• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some revisions for Goku (Not for power, but format)

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, Goku's teen incarnation (The one when he fought Piccolo Jr) is paired with his Dragon Ball Z profile due to him being an adult at that time, while that makes some sense, there are some problems with that. I personally think that Teen Goku's statistics should be part of Kid Goku's Profile

1. 1. Teen Goku was in Dragon Ball Part 1: While the Z thing was not in Japan, there is a notable canon timeskip between when Goku fought Piccolo and when the Saiya-Jin Saga. In fact, the time when Goku fought Piccolo took place on May 7, 756 which is only about 3 years after the King Piccolo Saga. While Dragon Ball starts on October 12, 761 which is over 5 years after the 23rd Budokai.
  1. 2. It would be cleaner for Z Goku's profile: Goku's main profile is pretty large, and the desparity between BoZ Goku and EoDB Goku is massive, to move it into Kid Goku's profile would clear up space, and it would cause less questions on "Why is beginning of Z Goku only 6-C/Why is adult Goku 6-C" minimal.
  1. 3. Adult Goku is different from Teen Goku: There is actually some large differences between Adult and Teen Goku, that are noticable even between chapter 194 to 195 (DB to DBZ).
Here is adult goku

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...4%29+%28Digital%29+%28Lovag-Empire%29+069.jpg

and here is Teen Goku

Dragon_ball_teen_goku_by_tekilazo-d30uatd.jpg

While they look similar, due to only being a week apart in drawing style. Adult Goku still looks quite a bit different than Teen Goku, and later Goku would look drastically different right by the time he reaches Earth to fight Vegeta

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...4%29+%28Digital%29+%28Lovag-Empire%29+182.jpg

So I think Kid Goku's profile should include his teen incarnation, with the 6-C and massively hypersonic stats. His profile for Kid Goku could be renamed to Son Goku (Part 1), and Goku's main profile will be Son Goku (Z/Super)

I agree it would be cleaner / clearer, that way.

I as well think this is a good idea.

I for one strongly agree to this. Main reason being that i find that having EoS Part 1 Goku be part of his DBZ/Super profile seems.....odd and kind of wierd and out of place for me everytime i go to his page.

Okay, since everybody seem to think that this is a good idea, who wants to move the statistics?

Okay. I will temporarily unlock the profile.

Changes are done.

I also removed the Oozaru render from Goku's page, given that he doesn't ever turn into one during DBZ or Super, so.

Okay. Thanks. I will lock the profiles now.

Here is an image of teen Goku, but it is not rendered:

Dragon_ball_teen_goku_by_tekilazo-d30uatd.jpg

You mean to "Son Goku (Young)" and "Son Goku (Adult)"?

That may work or like FanofRPGs suggested Son Goku (Dragon Ball Part 1) and Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z/Super).

Young / Adult seems better to me. Less wordy.

Okay. I will rename the pages then.

Son Goku (Adult) sounds...classless, for lack of a better word. Given that it is by far the most widely accepted (and canon) version of the character, I think it would be better if

• Son Goku (Adult) => Son Goku
  • Son Goku (Young) => Son Goku (Teen)
Now, I agree that his young profile also includes his young adult years, but "Teen" is far more expressive IMO, compared to "Young".

I'll rename the profiles for now, but I'm open to alternative page title suggestions.

I was wondering, could you put the fact that it was Z Goku that lost to Sentry to avoid confusion?

FanofRPGs said:
I was wondering, could you put the fact that it was Z Goku that lost to Sentry to avoid confusion?
Off-topic. Please make such posts on the character's talk page, or on one of the member's message walls, and wait for the edit to be made, instead of posting the same on other threads.

Also, after going through all Drago Ball story arcs (admittedly, a wiki is not the most reliable of sources), I do believe a key clean-up is required for all Dragon Ball profiles, as tiresome as it will be.

You know, there's something about those names the fans gave Goku. Like from Dragon Ball as "Kid Goku", even though he's 12 to 15 years old in that time, and naming an 18 year old Saiyan "Teen Goku" in the end of Dragon Ball when appearing in the Piccolo Junior Saga. Is that like a controversy for such titles or am I missing something? Like naming Gohan during the Cell Games "Teen Gohan", even though he's chronologically 11 in the Cell Saga. I'll let the "Adult Goku" slide because he is shown from age 24 to above 40 years from the start to the end of Z.

The profiles will have to be adjusted in accordance to dragon ball super. Goku in his Super Saiyan form is as strong as super saiyan god, so Current SSJ goku being 4C is technically wrong. We need separate keys for Goku. This applies to SSJ only, since we don't know how strong his base is, and SSJ2 and SSJ3 don't exist anymore

Personally, I feel that the profile names should be along the lines of one of these or perhaps a variation of one of them:

• Son Goku (Part 1) and Son Goku (Parts 2 and 3)
  • Son Goku (Dragon Ball) and Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z / Super)
  • Son Goku (Kid / Teenager) and Son Goku (Adult)
  • Son Goku (Young) and Son Goku (Adult)
I also think that the pic for Teen / Piccolo Jr. saga Goku is a bit large and that it should be shrunk down a bit.

Thoughts?

Back