• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Buu Saga) vs Captain Marvel/Shazam (Post-Crisis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku SSJ3
Captain Marvel

4-B vs High 4-C, and Shazam has the speed advantage, so not a stomp. Both in character, speed NOT equalized, fight can end in KO, incapacitation or death.

Who wins?

Speed wise Shazam power wise Goku god this reminds me of the Tsuna vs Naruto thread before Tsuna got downgraded

The thing is:

SPC = Solar-System buster

Gohan SSJ2 > SPC

Goku SSJ2 > Gohan SSJ2 > SPC

Goku SSJ3 >> Goku SSJ2 > Gohan SSJ2 > SPC

If Goku manages to land a hit on Shazam, it's game over.

both characters are mftl in speed, so I don't known who is the faster; anyway, is Shazam is really that durable he can tank some punches from Goku, but Goku has the projection energy advantage: if Shazam doesn't dodge one powerful energy attack he would die

Antoniofer said:
both characters are mftl in speed, so I don't known who is the faster; anyway, is Shazam is really that durable he can tank some punches from Goku, but Goku has the projection energy advantage: if Shazam doesn't dodge one powerful energy attack he would die
It's Buu Saga Goku who is just ftl so Shazam has the speed advantage(unless Goku takes a chance with Kaioken) ultimately it's Goku's win

^His magic is able to damage Supa, but don't remember if Goku possesses some resistence to magic...

If speed is Goku's biggest problem in this fight is speed I feel like Goku would instant transmission to catch up to Shazam or plan an attack to end it all in one go like he did Cell.

How powerful is Shazam's lighting from when he transformes?I remember it beeing useful against Superman but is very risky.

If he has no hax that ignores durability, or some sort of mind/soul manipulation, or transmutation, he has no chance of winning. However, even with IT, Goku still wouldn't be able to hit him because Shazam is still trumping Goku's reaction time to fire a kamehameha or a dragon fist or something. The lightning wouldn't likely hurt Goku.

Let's see, Captain Marvel being High 4-C (Large Star level), he was able to keep up with Superman from Post-Crisis, on the other hand Goku being 4-B (Solar System level), he's stronger than Gohan when he fought Cell as a Super Saiyan 2. Goku's more destructive, tougher and strikes harder than Captain Marvel, though not as fast. Kinda reminds me of Godzilla VS Gamera. I wonder if he can use Shunkan Ido to keep up with Captain Marvel to fight close to him (since he's focusing on his opponent and is within his range, it only took him longer to focus if he's out of reach/range or it's too far away to sense) or maybe use something deceptive to slow him down like to blind him with Taiyoken or some other skill?

Goku, he's superior in AP and has the perfect counter to Shazam's speed, Solar Flare, not literally, the move, blinds the surrounder in a blinding aura of light, he has to simply time it to when Shazam is near him about to attack, the solar flare blinds Shazam, and dragon fist to finish him off.

As much as I like Goku, I'm still unconvinced. The speed difference is being underestimated. IT would be nigh-useless. It's like saying Deadpool can catch Natsu offguard with his teleportation, or Kaguya could with Super Sonic. And the Solar Flare wouldn't be hard to escape. I still say stalemate.

EDIT: He doesn't need teleportation to catch Natsu, so switch Natsu with Pikachu.

Eh. No problem. Just wanted to shed a little light. If this is added, Goku would win if he connected with one punch, so I'm not that upset about it.

Meleemaster428 said:
I'm with cal, Instant Transmission is overrated and doesn't completely negate speed advantages.
Even if it doesn't the power and durability advantage lies with Goku, if he [Goku] manages to land a few good hits then it's over

I agree with Cal that this is inconclusive. And it should be obvious at this point that IT is not usable for combat.

Cropfist said:
I agree with Cal thath this is inconclusive. And it should be obvious at this pint that IT is not usable for combat.
Nah, IT is totally usable for combat.

Goku already used IT spam multiple times in combat.

Cropfist said:
Even if he rarely does it.
Blame the fight choreographers lol.

The most recent use of IT spam iirc was when he was fighting Vegeta (in the DBS manga).

He IT spammed and Vegeta couldn't land a single hit on him, then he pulled a Naruto by IT'ing a stump in front of Vegeta.

Why i'm not surprised cropfist is against?I've been following him and that dude just loves when DB chars lose.It's kind of sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back