• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Monogatari hax upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ararararagi-sa should have Absorbtion due to Energy Drain. This should probably be able to ignore durability (and in this case, it should be specified in Shinobu's profile too).

I also believe we should give him Kokorowatari, since he used it in multiple occasions and he actually obtained it after defeating Seishirou.

Last, iirc Kiss-Shot said that she can create more copies of Kokorowatari, so this should probably be added as well (unless it's already included in Matter Manipulation, but I believe we should still mention it in the equipment section).

1) I added absorption in Koyomi's profile though I don't think it ignores durability.

2) This profile only covers the Kizumonogatari version of Koyomi so no kokorowatari for him.

3)Kokorowatari is part of Shinobu's matter manipulation, I will expand upon her powers in the future since my computer is kinda messed up currently.

She can search for forgotten memories by forcing her hand into her brain, does this qualify for mind manipulation?

Are we ever going to implement profiles containing feats from the whole of monogatari?

That and extending the current pages to feats outside of kizumonogatari.

I'm planning on rewatching the whole series some time this year if the problem is getting someone to collect feats.

I would prefer if someone who has read the light novel makes the profiles since Shaft is infamous for adding their own stuff in the anime (Like Large Bulding level Karen etc). This is one of the reasons why I did not make any other monogatari profiles myself.

I think it'd at least be a good starting point. Was large building level Karen dismissed by the creator of the series?

Karen is just a normal human. Anime version of monogatari takes too many creative liberties and here in this wiki there is a rule stating that if there are too many differences between the source material and the adaptation then the feats from the source material will only be considered. I only made profiles for the kizu version of Koyomi and Shinobu because I had the LN of kizu at the time and also because of the fact that the Kizu movie scripts are written by the author himself.

I'm not quite done with monogatari yet (still watching through koyomimonogatari), but in lots of media otherwise normal humans can end up with some superhuman feats. Does Karen never show superhuman feats like that in the LN? She's very athletic in the show.

Also, I'm sure that rule exists but could you link to it? I'd like to figure out whether something like this would be too significant or not.

I'm not planning on ever reading the LN, and since no-one else has created the pages yet, it seems like no-one else on the wiki has the desire to right now. I'd rather see if there's some way within the rules to still get those other pages created based on the anime, rather than waiting for someone to start going through the LN.

Here.

• As stated in the Cano page: When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon. If the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons, any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should different results be reached by judging the feat through multiple canons, the result of the primary canon will have priority.

Basically Karen is like a 9-C character in the LN but she has displayed a 9-A or 8-C feat in the anime.

I thought you hadn't read the LN? You're sure she isn't large building in there?

Anyway, that ruling points more towards what I was planning on doing, gathering feats from the anime and waiting for them to be contradicted by the LN, and reverting then.

EDIT: Seems like there were changes to the Canon page's rulings on how anime adaptations are handled. Previously they seem like they weren't accepted, but now are accepted for any feat that doesn't contradict the original (even if some feats contradict, ones that aren't are still counted).

I have read the kizu LN and some others. Also I am not an admin or anything you are free to make profiles lol no need to ask me. Btw if you want help there are some respect threads on reddit.

I mean, you're more familiar with this topic, I figured I'd ask you why first. Also, I haven't actually made a profile before.

EDITING TO NOT BUMP: The anime (and potentially the LN? This line reads like it was included there as well) seems to think that parts of the anime that aren't shown in the LN are still cano. In this case, it's mentioning character development of ononoki that's apparently lacking in the LN. But is such a fourth-wall breaking statement worthwhile when deciding what materials to consider?

It's technically unrelated to the main topic, but I'll ask here to avoid opening another thread.

I think we should clarify that Shinobu's high durability is only due to her Regenerationn, since leaving her with Small Country level Durability could cause some misunderstandings. For example, a 7-A character with the ability to negate regenaration would be able to harm her (since Koyomi could do it easily despite being a 8-B), but her current durability seems to suggest otherwise. I think "Unknown, at most Small City level physically, at least Small Country level with Regenerationn" would be more appropriate.

Also, since her profile is only for the Kizumonogatari version, I think that changing her name to Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Hert-under-Blade would be better, but I understand that typing "Shinobu Oshino" is much easier, so it's probably fine to keep it like this.

@Kami95 No, she can apply 6-B level force then it is quite obvious that she can withstand that level of power. Most Regenerationn users in fiction have weird durabilities (like Ba) and even ignoring all of that Kissshot has stated that she had full control over her body and since she wanted to die by Koyomi's hands she held back a lot in that fight which would imply that she lowered her durability considerably.

Shinobu seemed to be a much more popular name than Kissshot therefore I used that, anyway "Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade" is given in her name section.

didn't she casually cause mass devastation to Antartica? I don't know exactly how the feat went down, but applying near-total fatalities should easily be Country~Country+ in AP.

CinCameron20 said:
didn't she casually cause mass devastation to Antartica? I don't know exactly how the feat went down, but applying near-total fatalities should easily be Country~Country+ in AP.

Casually bit of an understatement- it wasn't an attack at all. She merely jumped and the recoil caused the landmass to crack.(Also she landed in a large pond so hard that all the water was thrown into the air and didn't come down until much later.) Unknown is the tier that's suited for her as she has never shown a serious feat even once and every fight has been orchestrated by her in a way where her opponent is forced to win.+ some seems hard to quantify in the first place. Don't think a calc is real necessary since her tier profile wouldn't be changed by it at all.

Okay. Should we close this thead then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back