• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog vs Izuku Midoriya (Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount Continuity) vs My Hero Academia) (GRACE)

8% deku vs sonic powered by chaos energy is used, speed is equal

deku: 7

sonic:

inconclusive

Last edited:
Deku FRA.

Deku wouldn't have to worry about the AP gap because he could easily read Sonic's moves, or potentially even bind him with Black Whip. Or perhaps... both. In fact, Deku is known for being capable of reading the movements of opponents far faster than him. He should have no trouble doing the same for Paramount Sonic, with their equalized speed to boot.

Either way, after a few hits, Sonic would be KO'd.

AP gap basically doesn’t exist, 8.12 vs 8.6. Deku is vastly smarter than Sonic and would be able to predict his movements within a couple seconds of fighting. Then it’s just out smarting him, since Sonic isn’t very battle smart, to lay the smack down. Sonic’s stamina isn’t that great so a couple good hits and he’ll be far more injured than Deku, who can take attacks all day and keep going.

Definitely a win for Deku on this one.

Deku wouldn't have to worry about the AP gap because he could easily read Sonic's moves, or potentially even bind him with Black Whip. Or perhaps... both. In fact, Deku is known for being capable of reading the movements of opponents far faster than him. He should have no trouble doing the same for Paramount Sonic, with their equalized speed to boot.
8% Izuku cannot use Blackwhip in combat.

10 to 15% Izuku during the beginning of the Endeavor Agency arc couldn't use Blackwhip in any useful way until later on. 8% Izuku takes place before he even interned at Endeavor's Agency, Joint Training Arc/Heroes Rising. He doesn't even try and use Blackwhip because this is what he can do.

This is what happens if 8% Izuku tries to use Blackwhip. The anime is making it dramatic, but Izuku stated it only last for a second.

Basically worthless. Also Sonic's lightning generates enough heat to turn sand into glass instantly. That'd be difficult for Izuku to deal with, since his skin will be instantly burned by the heat that basically covers Sonic's body. 1700 degrees Celsius, hotter than Endeavor's flames, comparable to Dabi's flames.

Izuku being a better fighter is something I can't give my opinion on, since I haven't seen the Sonic Movie. But Sonic will be hard to physically hit, since he's basically covered in actual electricity and will burn him as well. So he'll have to rely on Air Force unless he wants to take damage by physically hitting him.

Wasn't Sonic quickly catching up to Knuckles in terms of skill in the second movie, who himself is trained in "every lethal form of combat" or something like that? Not saying that it alone matches Deku's skill, but it isn't like a skill gap alone will compensate for Sonic just going... Zap.

Basically worthless. Also Sonic's lightning generates enough heat to turn sand into glass instantly. That'd be difficult for Izuku to deal with, since his skin will be instantly burned by the heat that basically covers Sonic's body. 1700 degrees Celsius, hotter than Endeavor's flames, comparable to Dabi's flames.
Endeavor's flames, as well as Dabi's, are a lot hotter than 1700 degrees Celsius. Deku himself was already capable of resisting Dabi's flames in his base form. Other than some minor, this shouldn't be too much of an issue for Deku. Deku is already known to be willing to harm himself if it means achieving a certain victory, so I doubt he'd hesitate simply because of pain.

Endeavor's flames, as well as Dabi's, are a lot hotter than 1700 degrees Celsius. Deku himself was already capable of resisting Dabi's flames in his base form. Other than some minor, this shouldn't be too much of an issue for Deku. Deku is already known to be willing to harm himself if it means achieving a certain victory, so I doubt he'd hesitate simply because of pain.
Deku took Nitroglycerin based explosions on the daily which can reach 5000 C

Deku took Nitroglycerin based explosions on the daily which can reach 5000 C
Those temperatures usually only last for like, a few milliseconds, but I guess he would have to have some impressive heat resistance to resist those temperatures for only an instant.

Endeavor's flames, as well as Dabi's, are a lot hotter than 1700 degrees Celsius. Deku himself was already capable of resisting Dabi's flames in his base form.
That has nothing to due with Joint Training Arc Izuku, and no Izuku was never directly hit by Dabi's flames. No flame resistance at all, that isn't happening.

Endeavor and Dabi's flames have no feats beyond standard. Dabi's flames are blue so 1700 degrees is right around there. And melting steel/iron is only 1538 degrees.

"Deku took Nitroglycerin based explosions on the daily which can reach 5000 C" And I've already explained on why that doesn't scale to anyone. Since the heat generated by an explosions does not last long enough to cause any real burns. Also the heat of 5000 C is misleading, as that is the heat liberated from the explosive material.

I'd explain it more, but I'm not writing a book here.

Endeavor and Dabi's flames have no feats beyond standard. Dabi's flames are blue so 1700 degrees is right around there. And melting steel/iron is only 1538 degrees.
Dabi has the feat of burning (melting? Forgot the state just no he heavily damaged it heat wise) jeanist’s carbon fiber threads, which go to 3000 C before anything happens. But that was also in the PLW Arc so might not apply here

Sonic doesn’t use the heat of his electricity to attack ever. It’s a side effect of it. So I don’t see how it would matter when his main combat style is just punches, kicks and spin attacks.

Worst case, Deku avoids direct contact and uses his Iron Soles to kick him back.

That has nothing to due with Joint Training Arc Izuku, and no Izuku was never directly hit by Dabi's flames. No flame resistance at all, that isn't happening.
He took a blast from him in the summer camp, but alright.

Granted, only his arm was affected, but the fact that he only suffered minor burns instead of it being charred completely black is a testament to just how heat-resistant Deku truly is. And with 8% Deku being leagues above the durability of Deku during the summer camp, I'd imagine that this much heat would only be a slight nuisance for Deku by the time of Joint Training.

Sonic doesn’t use the heat of his electricity to attack ever. It’s a side effect of it. So I don’t see how it would matter when his main combat style is just punches, kicks and spin attacks.
This too. Otherwise, his electricity would constantly be melting concrete and causing collateral damage half the time. As long as he doesn't start... you know, shooting out lightning bolts, Deku should be fine.

Dabi has the feat of burning (melting? Forgot the state just no he heavily damaged it heat wise) jeanist’s carbon fiber threads, which go to 3000 C before anything happens. But that was also in the PLW Arc so might not apply here
You can't melt Carbon Fiber, they turn to ash The melting point is purely theoretical (No one actually knows their theoretical melting point either), but it's physically impossible to melt carbon fibers in air.

Also he didn't melt them, pretty sure he turned them to ash, I don't see any melting. Carbon Fibers ability to withstand heat is like around 800+ degrees Celsius. Jeanist might be special, but we have no way of knowing what they're truly made of.

He took a blast from him in the summer camp, but alright.

Granted, only his arm was affected, but the fact that he only suffered minor burns instead of it being charred completely black is a testament to just how heat-resistant Deku truly is. And with 8% Deku being leagues above the durability of Deku during the summer camp, I'd imagine that this much heat would only be a slight nuisance for Deku by the time of Joint Training.
He didn't suffer minor burns, the scar on his upper right arm came from Dabi's fire. That wasn't a minor burn.

Sonic's body is constantly covered in that heat/electricity while charged, Sonic doesn't choose to turn the sand into glass that just happens due to how hot his electricity is. Unless I see something else to confirm otherwise.

He didn't suffer minor burns, the scar on his upper right arm came from Dabi's fire. That wasn't a minor burn.
What???

He got a scar on his arm because he literally mangled it from using 100% of One for All... It didn't have anything to do with Dabi's flames. Even if his flames were the reason it scarred over, it doesn't matter. It's just a scar. It's not like his arm was vaporized.

8% Deku is hundreds of times more durable than Base Deku during the Training camp anyways, so even if by some chance, Sonic managed to decide to use his electricity to burn him, it probably wouldn't do much other than be annoying Deku.

Sonic's body is constantly covered in that heat/electricity, Sonic doesn't choose to turn the sand into glass that just happens due to how hot his electricity is. Unless I see something else to confirm otherwise.
Okay then... then it's just out of character for him to use his electricity to vaporize/melt things. Unless Sonic here is bloodlusted (he's not), there's no real way for him to use that offensively.

Sonic's body is constantly covered in that heat/electricity while charged, Sonic doesn't choose to turn the sand into glass that just happens due to how hot his electricity is. Unless I see something else to confirm otherwise.
Except he never uses that heat to attack and it never effects his enemies even when he goes all out. If he produced that kind of heat every time electricity is around him he would be burning everything to a crisp. But he doesn’t. Even when he attacks the robots he doesn’t burn them he crushes them.

His heat generation seems to be limited to that scene of turning sand to glass. And never used anywhere else, and especially as an attack. Not saying it isn’t something he can do, but in a fight it is simply impossible to think he would use it unless a specific situation called for him to do so.

What???

He got a scar on his arm because he literally mangled it from using 100% of One for All... It didn't have anything to do with Dabi's flames. Even if his flames were the reason it scarred over, it doesn't matter. It's just a scar. It's not like his arm was vaporized.
It was both actually, the messed up hand and scars on his arm are from 100% while the giant patch on his shoulder that he covers with a sleeve is from Dabi.

He did however get blasted in the face from Flashfire Dabi while in Full Cowl and survived. But we won’t talk about that I suppose.

His heat generation seems to be limited to that scene of turning sand to glass. And never used anywhere else, and especially as an attack. Not saying it isn’t something he can do, but in a fight it is simply impossible to think he would use it unless a specific situation called for him to do so.
I don't know Sonic so I'll take you're word for it.

@Earthy: Izuku's arm only shows that injury after he gets hit by Dabi's fire. He has multiple scars on his right arm, not including his hand scars which came from Todoroki's battle. The OFA 1 million percent attack made scars across his arm that look like tears.

But Dabi fire burned him exactly on the same spot as where that scar showed up. At the least it's impossible to say it was only minor burns just to fuel your own head canon here. I admit that maybe it didn't come completely from the fire, but that arm took a nasty burning as well.

Though Dabi's fire didn't even burn away the Uraraka's clothing, which was wrapped around his arm so I highly doubt it was all that hot.

He did however get blasted in the face from Flashfire Dabi while in Full Cowl and survived. But we won’t talk about that I suppose.
When? That Blackwhip scene can't be what you mean because he didn't get hit directly, nor did Dabi actually attack him. He only blasted all around him to get rid of the Blackwhip. The flames didn't reach him, but the heat of them reached him and knocked him back.

But Dabi fire burned him exactly on the same spot as where that scar showed up. At the least it's impossible to say it was only minor burns just to fuel your own head canon here. I admit that maybe it didn't come completely from the fire, but that arm took a nasty burning as well.
Well, regardless of whether or not Dabi's fire caused his arm to scar over... it's just that. A scar. His arms didn't melt, nor did they vaporize or even char over, they were just scared because they burned. Full Cowl Deku at 8% should have no problem surviving the heat of that much intensity if a Quirkless Deku could, with minor to mediate damage sustained.

Though Dabi's fire didn't even burn away the Uraraka's clothing, which was wrapped around his arm so I highly doubt it was all that hot.
If it wasn't even hot enough to ignite a piece of clothing, do you really think it'd be capable of scarring, let alone burning some of Deku's skin? It just seems like that's a slight inconsistency or plot hole on Horikoshi's part.

It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Dabi to make sure that his flames aren't even that lethal, to begin with. I'd expect that he was putting some degree of effort into his attacks. Keep in mind, that Shigaraki and the LOV wanted to kidnap Deku as well.

Edit: Above comment.

That Blackwhip scene can't be what you mean because he didn't get hit directly, nor did Dabi actually attack him. He only blasted all around him to get rid of the Blackwhip. The flames didn't reach him, but the heat of them reached him and knocked him back.

I do not see Dabi's blue flashfire completely covering Izuku's body and burning him all over. Todoroki actually gets hit by the fire, you can compare the shots of them being blown away.

What hit Izuku was nowhere close to actually being hot, he doesn't even have a burn. I think... honestly hard to tell when he's already covered in bruises and blood.

Regardless, Izuku isn't heat resistance.

Edit: Above comment.

That Blackwhip scene can't be what you mean because he didn't get hit directly, nor did Dabi actually attack him. He only blasted all around him to get rid of the Blackwhip. The flames didn't reach him, but the heat of them reached him and knocked him back.

I do not see Dabi's blue flashfire completely covering Izuku's body and burning him all over. Todoroki actually gets hit by the fire, you can compare the shots of them being blown away.

What hit Izuku was nowhere close to actually being hot, he doesn't even have a burn. I think... honestly hard to tell when he's already covered in bruises and blood.

Regardless, Izuku isn't heat resistance.
You can see the fire in his panel, the background is engulfed in flames. Todoroki looks wors because he’s closer, but Dabi is specifically targeting Deku in this instance. He wants to get rid of him so he doesn’t interfere in family business. It makes no sense for him to not also try and hit Deku with an attack that extends all around him when Deku is that close.

You can see the fire in his panel, the background is engulfed in flames. Todoroki looks wors because he’s closer, but Dabi is specifically targeting Deku in this instance. He wants to get rid of him so he doesn’t interfere in family business. It makes no sense for him to not also try and hit Deku with an attack that extends all around him when Deku is that close.
He wasn't trying to hit Izuku, who was rather far away. He was trying to get Blackwhip off of him, he wasn't avoid Izuku either.

He just released a blast of fire and what hit Izuku was basically pathetic. Nothing suggesting like you said, him taking Flashfire dead on. Your implication is that Izuku can withstand Dabi's full fire power without burns. Don't act like you weren't suggesting heat resistance, or you wouldn't have brought it up.

Nothing suggest what hit Izuku was anything more than just some hot flames, not melting metal levels of heat.

Man, I just came out of nowhere and ruined/derailed this thread.

Regardless I won't be responding anymore, Kingofwolves basically countered most of my points and I don't know enough about movie Sonic to take part in this debate. My main point was Izuku not being able to use Blackwhip, anything else was unneeded on my end.

He wasn't trying to hit Izuku, who was rather far away. He was trying to get Blackwhip off of him, he wasn't avoid Izuku either.

He just released a blast of fire and what hit Izuku was basically pathetic. Nothing suggesting like you said, him taking Flashfire dead on. Your implication is that Izuku can withstand Dabi's full fire power without burns. Don't act like you weren't suggesting heat resistance, or you wouldn't have brought it up.

Nothing suggest what hit Izuku was anything more than just some hot flames, not melting metal levels of heat.
This exact attack was capable of burning Todoroki. It was beyond melting metal levels of heat.

And I’m not hiding that Deku should have heat resistance, I think he probably does since All Might could leap into a building and get covered in flames but be fine while his clothes are destroyed, but it also has no bearing on this fight.

So rather than have this inevitable CRT argument, we should focus on the matchup.

Back