• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and both are island level

Royal Knights Arc Asta vs Base Sonic

Base Asta AP:
26.5 Gigatons
Black Asta's AP: 53 Gigatons
Sonic's AP: higher then 31.2387602196 gigatons

Asta:
Sonic:
Icon:

Last edited:
Ok, so I don´t know how Sonic attack speed would act in this fight because Asta is the faster character and has his speed equalized to Sonic but Sonic can charge his attack speed to MFTL+ and just blitz

Which should not be legal by rules but is only his attack speed, not his general speed, so I am confused right now

Not counting that, Asta precogs and has more combat experience, if Sonic BFR him (Which I don´t know how he do it) he wins

Waiting more opinions

Edit: I thought it was base sonic

Last edited:
So... this is Super Sonic being used here per the OP? Shit explodes on contact with him, does Asta have anything to stop that at all?

Sonic's Chaos Energy is his bioelectricity in the movies (the novelization solidifies this), so I'm pretty sure he's good on that end. Hell, I don't think the Chaos Emeralds are ever referred to as magic either

Last edited:
Asta is kinda used to Magna's exploding fire ball, I don't see why he can't just take it.

Might be going crazy but what wincons? None of Sonic's stuff is magic so Power Nulling him isn't an option, Death Manip is plant-exclusive, and nothing else alone secures any sort of wincon for him.

Reactive Power Level and Accelerated Development would help, if not for the fact that Asta will just explode when he touches Super Sonic and I don't see anything on Asta's profile stopping that.

I should’ve watched the movie

Is Sonic’s ability like Killer Queen?

Does he turn things to a bomb or do things survive the explosion?

Also Asta typically doesn’t let hits get through against opponents as fast as him due to his Instincts and precog. So if one of his swords blow up, he has back ups.

How high is Asta's heat resistence? Because the temperature to reduce a human into ashes is 1.800 degrees Fahrenheit, which I don't think is enough to resist's Sonic's temperature. Sonic's lightings in base form are hot enough to turn sand into glass, which takes more than 3.000 degree Fahrenheit, and even at that temperatures it takes some time while in this case it was instantenous. Super Sonic's heat is even higher than that, and it's his Chaos Energy that produces this temperature, which means all of his attacks will be at this temperature.
And his Explosion Manipulation is not him making explosion, what he touches or what touches him with enough pressure simply explodes. It's not him creating explosions, the things just explodes like the Death Egg Robot arms.
On top of this, there are also two other factors, which are Sonic's Subjective Manipulation, which makes his thoughts turn into reality, and BFR, which can send Asta into another planet by throwing him into a portal ring. The extensions of his Subjective Reality are unknown at the moment, but I think it's an important factor if the fight goes on for too long.
Considering that in this form Sonic is willing to kill, I don't think he will hold back at all and will do everything needed to end the fight as quickly as possible.
Overall, taking into consideration that the Chaos Emeralds are not Magic based but energy based, I think that Asta's wincons are not as many as Sonic's, so until more informations are given my vote goes to Super Sonic.

@sanicspood It's not letting me reply so I'll just @ you. A move's name does not equate to handling the real ability being applied on you. There's no Resistance to Explosion Manipulation so Asta explodes on contact with him, and you quoting somebody else doesn't change that.

@sanicspood It's not letting me reply so I'll just @ you. A move's name does not equate to handling the real ability being applied on you. There's no Resistance to Explosion Manipulation so Asta explodes on contact with him, and you quoting somebody else doesn't change that.
Alright I'll change it to base sonic

How high is Asta's heat resistence? Because the temperature to reduce a human into ashes is 1.800 degrees Fahrenheit, which I don't think is enough to resist's Sonic's temperature. Sonic's lightings in base form are hot enough to turn sand into glass, which takes more than 3.000 degree Fahrenheit, and even at that temperatures it takes some time while in this case it was instantenous. Super Sonic's heat is even higher than that, and it's his Chaos Energy that produces this temperature, which means all of his attacks will be at this temperature.
And his Explosion Manipulation is not him making explosion, what he touches or what touches him with enough pressure simply explodes. It's not him creating explosions, the things just explodes like the Death Egg Robot arms.
On top of this, there are also two other factors, which are Sonic's Subjective Manipulation, which makes his thoughts turn into reality, and BFR, which can send Asta into another planet by throwing him into a portal ring. The extensions of his Subjective Reality are unknown at the moment, but I think it's an important factor if the fight goes on for too long.
Considering that in this form Sonic is willing to kill, I don't think he will hold back at all and will do everything needed to end the fight as quickly as possible.
Overall, taking into consideration that the Chaos Emeralds are not Magic based but energy based, I think that Asta's wincons are not as many as Sonic's, so until more informations are given my vote goes to Super Sonic.

Under SBA

a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses.

Chaos Energy can be equalized to Mana because they are both energies used to perform supernatural feats.

Anti Magic will work on Chaos Energy.

With that said these are Asta's wincons so far:

Wincon 1 with Black Meteorite or Black Bull Thrust. with either of these abilities, Asta will home in on Sonic at high speeds. As soon as Asta smashes into or thrust through Sonic. Sonic will not be able to use his chaos abilities and the thrust will deal a lethal damage due to Asta's AP advantage and piercing damage. With a homing attack such as this and the speed advantage with Black Mode, Sonic wouldn't be able to evade.

0130-011.png

0130-012.png

0130-013.png

Wincon 2 (actually more than one wincon in this but it all sums up to skill): With the ability to throw off senses with his moves, and react instinctively while also being able to predict Sonic's moves by reading his life force, Asta should pretty much out-skill Sonic. Asta's AP advantage in black form and his accelerated development and reactive power level that helps him find a way around tough situations is also a factor in this as well. Let's not forget about Asta's ability to copy move sets. Asta's speed in Black mode is at least 2x faster than base because he scales to Yuno's Spirit Dive who is also at least 2x faster with spirit dive. A good old fashion beating should take the win.

Asta is able to defend himself with Anti Magic and his heat resistance should scale to Vetto who can tank lightning mid-air. When an object in mid-air is hit with lightning it will receive the full heat of lightning. The extent of Sonic's Subjective reality is unknown so let's try not to make outlandish claims.

So yeah... that is why I vote for Asta.

Under SBA

a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Chaos Energy can be equalized to Mana because they are both energies used to perform supernatural feats.

Anti Magic will work on Chaos Energy.
1. Sonic's energy isn't supernatural, it's an explained bio-energy that Sonic generates.

2. Chaos Energy is not necessary to fight Sonic, so the equalization wouldn't even happen because Asta can fight him without Chaos Energy of his own.

3. Chaos Energy doesn't fit this bill.
as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses.

4. Because of 2 and 3, I don't think Chaos Energy can be equalized to Mana.

How isn’t chaos energy supernatural? and he literally manipulates realit-

they way he generates it is probably unknown

I’m sure it can be used to boost physicals and so on.

Naruto and SDS both weren't equalised. Even jujutsu kaisen energy does supernatural things from what we've seen with gojou doesn't mean we'd equalise energy or should be done

Back