• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just a minor change here. Solaris has History Manipulation listed as an ability. However, this doesn’t link to anything and it’s simply an application of causality manipulation. For clarification, Solaris can alter events in history and the Duke of Soleanna wanted to use this power so Elise could see her mother again and for people to rectify their past mistakes, as stated here.

yeah that's weird, i think some touhou profiles had a similar case.

but the scan you sent had them say they would be able to "control time and move through history", sounds like time travel to me rather than causality manip

but the scan you sent had them say they would be able to "control time and move through history", sounds like time travel to me rather than causality manip
Time travel doesn’t exactly fit in this case since Solaris has temporal omnipresence as a consequence of his state of being. It’s made clear throughout the story that they wanted to use Solaris’s powers for their own purposes.

I mean, they said they would go back in history, not solaris itself, it sounded like they would be using it to time travel rather than use him temporal presence

Yeah the Duke said they could “move through history” due to Solaris’s control over time. I was saying it wouldn’t be Solaris having time travel because well…that would be redundant when he already exists in all points of it.

Yeah the Duke said they could “move through history” due to Solaris’s control over time. I was saying it wouldn’t be Solaris having time travel because well…that would be redundant when he already exists in all points of it.
Ah, i see, does he have other scans for history/causality manip?

I think this could work. Didn't the Duke use Chaos Control to to seal Iblis into Elise? Chaos Emeralds themselves could time travel but Time Traveling itself doesn't fully control history, cause you need to control cause and effect, right?

Back