• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some hax questions!

I have unanswered hax questions, I would love to know thier answers, thank you in advance!:
1- A has Baseline 4D resistance against EE [he can resist EE that erases the body, but it's 4D in potency] And B has 3D but conce/abstract/plot level EE. Will A resist B's EE?
2- If a verse showes that plot encompasses fate, causality, space time, death, life etc....and there is a character named Z, Z can resist plot manipulation of that verse. Would that: A - just give him resistance against plot. B- Give him resistance against plot, fate, causality, space time, death, life etc...
or C- give him resistance against fate, space and time, death, life, causally etc.. on a plot level + resistance against plot.
3- Does plot manipulation allow the user to: Interact with NEP, AEs, TRANSDUALITY, and effect Ac4 and Ac5 [Ac= aucausality]?

A has Baseline 4D resistance against EE [he can resist EE that erases the body, but it's 4D in potency] And B has 3D but conce/abstract/plot level EE. Will A resist B's EE?
No, not really

If a verse showes that plot encompasses fate, causality, space time, death, life etc....and there is a character named Z, Z can resist plot manipulation of that verse. Would that: A - just give him resistance against plot. B- Give him resistance against plot, fate, causality, space time, death, life etc...
It will give him resistance to everything that plot encompasses
Does plot manipulation allow the user to: Interact with NEP, AEs, TRANSDUALITY, and effect Ac4 and Ac5 [Ac= aucausality
[/QUOTE]
Depends on how powerful the plot manipulation is

1-Body should, not the rest

2-Only to the specific application of plot used. Otherwise might as well consider resisting RW as Resistance to everything.

3-Not without feats

1-Body should, not the rest

2-Only to the specific application of plot used. Otherwise might as well consider resisting RW as Resistance to everything.

3-Not without feats
I don't quite understand numbe 2 well, could you perhaps explain it Even more?

I don't quite understand numbe 2 well, could you perhaps explain it Even more?
Basically it depends of what the user did with his plot manip.

Did he try to erase the character? To make him follow the plot? Depending of what it is, dude only resist a specific thing and not every single things.

Basically it depends of what the user did with his plot manip.

Did he try to erase the character? To make him follow the plot? Depending of what it is, dude only resist a specific thing and not every single things.
Why's that? If the plot itself encompasses multiple, resisting it [or more precise, no matter how you manipulate the plot of said verse, the character doesn't get effected even in the slightest] should allow to resist all of the stuff that the plot encompasses

Why's that? If the plot itself encompasses multiple, resisting it [or more precise, no matter how you manipulate the plot of said verse, the character doesn't get effected even in the slightest] should allow to resist all of the stuff that the plot encompasses
Then resisting any kind of Reality Warping would give you resistance to any power in existence, which obviously isn't the case.

Then resisting any kind of Reality Warping would give you resistance to any power in existence, which obviously isn't the case.
How does that have to do with anything? If RW shows specifically that it can effect [whatever] resisting that specific RW will give you resistance to [Whatever]

How does that have to do with anything? If RW shows specifically that it can effect [whatever] resisting that specific RW will give you resistance to [Whatever]
Plot Manip is litteraly just RW + 4th Wall.

You said that it merely needed to encompass these concepts, except that in this case it would mean 90% of the characters with RW resistance should resist everything their verse has because it is part of reality.

So the premise would be just a big NLF for Plot Manip, which is already wanked as it is.

And why's that wrong?
Plot Encompesses multiple concepts [lets say it encompasses fate] thus resisting the plot of your own verse , will give you resistance to fate. How's that wank?

And why's that wrong?
Plot Encompesses multiple concepts [lets say it encompasses fate] thus resisting the plot of your own verse , will give you resistance to fate. How's that wank?
For the exact same reason why resisting RW doesn't make you resist every power on this wiki.

You don't resist every single thing, you resist a single thing used through Plot.

But if a verse establishes that RW [in that verse specifically] gives the user...uhh death manipulation , conceptual manipulation and infinite manipulation. Resisting that verse's RW would allow you to resist these abilities. Same thing to plot. If a verse establishes that plot encompasses fate, death and causality, resisting the plot of that verse [Aka being immune to it literally] will give you resistance to all abilities that get encompassed by that verse's PLOT

But if a verse establishes that RW [in that verse specifically] gives the user...uhh death manipulation , conceptual manipulation and infinite manipulation. Resisting that verse's RW would allow you to resist these abilities. Same thing to plot. If a verse establishes that plot encompasses fate, death and causality, resisting the plot of that verse [Aka being immune to it literally] will give you resistance to all abilities that get encompassed by that verse's PLOT
RW would just be the mean, not the end result. What matters is what application you resisted in these cases.

That's like resisting only one part of an ability and saying "I resist all of it".

RW would just be the mean, not the end result. What matters is what application you resisted in these cases.

That's like resisting only one part of an ability and saying "I resist all of it".
You don't resist Just The applications You resist RW as a whole, no matter what, you can't get effected by it. now replace RW with plot, hope this gets more clearer. [When I say RW, I only mean RW in that specific show]

I still stand on my statement. If an ability is said to encompass other abilities and a character resist it, then he should resist what it encompass.

You don't resist Just The applications You resist RW as a whole, no matter what, you can't get effected by it. now replace RW with plot, hope this gets more clearer. [When I say RW, I only mean RW in that specific show]
Then it is what Oblivion said. You only resist the cause here.

Yes, this^
If the plot in that verse affects all of those things, then yes, the character from that verse should resist all those abilities as he's resisting the plot, which, as you said, encompasses all those abilities.
However that doesn't extrapolates to feats from another verse (I mean with this that a character from another verse shouldn't resist all those abilities in that verse just because he resisted plot manip sometime)

If the plot in that verse affects all of those things, then yes, the character from that verse should resist all those abilities as he's resisting the plot, which, as you said, encompasses all those abilities.
However that doesn't extrapolates to feats from another verse (I mean with this that a character from another verse shouldn't resist all those abilities in that verse just because he resisted plot manip sometime)
This exactly what I was trying to convey. are you reading my mind!?

Back