• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some sword guys fight each other

What's Link AP? I could find Saito's calc but Link seems to not have one. Also Link seems to only have Wall level durability, so anything that Saito does can defeat him.

I think it's baseline idk. .

Though I could change this link to the other small building one to make this more fair?

Seeing Link's DiC hax list reminds me that I should do a CRT sometime for him...

Also he should have Small Building Dura too, idk why it's not. The feat of Ganon sinking the castle should also be calc'd.

Irregardless, DiC Link needs upgrades, so CD-i Link should be used instead.

K so Saito is roughly 0.03 tons.

CD-i Link is roughly 0.07 tons.

So he has the AP advantage, what does Saito have to counter book of Koredai BFR or Link's power glove that can one-shot enemies comparable to him?

Power glove he uses in replacement of bombs which he uses a lot (which is why bombs became a meme in that game, asides from chessy voice acting), and book of koredai is a last resort move.

His range is tens of meters.

Saito can reach tens of meters with his strikes alone. Saito has better ranged options to use as he closes the gap. He can use his various weapons or use his Sword to win.

If they are far away I don't think Saito would get too close and use his ranged weapons that are comparable in AP to him. And when he has gandárlf activated he has a stat amp and people seem slower to him.

Standard loadout and in-character? Saito loses out to Link's myriad of abilities, unless Derf is at full charge and can teleport him away, control his body for them 5k exp, or Saito squares up to spam air gusts. 5.5/10 Link.

Saito has guns? Probably Saito who has the slight edge in speed to disengage and take potshots at Link. 5.5/10 Saito.

EDIT:

Derf effectively neuters majority of Link's arsenal, apparently. Magic, after all. The surprise of someone running through most everything Link can throw may well take him off-guard enough to let Saito shank him with a stab-happy sword. Changing my vote to 6/10 Saito on both scenarios.

Note that I only took a glance at Link's profile and have zero knowledge on him otherwise.

How does Derf work exactly? Like, how does it negate magic? Why does this allow him to beat the AP gap? Saito gets stab happy? Link literally counters as he's shown to fight without magic at the start of the game + power glove. Guns get attack reflected by his shield, and whatever gets attack reflected does double the damage.

Just looked at Saito's profile, Derf requires him to... hit the object, I legit don't know how he hits the power glove before he's hit by it.

Derf absorbs most any magic that comes into contact with it. He hits a fireball, it goes poof. He hits a building-sized golem, it collapses to dirt. He hits a super magic tornado thing that can smash through a castle or something... Derf takes far longer to absorb that much condensed magic.

AP advantage just slightly above 2x is not so large that it's insurmountable.

Breaking Derf just has him transfer conscious to a different weapon with his magic absorb still intact.

So it absorbs upon contact, which wasn't even the wincons given for Link, book of koredai is a book that Link throws at Saito unless books in his verse seal/BFR him don't think derf would immedieatly come to mind, also power glove is still a one-shot then.

It also means he's not just gonna be able to stab gg Link.

I never argued he'd break derf I said it requires contact with it, Link wouldn't even think to hit the sword.

Derf is a talking sword that saito has on him 24/7 it always comes to mind. I thought the BFR was a last resort move.

27/7

How does it being a talking sword change anything, I literally never said Derf wouldn't come to mind in the context that he doesn't use it, I'm saying that since it requires contact Link is perfectly fine since Power Glove is not only a contact based move but Link can literally throw the book without him noticing. How does it being a last resort mitiagate my argument whatsoever?

Last resort move means he'll use it last when nothing else works. That means he won't use it off the bat. And still saito has the range advantage. Links power glove won't stretch over 4 kilometers. Though if saito decides to get closer, like a lot closer than sure. Is the power glove an Aoe kind of move or whatever because saito can still dodge, especially with derf telling him to watch out or taking the hit for him so saito can finish it with an different weapon.

Quote anywhere I said he'd use it right off the bat. In what aspect, any gun or weapon he tries to use that's ranged gets attack reflected meaning he has to fight close quarters in which Link can power glove spam and you're acting like Link can't just close the gap himself. Why would derf warn him about that? Nothing on the page states that derf would know about an alternate universe item he's never seen before.

Warn saito as in telling him to dodge attacks that he can't see so he can dodge or block to attack so saito wouldn't get hurt. Derf can even teleport or possess saito if needed. Well yeah link can close the gap himself my bad. Is the reflection passive?

Link is in CQC by that point if he's using power glove. Telling someone to dodge isn't going to immedieatly make them dodge. If he tries and block the power glove he's literally getting one-shotted, if he dodges in the midst of dodging Link uses one of his other items, especially if his dodging is airbone based. How far can it teleport, what gain does it get via possessing Saito? As long as he has rupees, from which what I see in vs threads we assume they have the max number of whatever they need, yes.

Back