• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some OPM Speed Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Before I start this thread, I want to mention that this isn't a platform to upgrade Released Boros. Please do that somewhere I'm not involved, thank you.

In-Training Saitama​

While I do get the logic in scaling the A-Class heroes to Saitama, I just don't think we have enough evidence.

Firstly, while he did struggle against 2 Tiger levels in that time period (those being Octopus Claw Man and Personification of a Light Pull Cord), we've already dropped speed scaling based simply on Disaster levels.

Secondly, there have been numerous instances where Tiger levels have overwhelmed A-Class heroes. For example, Marshall Gorilla was outclassing Heavy Kong, Spring Mustachio barely kept up with Kombu Infinity (who also evaded a fatal hit from Tomboy at close range) and Electric Catfish Man/Maiko Plasma were overwhelming Lightning Genji. Saying all Tiger levels are inferior to A-Class heroes is kind of like saying all S-Class heroes are superior to all Demon level threats.

What should they scale to?

Before Garou used Bang's technique, some of the A/B-Class heroes were consistently able to keep up with, tag and surprise a weakened Garou with their speed, who was dodging Gun Gun's bullets.

At the very least Stinger and Chain'n'toad could downscale to Subsonic. Lightning Genji (who scales to Electric Catfish Man and Maiko Plasma) should scale since Stinger needed him to make a quick getaway from Grizzly Nyah, which is substantiated by the fact that his hero abilities and fighting style are predominantly based around speed. It's also worth noting that Stinger and Genji's plan against Nyah's child was to have Genji slow it down until Stinger could make the final blow.

I know this only covers a small percentage of the characters, so hopefully we can find some other feats and scaling.

As for Zombieman, I actually have a Subsonic feat for Pureblood, whom he was able to clash with but was overall much slower than. It hasn't been accepted yet, but I hope this thread will advertise it enough for that to happen. Either that, or we can just put PB at Supersonic for scaling to a Desert Eagle.

Mosquito Girl (Revised)​

Kachon recalculated Mosquito Girl's feat of blitzing Genos to High Hypersonic. Anyone who scaled to it in the past simply needs the + removed from their current rating.

According to Damage, the 1/75th of a second perception timeframe is now used as the standard due to this blog.

Melzalgald (Revised)​

Therefir recalculated Melzalgald's feat to High Hypersonic.

This would scale to Iaian for avoiding/reacting to his attacks, Pri-Pri Prisoner for reacting to/blocking Melzalgald, Armoured Boros and his lovers Top Combatants. It's also consistent with Metal Bat's downgrade to at least High Hypersonic.

It hasn't been accepted yet, either.

Last edited:
I don't get what you mean. It's just the timeframe of the anime version.

Or are you saying the anime clip is edited?

Edit: Yep, it's edited. The frame-by-frame wouldn't load until now.

Last edited:
I don't get what you mean. It's just the timeframe of the anime version.

Or are you saying the anime clip is edited?
The YouTube clip that is linked to find the timeframe of the feat by counting from frame 04524 to frame 04525 is edited. It's not the original clip

I just edited my comment. Unfortunately, watch frame-by-frame wouldn't load for me until a minute ago.

Both calcs are based on that timeframe, meaning neither are valid. So I'll see if I can get an unedited clip.

Guys what episode is this? You see, i am in india rn so Muse India and Muse Asia are available for me on youtube which legally have both seasons of OPM uploaded. I could figure it out for yall

Episode 10. It should be around the 16 to 19 minute mark, but I'm not sure if the version I'm watching is edited.

I don't see what is the problem with using 1/220th of a second for Mosquito Girl's calc. It should be obvious that Genos' perception far surpasses any real life human.

The YouTube clip that is linked to find the timeframe of the feat by counting from frame 04524 to frame 04525 is edited. It's not the original clip
On second thought, I don't think we should use Therefir's size. You can see rebar sticking out the buildings.
502 bad gateway

aka

page is an error
Try this.
I don't see what is the problem with using 1/220th of a second for Mosquito Girl's calc. It should be obvious that Genos' perspection far surpasses any real life human.
We seem to be very particular about this, even for superhumans. Idk why exactly.

from the moment the hammer was still and started moving to the moment the hole appeared is 21 frames

from the moment the hammer approaches the camera and it goes dark to the part where the hole appears it is 3 frames
vid is 25fps

anything else?

additionally, after taking another look, using 60 fps it takes 6 frames between it going dark and the hole appearing.

the hole itself has no movement involved so it appears within one frame right after the darkness

I agree with everything besides the Melzalgald thing. With what Damage pointed out, it'll have to be recalced again.

I don't even think it's worth it. The new size is probably bunk, and the timeframe is 3-5x lower.

Melz might just have to be Unknown or scale to Iaian's future rating, for now.

Yeap, I agree with everything minus Melzalgald

Garou dodging those bullets deserve a calc, maybe we can use the anime for those ?

I was thinking of that, but I genuinely have no idea what that gun model is.

Thanks for the info, my fellow wanker 🗿

We could use the bullet speed for the calc and scale those A Classes to this, I think

And maybe the other A Classes, the ones not present in the fight, could receive a possibly ? Like "Should be comparable to other A Class heroes", because I have no other ideas besides maybe "Superhuman" or just "Unknown"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these also hollow-point bullets?
And maybe the other A Classes, the ones not present in the fight, could receive a possibly ? Like "Should be comparable to other A Class heroes"
I think it should be context dependent.

Like "Should be comparable to other A Class heroes", because I have no other ideas besides maybe "Superhuman" or just "Unknown"
Death Gatling — A-Class, rank 8 — handpicked his crew because he respected them and viewed them as "elite". Furthermore, each and everyone of them are stated as being either incredibly powerful, incredibly skilled, or incredibly formidable; in other words, they were all a cut above the rest.

I recalculated Melzalgald feat at Supersonic+ using 3 frames, but does someone here have a video of the scene so I can double-check?
I don't even think it's worth it. The new size is probably bunk, and the timeframe is 3-5x lower.
I changed the scaling now using the size of the windows.

Mosquito Girl​

Kachon recalculated Mosquito Girl's feat of blitzing Genos to High Hypersonic. Anyone who scaled to it in the past simply needs the + removed from their current rating.

According to Damage, the 1/75th of a second perception timeframe is now used as the standard due to this blog.
The calc got downgraded even further to Supersonic+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back