• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suggestion from above would apply to both manga and anime, since all that happen in both media. And taking the anime/manga thing aside, the only feat that could be considered is Vegeta being Likely FTL (assuming that Frieza's attacks are SoL), cuz the others:

• Nothing imply that Gero's attack are SoL/FTL
  • Krillin could perceive Cell due that cell weren't trying to kill him just absorb him, if was difficult for Cell go unnoticed to catch normal humans, would be much more difficult for him catch Krillin
  • That Super Buu attack isn't FTL, recalculating, that attack is around 6.6% SoL at the very most, so ins't impressive for someone like Tien to dodge it
  • Any scaling from the Tourtament Arc would be headache, anyone could keep up or able to see the top tier characters like Goku, Vegeta and Hit, without mentioning that the most likely is the Goku nor Hit are MFTL+, at least not as high as you think

The real cal howard said:
OBD did use to say that Mach 38000 was the final number (for Buu)
By the way, I'm joking
They should have used a timeframe 1.5 s, not sure where coming that time tho

Even if you find the statement, it will hardly change things because in the Anime trunks has purple hair while in Super he has blue hair, even before Future Gohan death. Also most of the characters will be forced to be MFTL+ and 4-A (including Yamcha), making the whole thing inconsistent.

Dark649 said:
Even if you find the statement, it will hardly change things because in the Anime trunks has purple hair while in Super he has blue hair, even before Future Gohan death. Also most of the characters will be forced to be MFTL+ and 4-A (including Yamcha), making the whole thing inconsistent.
I'm not looking for upgrade,never mentioned that.I know this site takes manga as primamry canon.

I'm just saying that i'm positive i saw that statement about DBZ being it's own canon in one of interviews

LuciferSPN said:
I'm not looking for upgrade,never mentioned that.I know this site takes manga as primamry canon.

I'm just saying that i'm positive i saw that statement about DBZ being it's own canon in one of interviews
Ok, i understand, but i wonder which color hair is the true canon one for Future Trunks according to Toriyama.

The androids can atleast tank punches and some what react to Vegeta and Piccolo and we have them at FTL to FTL+, Tien scales.

Tien also managed to launch Kikoho before Cell could get out of the hole, another instance of him matching FTL+.

His Cell feat is not PIS (It is ome of his most major feats and scenes in the series anyways) it is commonly accepted Kikoho is just WAY stronger/faster than himself, hence how it stopped Boohan's blast

biggest reason why dbz anime should be considered non-canon

Vegeta and Nappa breathing in space and blowing up the bug planet

it didn't happen in the manga and contradicts the fact that Saiyan's can't breathe in space

LuciferSPN said:
Aimenaltair said:
LuciferSPN said:
Yes they are,go watch Goku vs Cell,you'll see many many times that they are moving their eyes in direction of fight
Anime only m8
And you know that?because you know every single page of manga?
and that anime only stuffs doesn't matter,since anime is canon itself
As a matter of fact yep I do.

And Anime Ain't canon, that's why Kai is for and even that's not even canon, a Toriyama Cut is going to be released of the DBZ anime and then we will have a full canon Dragon Ball anime serie.

VircaTheDestroyer said:

it didn't happen in the manga and contradicts the fact that Saiyan's can't breathe in space
Also King Vegeta and all the saiyans close to him displayed the exact same thing and the king blowed multiple planets in the process (5-A inconsistent feat), like Frieza was able to kill Goku at Namek.

Dark649 said:
VircaTheDestroyer said:

Also King Vegeta and all the saiyans close to him displayed the exact same thing and the king blowed multiple planets in the process (5-A inconsistent feat).
Exactly

VircaTheDestroyer said:

That's why wrote what Toriyama said,anime is it's own canon

Exactly because of all differences compared to manga

LuciferSPN said:
VircaTheDestroyer said:

That's why wrote what Toriyama said,anime is it's own canon
Exactly because of all differences compared to manga
I know there are differences, they are glaring, and contradictory.

But the being in space and breathing and then saying "Saiyans can't breath in space!"

That's well in the anime, so the anime contradicted "the anime" as well as "the manga"

Ok, i understand, but i wonder which color hair is the true canon one for Future Trunks according to Toriyama.

Pretty sure that the hair was a mistake, and he used purple instead of blue, so he just went with it.

As far as I am aware, the anime differs considerably from the manga, and as such we cannot use it for scaling. Perhaps it would be appropriate to close this thread?

Antvasima said:
As far as I am aware, the anime differs considerably from the manga, and as such we cannot use it for scaling. Perhaps it would be appropriate to close this thread?
Wasn't saying it for a definitive. Although, I'd like it if Vegeta got the upgrade, as I feel it's most reasonable.

But iff you'd like to close the thread, that's fine. Maybe give a minute or so to let others give their input.

Seems no one wants to put their input in on this now.

Well, thanks for leaving it open for a little extra, but if ya want, you can go ahead and close it now.

For what its worth on the discussion of being able to detect or track something that doesn't mean they can of course react that fast. Jaco is a great example of this. He's likely Saiyan arc level in abilities but he can see things moving massively faster than light perfectly fine according to the things he has said while watching some of the most recent fights.

ShaneisMC said:
For what its worth on the discussion of being able to detect or track something that doesn't mean they can of course react that fast. Jaco is a great example of this. He's likely Saiyan arc level in abilities but he can see things moving massively faster than light perfectly fine according to the things he has said while watching some of the most recent fights.

Jaco being a great example, may simply mean that he's a special case. In the Universe 6 Saga, it's more-or-less shown that Jaco has really good vision and can spot things most people can't.

Sparky "Dante" Marky1234 said:
Pretty sure that the hair was a mistake, and he used purple instead of blue, so he just went with it.

It's funny how no one talks about the color change of Bulma's hair. It's blue now, but it was turquiose in DBZ.

Which is likely due to the colouring.

Keep in mind that the animators doing DBS are the same ones that can make Black Goku look like Goku, but can't get Goku to look like Goku.

RadicalMrR said:
3 Admin and 1 discussion said Tien and Vegeta are fine so they should get the upgrade.
Maybe have the mods here give their final verdicts then and see if we get more yes or no answeres, to decide if Vegeta and Tien get the speed upgrades.

Can somebody remind me about the proposed changes for Tien and Vegeta?

Okay. And the reasons?

Okay. Sorry about being lazy. Anyway, after rereading Antoniofer's posts, I agree about Vegeta, but disagree about Tien.

You mind reminding me what Antoniofer's posts were, Ant? Because I was actually thinking the opposite, with yes to Tien and no to Vegeta.

Here:

Antoniofer said:
The suggestion from above would apply to both manga and anime, since all that happen in both media. And taking the anime/manga thing aside, the only feat that could be considered is Vegeta being Likely FTL (assuming that Frieza's attacks are SoL), cuz the others:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back