told you above though.

Okay. And I guess that restricting the sword doesn't work as it doesn't give him a higher tier, right? Unless it's not part of its Standard Equipment but Optional one.

@Triforce Sonic has used the Sword of Acorns on several occasions, but there were arguments as to whether it is or not considering he doesn't use it regularly.

The most fair this could be is if you removed any equipment Sonic has aside from, like, power rings and a Chaos Emerald.

But Executor is writing a blog about Power Rings to buff them. Like, pretty hefty buffs, because they can essentially grant wishes/make great desires come true.

Does he even need it to begin with?

Links stamina is only extremely high, the requirement to outlive would be years.

Eventually Link fighting for at least a week without food water or sleep eventually knocks him out to sleep for an hour, fufilling the victory requirements for Knock Out

So again, how could Link outlive?

Schnee One said:
Does he even need it to begin with?

Links stamina is only extremely high, the requirement to outlive would be years.

Eventually Link fighting for at least a week without food water or sleep eventually knocks him out to sleep for an hour, fufilling the victory requirements for Knock Out

So again, how could Link outlive?
Link has immortality type 1 via Hero's Shade (and if I discover that's not there yet Cal's going to regret for not doing it already), which survived hundreds of years between the events of OoT to TP.

Which stops you from aging.

It has Nothing to do with damage to your body from fighting for weeks on end without food water or sleep

Back