• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I get into this, I would like to say that I've been gone from the wiki for a while because of a new router and such. However when I came back I saw that this https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1252759?useskin=oasis thread was closed even though I wasn't necessarily finished. Now let's begin.

Since I now know that a time line is literally another universe Solaris is still 2-C. BUT!!! (There's always a but) the Solaris feat actually makes no sense if you think about it. In Sonic Rush 2 the Egg Wizard was strong enough to destroy two universes. However Sonic and Blaze needed the power of both the chaos emeralds and sol emeralds. To further back this up, Eggman outright says that the power of the stars are stronger than both of the emeralds. If this is the case how can a normal super form defeat an enemy that's stronger than an enemy that were defeated by powered up super forms. Let me give an example. Ssj Goku Vegeta and Gohan work together to beat Beerus. Then later SSj3 Goku and Vegeta beat Perfect Cell. That doesn't make sense now does it? So I think super Sonic should be low 2-C because of the Time Eater, 2-C when powered by the chaos emeralds and sol emeralds at the same time and Solaris should be an outlier.

These are the exact same points that were addressed in the last thread.

The events of Sonic 06 (aka the game Solaris appeared in) were canonically erased from history. Eggman stating the the PotS surpasses the Chaos/Sol Emeralds is irrelevant as he doesn't remember Solaris' power to make any comparisons.

Also, it's established that the Chaos Emeralds = the Sol Emeralds and it's also established Sonic/Blaze respectively control each set of gems. Sonic never absorbed power from the Sol Emeralds and Blaze vice versa.

Saying Eggman forgot about Solaris only changes one thing, and I'm not saying chaos emeralds =/= sol emeralds, I'm saying that with their power combined. And yes they did combine their powers to make a stronger super form because in Sonic Rush 1, Sonic and Blaze used their emeralds separately, and in Sonic Rush 2, they use both of them together. Also Egg Man has known about the chaos emeralds longer than Solaris and the PoTS, so even though he forgot about Solaris, he still said that PoTS > the chaos emeralds.

It's never stated or implied that the power of the Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds can be combined.

Eggman has only ever used the Negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds which caps at 5-A. His perpective regarding the "true" power of the Chaos Emeralds (Positve energy) is moot as he's never used it to begin with.

No.

It's explictly established that Sonic/Blaze control the set of gems originating from their home dimensions respectively.

If the transformation aesthetic is all you have then I truly see no point to this thread.

Also saying that Eggman forgot about Solaris to back this up is not consistent, if there's no way that he ONLY knows about the negative energy of the chaos emeralds especially since Sonic always abuses the power of the chaos emeralds. Eggman said the PoTS is stronger so that should be fact. Another reason why 06 never existing isn't a good argument is because Silver is seen in the present time line even it should be save with Solaris gone. The writers would never think that deep when it comes to power scaling.

Sonic and friends had only manipulated the power of the Chaos Emeralds on a Tier 2 scale twice before at that point (during the events of Sonic 06, which were erased from history and during Sonic Rush in which the Egg Salamander used the power of the Sol Emeralds).

It doesn't matter if the PoTS is more powerful. They still scale to 2-C as they defeated the Egg Wizard in combat.

The events of Sonic 06 were erased from history in the Sonic-verse. Silver's first canonical appearance is in Sonic Rivals.

This leads me to repeat myself yet again. Eggman says that PoTS is more powerful than the chaos emeralds and sol emeralds, so Sonic and Blaze combine the power of both emeralds to fight the Egg Wizard. You can't just stomp someone who is said to be stronger than you.

Please drop this, Eggman and Eggman Nega simply underestimated the emeralds and were defeated as a result.

Yet again, you have no proof that they combined the power of the Chaos/Sol Emeralds other than the transformation aesthetic. It's never stated anywhere that they combined the power of their respective gems.

Perhaps the PoTS is only slightly stronger? Perhaps the Eggmen underesimated the Emeralds' power in their arrogance? Perhaps this statement shouldn't be taken at face value?

Dark649 said:
Please drop this, Eggman and Eggman Nega simply underestimated the emeralds and were defeated as a result.
So now he underestimated the chaos emeralds even though he was confident enough for Sonic, Shadow and Silver to beat Solaris?

The 06 events were erased in Eggman's mind and he thought he would be unbeatable with Nega like he did with his classic self.

I don't think you understand what I meant. Solaris > Egg Wizard and Eggman was confident enough to think the three hedgehogs were enough, meaning he knows about the positive energy about the chaos emeralds. Why would he underestimate the emeralds out of no where it's not like his memories of the emeralds were erased. I also think that sonic 06 shouldn't be part of the main timeline because it was supposed to be a reboot.

Sonic 06 despite being erased the showing of power of the characters is canon, Eggman memories of 06 were erased [Even the emealds ones] alongside everyone else when Sonic and Elise blowed the flame which would have been Solaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back