• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ZespeonGalaxy

He/Him
Yay I'm back with another Sonic matchup! This time against Kirby!
Both 2-C
Speed equal
Sonic is in Super
Kirby is in his post star allies key
Starting Distance is 20 meters apart
Both are allowed to have optional equipment

Blue Blur (Or Yellow in this case):
Super_sonic_the_hedgehog_by_mintenndo-d662jtv-1-.png

Pink Friendly Ball:
0020094_kirby-star-allies-prize-item-big-heart-plush.jpg

Kid Named SCP-682 (Incon):

Yeah just only low 2-C. That flew over me when making this.
Rip. Definitely makes it a lot harder for Super Sonic. Albeit, I guess Sonic still has win-cons. Like 2-A BFR. Not that it's something he starts with, but if he realized he couldn't do any lasting damage to Kirby because of the AP gap, he'd likely just send Kirby away.

Rip. Definitely makes it a lot harder for Super Sonic. Albeit, I guess Sonic still has win-cons. Like 2-A BFR. Not that it's something he starts with, but if he realized he couldn't do any lasting damage to Kirby because of the AP gap, he'd likely just send Kirby away.
He still has 2-C scaling to the eggwizard and salamander, the varies ratings covers it, he is baseline tho

He still has 2-C scaling to the eggwizard and salamander, the varies ratings covers it, he is baseline tho
Only Baseline? Weird. Sonic def has an AP advantage, but perhaps being able to directly attack ones Concept and hit them through all points in time simultaneously would negate the difference (Unless Kirby resists those). Doesn't help that Sonic is crazy hard to tag (Enhanced senses, Precog, insane acrobatics, bigger than Kirby, but relatively small, and has easily avoided Danmaku, and has speed amps). Think Sonic could pull a win with a blitz tbh.

Only Baseline? Weird. Sonic def has an AP advantage, but perhaps being able to directly attack ones Concept and hit them through all points in time simultaneously would negate the difference (Unless Kirby resists those).
Sonic doesn't attack concepts, he can just interact with those who embody such things (as in, he's not gonna be erasing Kirby with every strike as if he's a concept Sonic is attacking). As for his Temporal AoE, that only applies to Supers at full power (AKA not Low 2-C Super Sonic).

Sonic doesn't attack concepts, he can just interact with those who embody such things (as in, he's not gonna be erasing Kirby with every strike as if he's a concept Sonic is attacking). As for his Temporal AoE, that only applies to Supers at full power (AKA not Low 2-C Super Sonic).
But by attacking a body that The End created, he was able to directly affect The End which in and of itself is a concept. The form that we fight in the game is verbatim referred to as a mere incarnation of The End (As obviously a concept would have a tangible form). So it seems he can directly affect a concept by striking a body.

Why would something like their causality manipulation be dependent on their strength. I feel the two are dependent on one another.

But by attacking a body that The End created, he was able to directly affect The End which in and of itself is a concept. The form that we fight in the game is verbatim referred to as a mere incarnation of The End (As obviously a concept would have a tangible form). So it seems he can directly affect a concept by striking a body.
But doesn't The End's dialogue imply that, eventually, another avatar/representation will appear? It says that Sonic's fighting is pointless, as it doesn't change anything.
Why would something like their causality manipulation be dependent on their strength. I feel the two are dependent on one another.
Because the ability is only displayed at Sonic's full power, it's why their profiles clarify their Temporal AoE is at their strongest.

But doesn't The End's dialogue imply that, eventually, another avatar/representation will appear? It says that Sonic's fighting is pointless, as it doesn't change anything.

Because the ability is only displayed at Sonic's full power, it's why their profiles clarify their Temporal AoE is at their strongest.

The End implies that because that's what they think. If they were right, they could've just proofed more Avatars into existence to beat Super Sonic and Surge. It wouldn't make sense for them to give up when they had already been waiting to destroy the world for countless years. It's evident that Sonic either incapacitated The End's concept directly, or at least nullified their ability to create a new avatar (which would also require directly affecting The End's true self).

But Super Sonic is never stated to have needed or use full power against Solaris. Though I still find the idea that he needs to be at full power in Super Form to access all his bad to be weird. Like even in Base he can utilize applications of the Chaos Emeralds. So why this had be behind a power wall? I think you like just argue Sonic doesn't use this hax against every opponent, and accessed it against Solaris because of his temporal omnipresence.

The End implies that because that's what they think. If they were right, they could've just proofed more Avatars into existence to beat Super Sonic and Surge. It wouldn't make sense for them to give up when they had already been waiting to destroy the world for countless years. It's evident that Sonic either incapacitated The End's concept directly, or at least nullified their ability to create a new avatar (which would also require directly affecting The End's true self).
Welp, I concede until The End reppears again down the line to establish it just takes a long time to create new ones
I think you like just argue Sonic doesn't use this hax against every opponent, and accessed it against Solaris because of his temporal omnipresence.
Are you implying I'm arguing this? I'm not.

Welp, I concede until The End reppears again down the line to establish it just takes a long time to create new ones

Are you implying I'm arguing this? I'm not.
Take a long time to reform eh? We gonna be getting Sonic GT!

I worded it weird. I was saying I think that is the likely case. It being an ability tied intrinsically to 2-B/2-A levels of power seems weird

Soo does Sonic use his Concept Manip and kill? (Man the second time already where Kirby loses to a Sonic character using concept manip)

Soo does Sonic use his Concept Manip and kill? (Man the second time already where Kirby loses to a Sonic character using concept manip)
I mean I think that's the route it could go. But assuming he doesn't use it, he could win via blitz with boost which he spams in character

Kirby has the definite AP/durability advantage, and has as many if not more amps to his stats than Sonic, so it depends on whether or not Sonic can attack him at all points in time like he did with Solaris.

If no: Kirby wins.

If yes: Sonic wins.

Kirby has the definite AP/durability advantage, and has as many if not more amps to his stats than Sonic, so it depends on whether or not Sonic can attack him at all points in time like he did with Solaris.

Sonic is invulnerable tho, kirby's stat amps wouldn't matter much

When it comes to amps, quality over quantity. Kirby may have more amps, but if they aren't comparable to Sonic's they won't help a whole lot.

Maybe it justs takes time for it to reeincarnate/create a new body?

Im sure that if it noticed that sonic was ******* it up in such a level it would not be so "cocky"

Maybe it justs takes time for it to reeincarnate/create a new body?

Im sure that if it noticed that sonic was ******* it up in such a level it would not be so "cocky"

They were cocky to the very last breath. They told Sonic that even if they destroyed his body that he still wouldn't win since he could always come back. If The End caused Super Sonic to nearly lose, they would certainly reform as quickly as possible if they could.

And no, it doesn't take a long time. Even when weakened from being sealed for eons, The End formed the body we saw in the final fight in SECONDS upon entering space. The only plausible conclusion is that Sonic who planned to put a permanent stop to The End neutralized their ability to reform, or destroyed The End's concept (I feel it's the former since it's not likely Sonic would want to end the concept of death if Sonic and the Black Knight is anything to go by).

Back