• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solo a Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

Han solo overpowered a droid that sent chewbaca flying.

he has a shit ton of subsonic to higher reactions feats...like alot

I'm against the idea. It'd be best not to rely too much on him. Trilogies should be reserved for galactic-scale events.

Turning the aftermath novels into films? Good idea. A trilogy of movies revolving around Darth Bane? Makes sense. A trilogy surrounding both bounty hunter and smuggler guilds with galactic consequences involved? Okay.

But a trilogy revolving around just a handful of characters? Doesn't make sense (from a business perspective).

it does when its a well-established character

new characters unless they are part of the main saga are very unlikely to get anything more than a single movie unless they become super popular

Of all the Star Wars characters who deserve a trilogy, I think it's Darth Bane. That man NEEDS a trilogy of films or new canon novels.

I stand by saying if Star Wars ever made a Thrones esque series the Bane Trilogy would be a perfect choice to adapt (hell if it's popular enough we could see what Zannah did after Bane)

Hellbeast1 said:
I stand by saying if Star Wars ever made a Thrones esque series the Bane Trilogy would be a perfect choice to adapt (hell if it's popular enough we could see what Zannah did after Bane)
well the directors of Game of thrones are doing a trilogy of films so maybe

SOLO box Office

Current: 168 million

Budget: 250+

Needs to make: 500 Mil to break even

to be successful 600 t0 700 Mil

Estimates. my Opinion

Low end: 400 Mil

Results: Solo is a financial loss for both Lucasfilm and Disney. Disney will make an effort to release films 12 months apart and during seasons with less competition such as December.

Mid-end: 650 Mil

Results: Solo is a moderate financial success at best and Disney will likely never release its two largest brands close to one another.

High end : 800 Mil

Results: another day in Disney paradise

Tfw MauLer spends twice length of the runtime of TLJ on his videos criticizing it

I liked his more structured criticism vids of TLJ better than his unbridled rage thing. I felt that those had fair points, and the length wasn't an issue since I like to listen to long videos while doing homework and stuff. Of course, this is coming from someone who didn't particularly like 8 even just after seeing it, so make of that what you will/

not everyone

but a lot of people love to watch hate /Rage video's to validate their hatred for something. as if their own opinion wasn't enough

This goes for those who love the film aswell and cant stand the thought of someone having a different opinion to them

I mean that's less an issue with his content than those who chose to view it. Confirmation bias isn't exactly exclusive to his viewers

not the reasons why I dislike him.

a lot of his criticisms do not remotely make sense in the context of what his trying to showcase, this shows his lack of knowledge in the medium that is filmmaking.

but ill leave it at that.

Help an admin derailed a thread get this man demoted down to sub-blue username level

My brother saw Solo and said it was good, haven't seen it myself yet but he generally likes this sort of stuff more than I end up enjoying it so I'll see how it goes, I'm alright with spoilers for stuff though so I'm in this thread lol

there's like almost no spoilers :D its a very predictable movie

especially if you're well versed in the large lore of the verse

only that Darth Maul is in the film

very fan servicy film

happy with that

the nods to Legends was real

so yeah

and this movie made Exar Kun Canon OvO

cant complain

Back