• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doctor Doom with prep time vs Hyper Sonic

Low 1-A absorption for Doom is restricted, but he does get all prep that goes up to 2-A (absorption, that 2-A power he used to kill a Watcher, etc.), plus his typical tech, prep, and magic

Hyper Sonic is 2-A

Speed is equal
Marvel Reveals Hellish New Armor for Doctor Doom

"This power...it's like that of a God's. BENEATH ME!" - 0 ()

ddaugpn-fe441784-97c2-404a-96a6-90db03c994b2.png

"The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!" - 0

Incon - 7 (@ShakeResounding, @Eseseso, @ZespeonGalaxy, @omegabronic, @Oliver_de_jesus, @Gilad_Hyperstar. @The_Axiom_of_Virgo)

Last edited:
I know nothing about the non-Sonic fighter. What does he do in character?
Well without prep stuff he has his Doombots start out, but here he already has the 2-A AP/durability that he used to kill a 2-A Watcher so I'm not sure.

He'd also sense that Sonic is a threat from the get-go.

1. Bump

2. Dr. Doom has Tier 1 (6-D) Mind-hax via chain-scaling (Doom > Phoenix Amped Rachel Summers > Xavier = Phoenix), which gives him an advantage over Super Sonic.

3. Dr. Doom has 2-A absorption

4. AP-wise, Doom with preparation black magic is far above Baseline 2-A.

Doom with black magic > Alternate Universe Uatu (whom he killed off-screen without any visible difficulty) = Uatu = Celestial >> Heavily Amped Destroyer Armor Odin (3 Pantheons + Odinsword) >>> Odin = 2-A

Reed Richards also called his power "off the rails", and Richards can measure the power of 2-A people like Galactus and Dark Phoenix, who both scale >= the Celestials above.

His absorption and other 2-A prep/tech scale to the same level (roughly).

5. Doom has time hax of his own IIRC.

Giving this to Doom via absorption and mind-hax, plus AP (although I might change it to Hyper Sonic).

Last edited:
I changed it to Hyper Sonic, so he may have the AP advantage over Doom (though both vastly exceed Baseline 2-A via scaling).

But Doom still has comparable time hax (at the very least) to Hyper Sonic, plus superior mind hax/resistance and absorption.

Sonic's biggest threats here are Power Nullification & Absorption, regular Absorption, getting Soul Swapped, and apparently Tier 1 mindhax Doom can cast with a glance. Couple that with him being able to sense Sonic being a threat, I'm not really sure what Sonic can do to stop any of that by the time he even gets close enough to touch Doom regardless of speed amps.

Seems like a mismatch atm.

Sonic's biggest threats here are Power Nullification & Absorption, regular Absorption, getting Soul Swapped, and apparently Tier 1 mindhax Doom can cast with a glance. Couple that with him being able to sense Sonic being a threat, I'm not really sure what Sonic can do to stop any of that by the time he even gets close enough to touch Doom regardless of speed amps.

Doesn't Sonic have soul stuff?

And Hyper Sonic should have an AP advantage, albeit probably not to a one-shot degree since both are massively above Baseline 2-A.

and apparently Tier 1 mindhax Doom can cast with a glance.
For Tier 1 (as in, 6.2-dimensional) mindhax, it goes like this:

Umar in the Dark Dimension = Low 1-C

Doctor Strange overpowered Umar in a battle of telepathy, albeit it was a massive struggle.

Doctor Strange = Moondragon < Doom

Doctor Doom's mind resistance = mind hax.

Doom also mind-haxxed Phoenix Amped Rachel Summers, who is superior to Xavier, who is comparable but inferior to the Phoenix Force.

Also:

Doctor Doom >> Insanely Amped Purple Man >> Purple Man > Genis Vell >= Moondragon = Doctor Strange > Umar = Low 1-C.

As in, Doom was point blank and laughed off Purple Man's telepathy.

Last edited:
For Tier 1 mindhax, it goes like this:

Umar in the Dark Dimension = Low 1-C

Doctor Strange overpowered Umar in a battle of telepathy, albeit it was a massive struggle.

Doctor Strange = Moondragon < Xavier = Emma Frost

Doctor Doom casually resisted Emma Frost's mind attacks and intimidated her into not trying anymore.
You don't need to going into tier 1 hax layers when the opponent has tier 2 resistances... -_-
My thoughts exactly plus in a Vs match most peeps lose their negative plot armour, so I doubt Dr Doom would randomly lose his power or underestimate Sonic to the point of letting himself get one shot by the hedgehog.

Doom's advantages:

1. Vastly superior AP/durability, as in he is infinitely stronger and tougher than Hyper Sonic via Marvel's busted 2-A scaling.
2. Absorption that scales to 2-A
3. Layered Tier 1 mind-hax, and can body-swap with Super Sonic
4. Leagues more intelligent, more experienced, and arguably more skilled
5. Can damage Sonic's soul with Magic
6. Power Null

Sonic's advantages:
1. Speed Amps
2. Can hit Doom across all of time, which Doom can't really counter.
3. Similarly, is immune to much if not all of Doom's time-hax, and has layered timestop.
4. Invulnerability negates Doom's AP advantage
5. 2-A BFR and Sealing.

Last edited:
None matter when Sonic
Does anyone know of Sonic's other hax?
None of it really matters when Sonic won't lead with it and gets ****** over in multiple ways before getting got.

Also, is Doom's timehax layered? It's Marvel so I'm assuming yes but I wanna be sure

None of it really matters when Sonic won't lead with it and gets ****** over in multiple ways before getting got.
I'm not sure if Doom leads with mindhax, tbf. He is rather arrogant.

He uses absorption and/or mind hax if he deems it necessary, so he'd only pull it out after realizing he is somewhat outclassed in AP.
Also, is Doom's timehax layered? It's Marvel so I'm assuming yes but I wanna be sure
No idea.

Dr. Doom wins via mind-hax and absorption, despite Hyper Sonic's superior AP and speed amps.

I'm not sure if Doom leads with mindhax, tbf. He is rather arrogant.

He uses absorption and/or mind hax if he deems it necessary, so he'd only pull it out after realizing he is somewhat outclassed in AP.
Then he gets hit across every point in time and dies before he manages to do something that incaps Super Sonic.

Then he gets hit across every point in time and dies before he manages to do something that incaps Super Sonic.
Pretty sure Doom has time stuff too, like his magic resisting blasts from Morgan le Faye that IIRC erased Sentry across all time.

Ah yeah, that would do it.
Cuz while Doom is arrogant, he can sense power levels, and if he is fighting someone with a high power level (such as 2-A Hyper Sonic with an AP advantage), he does get serious immediately.

Probably voting Inconclusive, then. Doom has more potent abilities that Super Sonic doesn't resist, while Super Sonic has in-character speed amps up the ass, layered time stuff, and Temporal AoE when he lands a strike.
Sounds about right. Incon FRA

Doom did what Odin could not.

Back