• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some new ability for Doctor Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
From Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural #3-5

In this storyline, Doom is able to establish "pure actuality" with his technology, using it to prevent Nightmare from reality warping Latveria after he's warped the rest of the Earth as he pleases. Said actuality is able to null Nightmare into a single, physical being, which he then absorbs, gaining all his powers. He has a personal actuality shield that maintains this effect around himself. This is 2-A~Low 1-C Power Nullification, and given that absorbing this physical Nightmare gave Doom his powers, I feel like this remains a huge feat for what he's able to absorb. (It's also been on his profile for years.) With this said, the actuality shield itself should not be considered standard equipment - it's not built into his armor - but the absorption is with his regular armor as far as I can tell. (Scans: 1 2 3 4 5)

He also dispels Daniel Drumm and sends him to the Land of the Dead, which is a much less notable feat but which still happens, so that's fun. It's anti-ghost stuff. I dunno what that'd be, it's pretty situational. (Scans: 1 2)

I'll make some thread to upgrade his preparation stats later (he obviously needs to be 2-A~Low 1-C with prep, but I wanna be able to make a full argument for that), on top of other stuff regarding his magic and technology. I'd want some time to do more research, but this is a pretty simple thing that I put together at the start of the forum move so I'm just gonna get it out of the way now, given that it's so simple. Other upgrades would need more time and would probably be more trouble.

Also Dark Samus still has her bullshit victory over him listed. It should be removed, given that he's been walking around with 2-A~Low 1-C Absorption for years.

(A CRT is already going on)

This seems fine, the ghost nulling can be considered as limited BFR.

For what? Doom? Or Marvel?

Whatever then.

Gonna bump this. It's a very small thing guys.

This seems fine, although Nightmare has an extremely inconsistent power level from story to story, much like Dormammu.

I don't think it's power null, based on this
Said actuality is able to null Nightmare into a single, physical being
Nightmare doesn't use his powers to not be real/made of true matter/part of actuality.

So, I think Nightmare used his powers to make the universe from normal to weird and Doom's actuality shield makes things from weird to normal, Nightmare being "weird" too. The shield should use Reality Warping that could briefly overpower Nightmare's in that country, it may have also made Nightmare weaker than normal if he depends on being "weird" for being powerful, does the story imply this or that he was weaker?

It's definitely some Power Nullification, just very situational. It can be some super ******* vague Reality Warping too I guess.

"Briefly" isn't accurate. It may have made Nightmare weaker but Doom still got his powers from him.

In the 3° image Doom says that the shield will hold Nightmare back "long enough" for him to prep something and in the 5° one it's said that the shield will momentarily make Nightmare real. Saying briefly seems accurate to me.

Well, the thing the shield does is to make things into actuality, not to make powers go off, nothing implied that. I know most of the time shields against odd powers use resistances against them, but in this case Doom used basically an opposite power to counter and overpower the situation, and that's why Latveria was safe from it.

I dunno how I feel about that being Reality Warping (the most vague power ever, literally just exists so people don't have to figure out what any given ability is).

I'd say some Power Null and weird broken Matter Manipulation. The Power Null is necessary, he removed Nightmare's abstract nature and could also shut out his powers, it's just a highly specific form of it.

I dunno how I feel about that being Reality Warping (the most vague power ever, literally just exists so people don't have to figure out what any given ability is).
I'd say some Power Null and weird broken Matter Manipulation. The Power Null is necessary, he removed Nightmare's abstract nature and could also shut out his powers, it's just a highly specific form of it.
I take it as Reality Manipulation, Nightmare put reality in a state of flux, Doom made that not happen with something called an actuality shield. Latveria had true matter but that doesn't necessary mean the shield had matter manip; what was what was shown in the 1° image? An illusion or a real change in reality? The former doesn't mean the shield has resistance to Mind Manip and the latter doesn't prove the shield uses Matter Manip as those changes could have been brought via Causality Manip. We don't know.

The same actuality shield makes Nightmare real, and that proves the mechanics of the shield. It doesn't make things go off, it turns them into something, that being actuality/real, it may as well be called reality shield. If I turn Eternity into an inanimate object then I'm technically removing his abstract nature and his powers, but I'm using no Power Null, just Transmutation. Here it's just the same.

Last edited:
Some weird Reality Warping.

Will go ahead and add this to his page later if no one's got any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back