• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solar System Level: Not all feats are created equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blast caused by the Kamehameha hitting the Earth and destroying it is omnidirectional.

Don't start with it being a boast. Even Toriyama has come forward and said he doesn't make his characters say false shit for no reason.

"But then, not just the Earth - I have gathered enough ki to blow away the entire Solar System as well!"

This is what he says. Look at the structure of the sentence. It's pretty obvious he was going to fire the Kamehameha at the Earth and wipe out the SS with it.

There is still no reason for him to fly to the Sun when he could fire a blast at the Earth and get the job done far more easily.

Plus, the entire setting of the battle implies Earth would be the start of the destruction. Nothing suggests he'd fire the blast at the Sun.

never said he would fly to the sun. I'm just going with what requires least assumptions and least energy. And also:

"But then, not just the Earth - I have gathered enough ki to blow away the entire Solar System as well!"

This line is the definition of a boast. He is flaunting his power which is never proven.

Also, you realize that firing the blast at the Sun would put him above baseline 4-B, right?

Not really if it just causes the sun to violently explode in a supernova, the rest of the solar system would be destroyed by consequence due to there being no sun.

That isn't a good reason at all. Anime =/= Manga.

Also High 4-C Dragon Ball comes out of nowhere. Freeza's best feat is High 5-A and the scaling needs to be reajusted accordingly.

If the Sun was blown up, the planets in the Solar System would violently begin flying away to the Oort cloud and the Kuiper belt. They wouldn't be destroyed.

Also, why say "not just the Earth"? Blowing up the Sun wouldn't destroy anything other than the Sun and Mercury or so.

@Dark

Annime King Vegeta's feat is not calculated properly, they might be bumped to Tier 4 once I recalc it with a better method.

Not just the Earth cause up until that point, the ballpark of Dragon Ball was planet-busting. Toriyama never considered any of his characters to be above planet-busting like calcs make'em, so he said that Cell can destroy up a solar system to appear impressive.

However I'm just going to the least amount of assumptions.

By using powerscaling and not ubusing it from SS Goku being stronger than his Kaioken multipliers, 100% Final Form Frieza would be Large Star level and SPC Cell will safely remain at 4-B.

No he wouldn't, that powerscaling comes from nowhere. Frieza is 7.3069286e+39 Joules. Even x100 multiplier only makes that Small Star level.

That isn't what I said.

Cell destroying the Sun goes against the premise of his statement. If the Sun went supernova, he'd be life-wiping. Not destroying.

He is basically saying he'd blow up not only the Earth, but also the Solar System. Firing a blast at the Sun would only destroy the Sun. Not the Earth.

Thus your assumption isn't valid because it goes against the premise of Cell's statement to begin with.

EDIT: Plus the usual KE of destroying the Sun is safely into the 4-B range.

Matthew Schroeder said:
never said he would fly to the sun. I'm just going with what requires least assumptions and least energy. And also:

This line is the definition of a boast. He is flaunting his power which is never proven.
So you're saying Cell's claim should be an outlier again?

It is consistent with the power creep, not quite an outlier.

He just has questions about the legitimacy of it to begin with.

I think that this discussion has been derailed. Since the original topic has been dealt with/the majority seem to agree with ThePerpetual, I think that we should probably close this.

Matt should create a thread for the legitimacy of the Solar System statement if he wants to discuss it.

That is probably better. So should I close this discussion?

I support it.

If Assaltwaffle thinks there's something that hasn't been addressed yet, he can reopen this thread when he wakes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back