• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic OVA is still missing a couple abilities in his P&A but besides Pseudo Flight, his potential resistances doesn’t apply to anything Zelgius has.

1st off, what is the AP difference?

Ok, I believe Sonic takes this

Skill Wise, i’m aware of the general idea fire emblem characters very skilled. However, I can make a Case of Sonic OVA’s skill.

* Afterimages by Sonic are technique-based ability, not super power. Sonic useAfterimages to trick Metal who has:

** Equal speed to Sonic, even moving faster than Sonic when Sonic

** Analytical prediction on Sonic, as both Sonic and Metal are mentally linked and is stated by Sonic himself they know exactly what the other is going to do. Sonic being able to use Afterimages, a technique-based ability to trick Metal, while Metal is mentally linked to Sonic (this is a resistance I plan to give to Sonic) is a great skill-based feat

Afterimages: Sonic used Afterimages on Metal, who has equal speed to him, as well as, using his Revving to catch up to Sonic, meaning Sonic used Afterimages on someone faster then himself successfully in combat, more than once. Zelgius would have a hard time catch Sonic just with that.

Statistics Amplification: @JustSomeWeirdo Er... before that, looking at their Speed Stats, they are in the same tier for speed. Sonic’s speed amps only work on Zelgius in Speed Equalized if he is faster, as per VSBW rules. Who do you think is faster, as Sonic doesn’t have a Calc?

Well, Astra is a speed amp and Nihil can null it

Also, the analytical prediction really sounds like something exclusive to Metal and Sonic being linked, but idk

Looking to both of them having the same speed rating, Sonic lack a calc so I guess that mean baseline (100 Mach) and Black Knight scale to 233 mach
I guess the speed defrence isn't that big so can't we make the speed unequalized? (Unequalized speed is something very rare in that wiki)

In a side note we really should have a calc for OVA Sonic it is always annoying when characters do not hace calcs for thier speed rating

Aight, I'll unquealize it, but that could make Zelgius up to 2x faster, which isn't a blitz or anything, but still an advantage

someone should really calc that

Sonic’s speed feat can’t be calced properly, apparently.

Sonic and Metal ran from a warmer climate than the North Pole somewhere on the planet, to the North Pole under unspecified time.

A timeframe isn’t told (possibly an hour or 10 minutes) and we don’t know where the starting location, or locations in general, are in relation to each other.

Also, the analytical prediction really sounds like something exclusive to Metal and Sonic being linked, but idk
No, resistance to it. They know everything the other is going to do but are still able to trick each other with afterimages with skill alone.

i heard if u use speed amps then the match cant get added
If a slower character beats a faster character with speed amps in speed Equalized, the match can’t be added. It’s different if the faster character uses speed amps past Speed Equalization.

Then it seems like someone should find an actual speed feat for Sonic and calc that instead, change the current feat to Unknown, and in the meantime I'll re-equalize speed

Astra is canonically a technique, but there's also passive amps that get nulled too

Astra is a technique that people have been shown to teach others how to perform

Nihil kinda just forces the opponent to rely on their own strength rather than hax, including those coming from their own skill for some reason. Of course, it's not like it suddenly makes you less skilled, just unable to perform certain things.....that are based on skill....

Nihil isn't exactly explained, but it's been shown to work

Various stuff, from his haxes

Nihil kinda just forces the opponent to rely on their own strength rather than hax, including those coming from their own skill for some reason. Of course, it's not like it suddenly makes you less skilled, just unable to perform certain things.....that are based on skill....
Huh. Weird but its fiction.

Tho, now I'm looking closer at Black Knight's profile, this might be a stomp.

@JustSomeWeirdo Is the invulnerability passive? Sonic doesn't have anything to get around it?

It's passive, yes (as long as he's wearing his armor), but that's why I chose BK from Radiant Dawn, where his Invulnerability no longer exists

So:

Sonic’s wincons are:

Afterimages (prevent him to be touched in speed equal as long as he is doing the technique)
Higher AP
Flight when I make the CRT

and I guess Black Knight can negate technique based speed amps(weird) so none there

Where are Black Knight’s wincons?

So he needs to only hit Sonic once while Sonic needs to keep up with his Afterimages to not get hit...

Eh, damn. I’m imagining Black Knight winning more now. Him negating speed amps, while Sonic’s technique based Speed Amps require Sonic to keep using it is hurting my favorable image of this match.

And it’s unknown atm who leads in speed in this match up for the speed amp to be an effective blitzer.

Black Knight FRA

It matters in the sense that it would treat Sonic as if he had no durability at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back