• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Minor Things For RWBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So first, the high-end for this calc was accepted, meaning that not only does it give more support for 7-C Maidens, but it bumps Oz and Salem to Town level+.

Second, Salem should have Supernatural Willpower, since she is capable of fighting even when dealt lethal blows. She was able to capture Yang even as her chest was blown up, as well as Hazel even though her head was crushed, and in both instances she showed no reaction or pain to it. I also believe this counts for Immortality Type 2 since she is able to act even though she has lethal wounds.

Finally, she should have Resistance to Cold, since every character with Aura has that resistance because it protects them from said cold, with the justification on their profile being “traverse the kingdom of Atlas, which resides in Remnant's North Pole, without wearing any protective gear”.

Yet with Salem, not only does she not have Aura, but her outfit has her showing her bare shoulders. So you’d think she’d be affected by the cold. But in the final scene where she and Cinder fly away from Atlas, as well as during her fight with Hazel where she was outside Monstra on Atlas she showed no indication of being affected.

I'm kinda iffy on the Supernatural Willpower and Immortality parts since she probably just doesn't care about taking damage at all due to not being able die no matter what they do to her, but everything else seems fine to me.

Supernatural Willpower is granted by showing willpower beyond human limits. Having parts of your blown off and not even showing any signs of pain is something no human can do. Not unless they felt less pain than normal due to some condition.

Her having no reaction because she is immortality is quite literally Supernatural Willpower. Unless you're saying she feels less pain than normal?

The above all seems fine to me.

I mean it all seems fine to myself personally and yeah if she felt less pain than normally then that'd be some kind of resistance to pain manip

I'm kinda iffy on the Supernatural Willpower and Immortality parts since she probably just doesn't care about taking damage at all due to not being able die no matter what they do to her, but everything else seems fine to me.
Like Rusty said, the fact that she shows no reaction to getting her chest or head blown off should mean she has Supernatural Willpower, since being unable to die doesn't mean you don't feel pain.

Okay. So first, the high-end for this calc was accepted, meaning that not only does it give more support for 7-C Maidens, but it bumps Oz and Salem to Town level+.
I will leave that part to someone else
Second, Salem should have Supernatural Willpower, since she is capable of fighting even when dealt lethal blows. She was able to capture Yang even as her chest was blown up, as well as Hazel even though her head was crushed, and in both instances she showed no reaction or pain to it. I also believe this counts for Immortality Type 2 since she is able to act even though she has lethal wounds.
That doesn't seem like supernatural willpower, moreso pain tolerance. And ye, Immortality type 2 could apply for it
Finally, she should have Resistance to Cold, since every character with Aura has that resistance because it protects them from said cold, with the justification on their profile being “traverse the kingdom of Atlas, which resides in Remnant's North Pole, without wearing any protective gear”.
Yet with Salem, not only does she not have Aura, but her outfit has her showing her bare shoulders. So you’d think she’d be affected by the cold. But in the final scene where she and Cinder fly away from Atlas, as well as during her fight with Hazel where she was outside Monstra on Atlas she showed no indication of being affected.
Any scans of this?

Also what about her elasticity from the episode witch where he captured emerald by stretching her arms
In the video with yang blasting off her chest before that we see her stretching her arms to grab emerald (green haired woman)

That doesn't seem like supernatural willpower, moreso pain tolerance. And ye, Immortality type 2 could apply for it

The page of Supernatural Willpower has both "resisting enormous amounts of pain" and act "well beyond what they should be able to endure" as applications of it. The fact that she not only showed no reaction to her head or chest being destroyed, but still kept fighting through it should grant her this ability.

Any scans of this?
Here is the fight between the two, which takes place on Atlas outside Monstra. While this clip shows her and Cinder leaving Atlas as it falls.

It was said by weiss that the cold of the continent that atlas and mantle were in could kill a normal person in hours and is in the northern part of the world, which was said as the Antarctica of Remnent

Pain Tolerance by itself isn't an ability on this wiki.

Supernatural willpower covers pain tolerances as well as other things. Since you need supernatural willpower in order to have no reaction to have parts of your body blown clean off. Unless something happened that dampened your sense of pain, which would be resistance to pain manipulation and has nothing to due with willpower.

And we haven't seen anything that implies Salem feels less pain than normal.

I am aware that pain tolerance isn't an ability, but we usually place that in stamina section. But ultimately, I couldn't care less.

I am also lost on the temperature resistance stuff. Not sure what's happening in the first one and in the second, don't see how that's granting her resistance? Just confused
Basically, every character who has Aura in RWBY has that resistance as it protects them from the extreme cold. Atlas is in Solitas, the most northern Kingdom, and as Weiss says here, without Aura the cold will eventually kill a person. An example is also shown here when Yang watches her group's Aura fall due to the cold.

Yet Salem, who has no Aura and is not wearing any protective clothing, is unaffected by the cold in those instances that I showed before. So that's why I believe she should have it.

Last edited:
I am also lost on the temperature resistance stuff. Not sure what's happening in the first one and in the second, don't see how that's granting her resistance? Just confused
Basically, they could be naked in a snowstorm and survive because they have aura surrounding them semi-passively (which is invisible unless damaged).

We see people survive point blank eruptions of lava geysers too, so yeah temperature resistance.

Granted Salem probably doesn’t have aura since she’s Grimm-like or is part Grimm.

Alright. With two staff in agreement, I believe that's enough to apply the changes. If there are no objections, I'll start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back