• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku vs Marvin the Martian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freiza Saga 4-C Goku vs 4-C Marvin.

Goku can go super saiyan (As high as he went in the freiza saga)

Marvin has his gadgets.

Speed Equalized.

Who wins and why?

Goku frieza saga by feeh05051995-d3enyy0
Marvinthemartain

So, the guy with a ton of fighting experience, far superior mobility, better techniques, and has a power advantage faces off against the guy who has little to none of those.

Toonforce really is the most wanked superpower...

Goku easily. Only thing Marvin can count on is his molecular disintegration ray, which gets done in by literally any beam Goku can do

Well, one simple blast from Goku should be able to finish Marvin off, since he is a glass cannon, I think the only way Marvin could win here would be going back in time and blowing up the Earth while Goku wasn't expecting, but I think it's much more likely that Goku would be able to finish him off first, since Marvin's fighting strategy is shooting at the opponent with a gu.

There's also Toon Force, but I'm not sure if this will help much, since Goku can one-shot.

Both characters are geniuses and morons at the same time; but for the opposite reasons; but the important thing is that only one is smarter in where it's relevant.

Goku takes this quite easily because much higher durability and stamina, far surperior combat skills and techniques, is far more unpredictable, Ki sensing could help Goku quite a bit, and every other reason I haven't said but the others above did.

You guys are forgetting what Goku does. Like every DBZ character, he constantly accepts attacks and acts stupid to test their opponent. Even if he knows Marvin is incredibly powerful, he will get excited and decide to fight him by holding back initially and try to test his power.

He will allow himself to be hit which is more than enough for Marvin to win.

Have you not seen his fight with nappa, or jeice and burter? He's dodged all of their attacks. The characters only get hit because the enemy can keep up with them.

I think he meant to had a 4th vote for Goku; me.

And yes, sometimes Goku does perposely take hits to test his opponents strength, but it's also a tactic to learn his opponents fighting style. And considering Goku has Star Level durability; unlike Marvin, he should be able to tank the blast.

Anyway

Goku - 4 or (5?)

Marvin - 3

Theglassman12 said:
Have you not seen his fight with nappa, or jeice and burter? He's dodged all of their attacks. The characters only get hit because the enemy can keep up with them.

In both of those fights, Goku already had reasons to take the fight seriously (i.e. his loved ones were in peril, and he could sense the enemie's power). I see what you're getting at, don't get me wrong, but this isn't exactly the same situation. To Goku, Marvin is just some small, wierd looking alien with a small, wierd looking laser. Since Marvin is only star level with weaponry, not naturally, it's not like Goku's gonna sense his power and immediately be on top guard. That being said, I ca imagine a situation wear Marvin says something along the lines of "I'm going to destroy the earth" prompting Goku to take him seriously. In fact, he might take Marvin seriously just for the fact that he has a laser. (Goku doesn't have the best luck with those things). Thing is, the most likely scenario I can imagine is Marvin takes one look at Goku, realizes he's might get beat up if he doesn't deal with him at that very moment (like anyone would if they looked at Goku), shoots him with the laser which Goku will try to deflect, which he usually does against smaller, weaker beams, and turns into ash. At least, that's how I see it happening.

To be honest, Goku has been downplayed quite a bit in the past, but then they failed to realize some early Dragon Ball characters actually had pretty decent hax; F.E. General Blue, Chiaotzu, Spike the Devil Man.

Goku should take this

The only way marvin is doing anything is by hoping Goku underestimates the power of attack he can't feel with ki sense and has never seen in action before, and that's very unlikely.

Goku for reasons above, in dragon ball Z he is not that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back