• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that those are just examples and guidelines to help us identify people that could qualify, right? You don't need to qualify for every single criteria simultaneously, nor are they the only criteria that exist.
The description specifically makes notes on science based intelligence. You can't just ignore that and claim Itachi qualifies for something he doesn't have any feat on. What makes him an extraordinary Genius rather than being just a genius?

Contradiction?
Pretty sure you know what I meant. Katasuke is a genius on science based stuffs. But as the description suggests, in order to be an extraordinary Genius, you have to be knowledgeable on not only sceince-based ideas, but executing complex strategies under high pressure.

Did you miss the part where it said they were suggestions, or…?
I didn't. You just aren't giving me any reason to believe Itachi is very knowledgeable on multiple specialized fields that requires extraordinary intelligence. Outside of combat-based intelligence, what else makes Itachi intelligent? Compare him to virtually any other extraordinary Genius and you would realize Itachi is the only one without versatility outside combat in terms of intelligence.

I didn't. You just aren't giving me any reason to believe Itachi is very knowledgeable on multiple specialized fields that requires extraordinary intelligence. Outside of combat-based intelligence, what else makes Itachi intelligent? Compare him to virtually any other extraordinary Genius and you would realize Itachi is the only one without versatility outside combat in terms of intelligence.
Have you tried reading his Intelligence section? I'm not obliged to break down every little line, detail, and scan for you, but here's a small snippet (one of many):
Due to his incredibly deep well of knowledge in all sorts of topics developed through reading and memorizing many books, Itachi was able to complete the written test without having to cheat.[189]

Have you tried reading his Intelligence section? I'm not obliged to break down every little line, detail, and scan for you, but here's a small snippet (one of many):
Damn, I guess academy Boruto, Sakura and Hinata should also be extraordinary Genius right? Because you know, they didn't need to cheat to ace the written test as well. Never knew knowing basic history of your land along with ninja techniques made you an "extraordinary genius." As far as I'm concerned, extraordinary geniuses are knowledgeable on topics beyond the average human limits of the real world.
Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear
Everything Itachi knows, we humans could also know them. But what someone like Tony stark, or Bulma or literally anyone on the extraordinary genius tier knows, we humans can't realistically understand.

Last edited:
The scan you showed me specifically stated Itachi knew the "fundamentals" of natural energy topics implying he doesn't understand the complex or sophisticated structures of that topic. Just the bare minimum.To sum everything in that scan, academy Itachi is knowledgeable on Ninja history and ninja techniques. That’s all. Nothing extraordinary about his Intelligence.

Booo!!!! Where my girl Kaguya at!?

Anyway overall the update looks good. As for intelligence, I'll say I think it's fine. Overall intelligence is determined by a number of factors. Itachi obviously isn't a tech guy but in regards to his other capabilities overall, he's recognized as the guy by the likes of Orochimaru and what not. So I think he's Genius at least. It's also how he apply his knowledge when compared to others who also might share the same knowledge or supposed skill.

Booo!!!! Where my girl Kaguya at!?
I'll do an alien MILF edition eventually.
Anyway overall the update looks good. As for intelligence, I'll say I think it's fine. Overall intelligence is determined by a number of factors. Itachi obviously isn't a tech guy but in regards to his other capabilities overall, he's recognized as the guy by the likes of Orochimaru and what not. So I think he's Genius at least. It's also how he apply his knowledge when compared to others who also might share the same knowledge or supposed skill.
Thanks for the evaluation!

No doubt he's a genius. But "extraordinary genius", nah that's baseless.

Profile looks great, I agree with the changes. Currently I’m leaning towards extraordinary genius being fine, nothing Tdjwo said is convincing otherwise atm.

Profile looks great, I agree with the changes. Currently I’m leaning towards extraordinary genius being fine, nothing Tdjwo said is convincing otherwise atm.
Yeah ofc you would say that. Not that you can give any reason for that.

Big thanks to @Deceived3596
cat-kiss.gif

It seems I'm the only human being who's not affected by the Itachi meat-munching syndrome.

It seems I'm the only human being who's not affected by the Itachi meat-munching syndrome.
Don't get me wrong, i'm actually agreeing more with "genius" instead of "extraordinary genius"; but it's just fun to disagree with you.

I wonder how it's "fun" to disagree with the more sensible one☹️
genius is fine in my opinion, but some other suggested forms of extraordinary genius is also fine or a possibly relating to what the Op highlighted( you don't have to be a science nerd it seems, to fulfill some of its other criteria's).
overall everything else looks good, much better than current profiles used.

Itachi just doesn't qualify at all for extraordinary genius. He's only combat based genius. The rest of his intellect comes from understanding shinobi history and basic everyday stuff. Even if we remove the science stuff, he still doesn't qualify.

So I've seen multiple people say "Genius is fine/Genius is better", but what exactly is y'all's reasoning? Tdjwo's "arguments"? No offense, but my man doesn't seem to understand what the Intelligence page is saying, nor what it's for, not to mention half of the argument is literal incredulity. So I'd appreciate it if y'all made actual arguments to back up your claim. I mean.....I'm not gonna change it just cause y'all told me to lol.

I believe Itachi qualifies based on the bolder section Slayer has highlighted several. Stop crying like a baby that I don’t find your arguments convincing.
Pretty sure I addressed that already. It doesn't qualify for extraordinary genius. And if making a valid argument is considered crying, then you have problem.

Pretty sure I addressed that already. It doesn't qualify for extraordinary genius. And if making a valid argument is considered crying, then you have problem.
You weren’t making an argument, you were whining about how “ofc I’d disagree with you”. You addressed it and I disagreed based on Slayer’s argumentation. It’s not hard to understand.

So I've seen multiple people say "Genius is fine/Genius is better", but what exactly is y'all's reasoning? Tdjwo's "arguments"? No offense, but my man doesn't seem to understand what the Intelligence page is saying, nor what it's for, not to mention half of the argument is literal incredulity. So I'd appreciate it if y'all made actual arguments to back up your claim. I mean.....I'm not gonna change it just cause y'all told me to lol.
How exactly do I not understand the intelligence descriptions? You gave half-assed reasoning on why Itachi supposedly has "extraordinary genius" and I repeatedly have to tell you exactly why it doesn't qualify. Once again, this is the requirement for extraordinary genius;
Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.
It explicitly states that individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science(Itachi doesn't qualify) and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits(Itachi still doesn't qualify). At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology(Lol Itachi has never..), executing complex strategies even under high pressure(yes, he qualifies. He did this against Sasuke), outperforming supercomputers(no he doesnt), ans even accurately predicting ting the future through sheer mental calculations(nope).

With all these requirements and descriptions, it's vividly clear Itachi doesn't qualify for extraordinary genius and every claim you make is completely baseless and half-assed sorry to say. He's a genius at most. But extraordinary genius, hell nah.

I'm slightly confused on Itachi's intelligence section.

Slayer are you saying the collection of all three categories of intelligence, when combined, should be considered as Extraordinary Genius or all three categories have enough feats to be considered as Extraordinary Genius individually?

Slayer are you saying the collection of all three categories of intelligence, when combined, should be considered as Extraordinary Genius or all three categories have enough feats to be considered as Extraordinary Genius individually?
If you look at the "Genius" section, it implies that you only need to be e tremely intelligent in 1 specific area to be considered a genius. But for extraordinary genius, you need to be a genius in multiple fields of unrelated studies. Itachi is a genius at combat intelligence and knows the basics/fundamentals of some other stuffs like ninja history, etc. That doesn't make him an extraordinary Genius.

If you look at the "Genius" section, it implies that you only need to be extremely intelligent in 1 specific area to be considered a genius. But for extraordinary genius, you need to be a genius in multiple fields of unrelated studies. Itachi is a genius at combat intelligence and knows the basics/fundamentals of some other stuffs like ninja history, etc. That doesn't make him an extraordinary Genius.
I'll give my opinion on that after my above question has been answered.

It’s that all three are Extraordinary Genius individually.

That's not true though. It's explicitly stated here;
I’m literally just answering Decieved‘s question, can you chill out for a sec? You don’t need to repost your argument on every single comment in this thread.

I’m literally just answering Decieved‘s question, can you chill out for a sec? You don’t need to repost your argument on every single comment in this thread.
I'm simply pointing out where you got it wrong. I can't even correct someone again damn.

I'm simply pointing out where you got it wrong. I can't even correct someone again damn.
“got it wrong“ I’m not even making a claim- I’m clarifying what Itachi’s intelligence section means, because that’s what Decieved asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back