• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sol Badguy?

"Powerful Magic typically requires large amounts of Houriki (Mana or "Magic Energy") to be used. Naturally that would have to come from a source. Whether that source is the Backyard, or a fuel storage component like Zeal "Zilpods" (Zeal is a consumable fuel that generates "Magic", for example), it has to come from some place.

Magic Particles are simply the residual "component" of the magic spell itself. Just like physical structures are made of atomic particles… Magic structures are made of Magic Particles. Houriki is the energy that makes Houjutsu "activate" (Mana and Magic Spells respectively).

You could say there is very little difference between Magic Particles and Houriki itself… other than whether or not the energy itself has been used for a spell or not.

Sol Badguy's miniature version of the spell operates much like an actual gun… it requires Magic "bullets" that contain the necessary compressed energy for the Junkyard Dog to discharge a shot. Of course, that energy itself was pre-prepared ahead of time, so the shots are limited to how many bullets Sol has, unless he were to connect the Junkyard Dog directly to the Backyard through some means.

The same is true of the OutRage Armor that Justice used. Not only was it connected to the Backyard… it was using Justice' body and Gear Cells as a conduit to connect to the Backyard. As a Magic amplification device, the OutRage armor merely gathers the energy from the Backyard and multiplies and magnifies what it gathers.

However, because of the nature of the OutRage… large amounts of Houriki are needed to satisfy the requirements of the spell. That is also why an "untapped energy phenomenon" like Saint Elmo's Fire was used to revive Justice in the first place. While it would be easy for Justice to "control" and "focus" the energy once she gained it… she needed time to gather it… this is also why Gamma Ray takes time to "charge up".

The Magic energy for Saint Oratorio isn't easy to gather and you can't simply "gather it from anywhere" since it has to come from the Backyard or be 'created' through some means.

You could say that, because of how untapped the power is for the OutRage magic delivery system, that the power requirements to "control it" are difficult to fulfill in the first place… that's why Sol split the OutRage in to 8 fragments. Smaller pieces, smaller energy requirements, less risk. (This is also another reason why Dizzy has trouble controlling her own powers, because it takes power to control power.)

Right now it's unclear precisely how Saint Oratorio is designed as a spell, since only Sol and "That Man" seem to understand it. What's more… we don't know much of its history with the OutRage fragments or the OutRage Armor which seems to be something "That Man" built specifically for Justice.

Right now it's just simpler to just state that the Backyard is the source of that energy whenever a spell is used. Whether that energy is gathered from the backyard and put in Zilpods or magic bullets… or if a Gear acts as a conduit… the Magic Particles are merely the "result" of the spell itself, you could say."

http://gear-project.tumblr.com/post/116079891504/how-exactly-does-the-saint-oratorio-spell-work

information on spells, Justice's armor lets her tap into nigh unlimited energy but requires a charge time

http://www.guiltygear.ru/files/faqs/ggxx_drama_black_eng.txt

Potemkin: I see. Did you hear that?

Officer: Sir! Opening all cannons!

Sol: Ugh...! What...?

Potemkin: Sir, what's wrong?... your Headgear!

Dizzy: *So there you were... filthy traitor!*

Officer: Sir, are you all right?

Sol: All ships, deploy...

Potemkin: To all ships: Deploy. Repeat. Deploy!

Officer: Understood! We'll deploy as well!

Dizzy: Gamma Ray!

Potemkin: What was that...! Report on the fleet!

Officer: With that attack... 50% of the fleet has been destroyed!

Potemkin: Impossible!

Sol: I'm leaving this to you!

Potemkin: What! Where are you going at a time like this!?

Sol: This battle... Dizzy's here.

Potemkin: I see... that attack just now... I see!

Sol: If we get her... the war is over.

Potemkin: Understood. I will take command.

Sol: Dizzy... just you wait.

[URL]http://gearlegacy.tripod.com/rtt/id6.html[/url]

May: If you want to catch Johnny, I'll be your opponent!

Ky: Are you alright?

Officer 1: S-somehow...

Officer 2: Being so reckless...

Ky: I can't let you go any more. Now, we can only fight.

May: Iruka-san!

Ky: Stun Edge!

Johnny: I have to teach her a little more control...

Ky: If we fight here...

Johnny: We have no idea what kind of things are sleeping here! May! Think about where we are.

May: But Johnny...

Ky: Wide open!

May: Wo-ah, that was dangerous.

Ky: Not bad.

May: If it comes to this... Great Yamada Attack!

Johnny: Damn, it started to crumble!

Ky: Even Old technology probably won't stand up to a shock like this...! We should get out...

Disc: This disc is a Data Disc collecting the current scientific knowledge of the world. Knowledge, origins, and scientific technology are recorded in this technological backbone. Please select a chapter number or use the search key. Or, to search by genre, please use the Genre Select button.

Ky: A holographic image?

3.[ Trap

Narrator: Chapter Three - Trap

Narrator: A mysterious tablet found at an Old World Ruin. For the 22nd century, where all Old technology has been forbidden, will this be a Pandora's Box? Chasing the Old technology, new sin awakens once again.

Narrator: Johnny and May, having obtained a piece of blacktech, Old technology, head for the Thor Museumseeking a whole tablet...

April: Are you really fine with us not going?

May: We're fine! And anyway, if it comes to that...

April: Gather the whole crew**?

**Note: A reference to May's IK.

May: Yeah!

Johnny: Ok, I'll leave the ship to you. See you again, my lady!

May: Later!

Leap: I'm worried... since you and May are especially close.

April: Well, Johnny's with her, and...!

Leap: We do what we have to do, right?

April: I'll protect this ship!

Leap: And I'll make a delicious meal for those who will come back hungry.

May: April! Is everyone on the ship ok?

April: We're ok over here! Jellyfish Pirates... you can't beat us in the sky!

April: Then let's go... everyone! Gather around!** It's your turn!

**Another reference to May's IK

Venom: Damn!

May: Ok, to finish...

Johnny: ...we run.

May: Not again, Johnny!

Johnny: Hurry!

May: Oh, the tablet...

[URL]http://gearlegacy.tripod.com/rtt/id22.html[/url]

Jam: Senri Shinshou!

???: Damn! Everybody attack!

Axl: Not good...

Sol: Get lost!

Axl: This one'll end it!

Sol: So damn ANNOYING!

Jam: I won't forgive you! I'll be your opponent!

Axl: We'll leave it to you...

Jam: Prepare yourself!

Jam: Ten! Jou! Ten! Ka! Yui! Gyo! Doku! So!**

**Jam's IK

Jam: Too easy!

Owner: Jam!

Jam: Owner! I cleaned everything up.

Owner: Whaddya mean, cleaned up! Everything's messed up!

Jam: Then...

Owner: You'll be working for free for awhile!

Jam: B-but Owner...

Drama CD Side Black

8. Jellyfish Fleet - Revenge Seekers

Potemkin: To all remaining troops. Contact the other ships.

Officer: Understood. Message from the Jellyfish. Connecting...

May: This is the Jellyfish... come in!

Potemkin: This is the leader of the remaining troops, Potemkin. I am glad that

you survived.

May: Leave it to us! We'll take out as many as we can.

Potemkin: Okay. The Jellyfish will head...

Testament: Hahahaha!

Potemkin: You...!

Officer: You!

Potemkin: Retreat, everyone!

Testament: Huh, he isn't here? Well whatever! Take this... Exe Beast!

Potemkin: The disturbance Gear... it actually existed.

Testament: Disturbance? Not really... I'm you human's worst nightmare!

Potemkin: The dream is over... this battle is now.

Testament: That's right... the dream known as mankind will now disappear from

this earth!

Potemkin: Like I'll let you! Magnum Opera!

Testament: Try and stop me... Nightmare Circular!

GGX Drama vol 2

Ky: This power... the power of blacktech... can't bring peace. This ca

only bring sadness... brought forth by humans... this itself is

humanity's sin.

Defense Captain: Hmph. Naive, boy... fire!

Sol: Gramps shouldn't talk for so long.

Defense Captain: I-impossible! You live after taking so many bullets?!

Sol: I'll clean you up all at once. Dragon Install!

Defense Captain: What are you looking at!? Fire! Fire!

Sol: Volcanic Viper!

Defense Captain: Crazy guy!

Ky: Wait! Stun Dipper!

Ky: You won't get away!

Defense Captain: Please! Don't kill me! I was... yes... I was just following

orders!

Ky: Whose orders...

Defense Captain: That's...

Sol: Let's finish this. Napalm Death!

proof in the drama CDs that IKs and Gamma Ray are canon attacks

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=73ccc890960e04b5db5c86c4f6852056&oe=563CDF14

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d7f26f9532df83bc2fd74e8404b289dc&oe=56838A37

Data entries for the Backyard confirming they are connected to and affect our own universe; the Cube That Man created in GG2 would have allowed someone to manipulate the Backyard at will

http://bucket.bluegartr.com/ceb9ef23ab6e45d3412eebe203d03c1e.jpg

The information density from the Backyard being contained inside Justice's OutRage armor was stated to equal a galactic cluster

Guilty Gear Codex, p. 50About the Backyard A higher-order world that defines the laws of the "real" world. Sol explains it as a world that can rewrite the laws of ours however it wants. The existence of the Backyard was first speculated in the 21st century, and was part of the system that defined the five main elements of magic.

Normal people cannot enter the Backyard -- the density of the information there will crush them both physically and metaphorically. That Man has developed a method that allows humans to remain in the Backyard, and it is that method that allows Sol, Dr. Paradigm, and Izuna to travel there.

In the core of the Backyard is an isolated region called the Cube, which was created by That Man, and which allows him to exert his will on the world. A key is required to enter it -- a key which turns out to be the Gear cells of either the Maiden of the Grove or her son, Sin. The door, however, was destroyed by Sol in Guilty Gear 2.

Okay, and Sol is stronger than Justice then, so Justice's galaxy feat should scale to him?

it's not straight galaxy level but yes he was stated to have utterly destroyed her in Xrd, although the armor was still at least partially intact

Okay. I think that we should wait for some more input, but if there are no valid objections within the next few days, feel free to adjust the profile as you think is appropriate.

If SeiryuShin wants to do so, yes.

Or maybe I will do it after I have finished with the current backlog.

@The Everlasting I agree about that. Maybe we could use his current statistics as "At least" and the galaxy level statistics as "Possibly" in two different columns?

It doesn't look that inconsistent in Guilly Gear.

Slayer can hit someone out of the galaxy and Sol resist an time paradox and made a black hole that can destory the world with his own power.

And other hax and crap. You don't wanna mass with the verse.

I was mainly referring to the whole "vaporizing something the size of Mt. Everest" and the other stats on his pages, which are far, far below Galaxy Level.

Well, goven that FTL and above speeds cannot be reliably scientifically calculated regarded the required kinetic energy, hitting somebody out of the galaxy should probably logically be unquantifiable. Unless I have misunderstood?

The Everlasting said:
I was mainly referring to the whole "vaporizing something the size of Mt. Everest" and the other stats on his pages, which are far, far below Galaxy Level.
Even if it's an inconsistent feat.

You'll still have characters like Justice messing all of Japan and Sol is powerful then her.

Messing with Japan is just country level at best though.

Antvasima said:
Well, goven that FTL and above speeds cannot be reliably scientifically calculated regarded the required kinetic energy, hitting somebody out of the galaxy should probably logically be unquantifiable. Unless I have misunderstood?
http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/2557-character-profile-slayer

I Know it's from OBD wiki but Slayer's hiting things out of the galaxy is 555 billions times FTL.

Since Sol and That Man is somewhat more powerful then Slayer as of Xrd. They can scaled to him

The Everlasting said:
I'm not saying feats like that aren't legit, I was referring to the star and galaxy stuff.
You mean the link i posted in the thread?

Well, Those calcs are made by one of our calc group members here. Why can't we go with then?

Okay. You mean in terms of speed only. It still seems to strongly contradict his general level though. It is kind of like we removed the Hulk's cosmic entity level statistics, due to that they also strongly contradicted his general level.

As I said above though, there is the possibility of using two columns. One for his general statistics, and one for his possible outlier statistics, similarly to what we used to do with the Hulk.

I See, We may need to ask ClassicGameGuys or SeiryuShin since they know about the series more then us.

But we would wait for an whlie for do.

Sol's headband supresses his gear cells. that's why pre Xrd (and pre retcon) he had to take it off to use his full power because it sealed away the major bulk of his power. It was later retconned (in accent core I believe) that he never took his headband off when he beat Justice

In Xrd it was revealed I-no's time traveling was gradually making Sol stronger with each loop she was making, until his headband has stopped working properly to seal his power, which is why his Dragon Install is evolving as his Gear Cells take over

Hmm. I already reinserted his old galaxy level statistics as a possible maximum, but since I do not know the franchise, you can make appropriate modifications if you wish.

Well, he was scaled from Justice, who I think was said to be galaxy level within the linked calculation.

there is a few problems with that, he should be ~Solar System until all the issues with that are resolved, and just a note of possibly galaxy level at his most powerful at most

Okay. Feel free to change the profile accordingly.

Decided to change it based on the old and new game series until we get more information in Revelator about how he fares against the new characters and villains. (as noted I-no screwing around with time and parodoxes is what got him to his current state; it might or might not be undone or worsen)

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Back