• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Ok, so, got to go over it, as unpleasant as the changes are (with neat ability additions :3)

Speed Rescaling

Downgrading the Base Speed. While the MH calc is not invalid, what it scales to is.

giphy.gif

Sonic traveled to the North Pole using the Super Peel Out, while every other Base character traveled by vehicles. The Calc was made without the knowledge whether Hyper Metal Sonic used the Revving or not because we never saw. Considering Sonic caught up to Metal shortly after Metal himself arrived at the North Pole using the Super Peel Out, the existing calc doesn't scale to his Base Speed when he is not using SPO.

For the time being, move the MH calc to the Super Peel Out and Revving, and those previously listed with MH, be replaced with Unknown till a calc can be made.

Edit

After some discussion on the thread, instead of Unknown, the replaced rating proposed would be:

"Subsonic (Can perform aerial maneuvers and feats that are unachievable by normal humans, such as bouncing from rock to rock and running across them as they fall. Can move fast enough to have the background of a jungle appear as little more than a blur)"

On a lighter note:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Additional abilities:

Natural Weaponry (Sonic uses his body (Spin Attack) to attack. He’s able to speed up his spin to turn his sharp quills into a buzzsaw)

Attack Potency Amplification (Sonic can increase the speed on his Spin Attack to cut down Metal Robotnik, who tanked Sonic's blunt attack with ease)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Metal Sonic
Additional ability:

Information Analysis (Analysis the North Pole for its weakpoint to melt it so it would cause the World to be destroyed)
giphy.gif

Edit

One more thing to take care of:

giphy.gif

Sonic currently has "Explosion Manipulation" listed and Metal has "Energy Projection" as well because of this feat.

I don't know where Metal's "Energy Projection" comes from other than this feat above. I'd like to replace EP with EM for Metal and have both Sonic and Metal listed as "possibly Explosion Manipulation (May have been the one to cause the explosion that made the giant stalactite fall)"

Last edited:
Everything looks fine except for speed. "At most" rating exists for a reason. I'm not sure how badly OVA Sonic's normal speed would downscale, but something like this could work.

"At least Superhuman (Can perform aerial maneuvers and feats that are unachievable by normal humans, such as bouncing from rock to rock and running across them as they fall. Can move fast enough to have the background of a jungle appear as little more than a blur), at most Massively Hypersonic (It's unknown how far below Sonic's normal speed is compared to his Super Peel Out technique, and it remains generally unclear, but he is indeed slower without it), Higher with the Peel Out. Massively Hypersonic with the Super Peel Out (Feat here)"

The things I'm referring to for his regular speed are right in his gallery section. I'm not 100% sure about it, but that jungle one might be somewhere around Subsonic. Those are some pretty enormous trees he's rushing past there. Also, hot take. Those afterimages that you constantly see Sonic doing are likely enough to warrant Subsonic speed as well, since Subsonic speed is also classified as "Faster than the eye movement" in our system. The ability would still be valid of course, especially since they're doing it to one another.

Everything looks fine except for speed. "At most" rating exists for a reason. I'm not sure how badly OVA Sonic's normal speed would downscale, but something like this could work.

"At least Superhuman (Can perform aerial maneuvers and feats that are unachievable by normal humans, such as bouncing from rock to rock and running across them as they fall. Can move fast enough to have the background of a jungle appear as little more than a blur), at most Massively Hypersonic (It's unknown how far below Sonic's normal speed is compared to his Super Peel Out technique, and it remains generally unclear, but he is indeed slower without it), Higher with the Peel Out. Massively Hypersonic with the Super Peel Out (Feat here)"

The things I'm referring to for his regular speed are right in his gallery section. I'm not 100% sure about it, but that jungle one might be somewhere around Subsonic. Those are some pretty enormous trees he's rushing past there. Also, hot take. Those afterimages that you constantly see Sonic doing are likely enough to warrant Subsonic speed as well, since Subsonic speed is also classified as "Faster than the eye movement" in our system. The ability would still be valid of course, especially since they're doing it to one another.

I agree from that, rather than Unknown, it could be written as

"At least Superhuman, likely Subsonic (Can perform aerial maneuvers and feats that are unachievable by normal humans, such as bouncing from rock to rock and running across them as they fall. Can move fast enough to have the background of a jungle appear as little more than a blur)

I disagree with, at most Massively Hypersonic

Massively Hypersonic's calc is Mach 355, which the Super Peel Out scales to. MH is between Mach 100 -1000. The Revving matched the Super Peel Out but completely blitzed the Peel Out (No 'Super'). The Peel Out is likely to be faster than Sonic's running speed Tails scales to.

The scaling makes it unlikely Sonic's standard running speed is in the MH range by the blitz on the Peel Out, which is why I would disagree with "at most Massively Hypersonic"

If Elixir believes it's enough for a flat rating then just Subsonic is equally as valid, I was just throwing a middle-ground out there

I assumed it is. Sonic traveling at different speeds is normal for him but I think we are primarily interested in his max base speed. Nice to know you were thinking of the middle ground tho, Shake :coffee:

I'll touch up the OP once again

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Just get a staff member or two in here to review it and you're probably good to go since the verse is pretty self-contained and small

like he consistently can move out of sight and blitz robots and shit, he should definitely be just subsonic
I was thinking "At least" in case a calc for a feat came up but sure, I'm told it might be Subsonic too but with numbers. I can adjust it.

Alrighty, with LordGriffin's endorsement and if no one else has issue with the speed rating, I'll go ahead and apply this.

Alrighty. The changes have been made. This thread can be closed now.

Downgrading base speed makes sense, if the merit goes to the SPO.

I'm not sure moving so fast to see the background as blur counts as subsonic, maybe it reaches baseline, idk, but perhaps you can achieve the same result even when traveling at a speed lower than 123 km.

Damage Boost via Speed Amplification suits better than plain stat amp.

Info analysis and Possible Explosions are good.

Edit: Well, I didn't notice the thread was over, rip.

Downgrading base speed makes sense, if the merit goes to the SPO.

I'm not sure moving so fast to see the background as blur counts as subsonic, maybe it reaches baseline, idk, but perhaps you can achieve the same result even when traveling at a speed lower than 123 km.

Damage Boost via Speed Amplification suits better than plain stat amp.

Info analysis and Possible Explosions are good.

Edit: Well, I didn't notice the thread was over, rip.
Its all good. All input is valued.

Subsonic being viewed as just baseline is fine, till a feat can be calculated.

Damage Boost via Speed, hm, is correct but I'm unsure how I would format it on the profile.

Back