• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic vs Goku

king piccolo saga and base sonic

speed equalized

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo would win

Goku = 91 Megatons, Sonic = 51 Megatons. Goku has a little less than a 2x advantage. Sonic seems to be able to absorb Energy, which would be a problem for Goku as it would render Ki Attacks moot. Goku has a solid AP advantage, but seems to have lost his Oozaru transformation so none of that, and Zenkais would likely be useless here.

How does Sonics Healing/Matter Manipulation work? It could very well give Sonic the win here.

Really hope that’s a joke.

The AP advantage Goku has doesn't One Shot Sonic. Sonic has Intangibility (He can run fast enough to pass through objects), and Forcefield Creation (By vibrating the air molecules in front of him, he can create an impenetrable force field), making Sonic less likely to get hit often as much as him hitting Goku.

Goku explicitly doesn’t one shot. Not Picollo Arc Goku, who lacks Oozaru, against Sonic, who has Intangibility and Forcefields to protect him. In fact, their AP’s so close it would take, like, 5 hits to knock Sonic out without any defenses.

Goku explicitly doesn’t one shot. Not Picollo Arc Goku, who lacks Oozaru, against Sonic, who has Intangibility and Forcefields to protect him. In fact, their AP’s so close it would take, like, 5 hits to knock Sonic out without any defenses.
It isn't goku should have been moon level + but even using the downplayed version, he still one shots.

Actually, the Validity of that feat is still being discussed in a staff-only chat. In addition, iirc it wouldn’t make this Goku Moon Level. So either way, Goku very much does not one-shot, he doesn’t even have a 2x AP advantage.

Actually, the Validity of that feat is still being discussed in a staff-only chat. In addition, iirc it wouldn’t make this Goku Moon Level. So either way, Goku very much does not one-shot, he doesn’t even have a 2x AP advantage.
Yes it would , far surpass moon level roshi, blitzes and one-shots instantly end of the battle, city level vs far above moon level+. If u use pl , he only needs a pl difference of 25% to one shot him if not lower.

Moon level one shot gg.

Though the 25% gap is Powerlevel not AP.
I am pretty sure PL isn’t exactly linear like that.

Yes it would , far surpass moon level roshi, blitzes and one-shots instantly end of the battle, city level vs far above moon level+. If u use pl , he only needs a pl difference of 25% to one shot him if not lower.
Elher, I thought you knew Dragon Ball better than this. PLs are not linear. PLs do not scale like a multiplier. A good example of this is that Farmer from DBZ, he had a similar PL to how Goku was at the beginning of DB, yet it should be obvious he can’t perform the same feats. Please don’t try to encourage that sort of scaling.
In addition, please try to use the Profiles as they are right now. Save your problems with the profiles for a CRT, or Content Revision Thread. I’ve seen how you treat Dragon Ball characters, and, honestly, you’re not a very reliable source for their scaling (I.e you suggested Tier 1 Jiren at one point). In addition to that, the Moon-Level DB is currently being discussed at the moment- you can keep an eye on the conversation here, but note that you shouldn’t comment on it, as it’s a Staff Discussion thread, and you are not Staff.

As the profiles go by right now, Goku very much does not One-Shot, and with Speed Equalized- a term many matches use to make a fighters Speed Stats equal to their opponent, often to prevent speedblitzing- no one blitzes.

Goku is not yet Moon Level. The validity of that Feat’s currently being discussed at the moment.
You vote for whoever you think wins.
I agree with 5-C so I would agree with Goku winning.
Who are you to say it is invalid. (The discussion is pretty definite in the yes category anyway.)
You don’t just disprove things because “He isn’t yet.” You would have to disprove the roshi feat to retract the vote.

I am saying your votes are invalid because it uses statistics that aren’t on the profiles, Potato. Come on, now. It’s a widely accepted Vsthread rule that you use statistics that are currently on the profiles. You can’t just say someone is a higher tier than what they are and use that as reasoning for your vote, that’s not how a vsthread works.
Now, when he becomes tier 5, yeah, this is a stomp.

Elher, I thought you knew Dragon Ball better than this. PLs are not linear. PLs do not scale like a multiplier. A good example of this is that Farmer from DBZ, he had a similar PL to how Goku was at the beginning of DB, yet it should be obvious he can’t perform the same feats. Please don’t try to encourage that sort of scaling.
In addition, please try to use the Profiles as they are right now. Save your problems with the profiles for a CRT, or Content Revision Thread. I’ve seen how you treat Dragon Ball characters, and, honestly, you’re not a very reliable source for their scaling (I.e you suggested Tier 1 Jiren at one point). In addition to that, the Moon-Level DB is currently being discussed at the moment- you can keep an eye on the conversation here, but note that you shouldn’t comment on it, as it’s a Staff Discussion thread, and you are not Staff.

As the profiles go by right now, Goku very much does not One-Shot, and with Speed Equalized- a term many matches use to make a fighters Speed Stats equal to their opponent, often to prevent speedblitzing- no one blitzes.
I never said they are, it doesn't matter if they scale linear or not, it's still a power increase and if this is moon level Goku we are using, he one-shots city level sonic if they were relative before. Once more what you can think of me is completely irrelevant. Your example is irrelevant, kid Goku was stronger than a farmer, 5 vs 10, the difference is 2 times of a pl, what I'm aiming for is a 25% difference in pl, this much of increase linear or not is more than enough if we were to use moon level but, I won't use it.

Even using the downplayed scaling he does almost one-shots. Once more I could care less if you think I'm reliable or not, all that matters is if there is evidence or facts for those claims. I had evidence to put Jiren at that level going with evidence, you not agreeing doesn't disprove anything, anybody can disagree that won't change the fact that my evidence is valid.

The 5-C evidence explicitly isn’t in the profile. And a 2x AP difference is not enough to one-shot. Especially when the opponent has things such as nigh-indestructible Forcefields, Energy Absorption, and Intangibility. Read here for more information on One-Shots- you need at least a 7.5x AP difference, simply having double their attack power isn’t enough in Fiction.

Sonic wasn't shown to absorb energy that wasn't Chaos energy so I'm not sure if he could do it to Goku and even if he was I doubt he would want to for fear of becoming Super Sonic.

The 5-C evidence explicitly isn’t in the profile. And a 2x AP difference is not enough to one-shot. Especially when the opponent has things such as nigh-indestructible Forcefields, Energy Absorption, and Intangibility. Read here for more information on One-Shots- you need at least a 7.5x AP difference, simply having double their attack power isn’t enough in Fiction.
Once more, you are the one claiming stuff, so that I get ban. Regardless, I said if we use 5-c , I never said it was used. I never 2 ap especially if you looked at what I actually showed you about the farmer and the kid Goku , the PL difference is twice not the AP. A 25% PL difference is the general rule in db to one-shot, 25% PL isn't 25% more AP , obviously, the difference is vastly massive, for example, kid goku and master roshi when destroying the moon, the difference in pl is around 18 times, but 18 times car level is not moon level, the difference in power is in the millions of ranges. Those shields can be destroyed, and there is no proof he can absorb Goku's energy. He has Saiyans reactive power level, power mimic (he will copy sonic's techniques), and solar flare to kill this sonic and in the king piccolo saga it's stated in his profil that he has flight, can use barriers as well if he wanted to with simple ki. Sonic can only absorb chaos energy (stated in profile) and kid goku can spam and use Zanzōken (after image) , to troll , dodge sonic and kill him.

Last edited:
Sonic wasn't shown to absorb energy that wasn't Chaos energy so I'm not sure if he could do it to Goku and even if he was I doubt he would want to for fear of becoming Super Sonic.

Look at Verse Equalization

Proof? The shields are stated to be impenetrable force fields for the tier.

Forget 5-C Goku. Till the changes come to pass, 5-C Goku is being ignored for this match.
In sonic's profile it doesn't say that:

"Insta-Shield: When performing the Insta-Shield, Sonic vibrating the air molecules in front of him at sonic speed. This creates a brief force field that is dense enough to block Knuckles' punches and wilt metal spikes."

I never said to use him , idk why you keep arguing for that the other Goku.

Once more, you are the one claiming stuff, so that I get ban. Regardless, I said if we use 5-c , I never said it was used. I never 2 ap especially if you looked at what I actually showed you about the farmer and the kid Goku , the PL difference is twice not the AP. A 25% PL difference is the general rule in db to one-shot, 25% PL isn't 25% more AP , obviously, the difference is vastly massive, for example, kid goku and master roshi when destroying the moon, the difference in pl is around 18 times, but 18 times car level is not moon level, the difference in power is in the millions of ranges. Those shields can be destroyed, and there is no proof he can absorb Goku's energy. He has Saiyans reactive power level, power mimic (he will copy sonic's techniques), and solar flare to kill this sonic and in the king piccolo saga it's stated in his profil that he has flight, can use barriers as well if he wanted to with simple ki. Sonic can only absorb chaos energy (stated in profile) and kid goku can spam and use Zanzōken (after image) , to troll , dodge sonic and kill him.
On the wiki we don't use dragon ball mechanics. For Goku to one shot he has to be 7.5 times stronger than Sonic which he is not.

Back