• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMT vs Digimon

You did not address the four prime factors and Akashic Record... Either way I want to gave my reasons why I think SMT would win...

I doubt the 4PF or Akashic Records will be that effective as some people are making them out to be. Lower tiermons sure.

There's also a similar hax in Digimon. Most of the top tiers "transcend spacetime" and can exist beyond it. In Digimon, this "transcendence" also means they cannot be killed or even damaged/affected by attacks and some like this 2A can make instantaneous copies of itself and others.

It is actually interesting to note how similar Yggdrasil/the host computers are to the DeSu 2 villains like Polaris/Administrators/Canopus.

Yggdrasil is a "host computer" that created and governs multiple digital worlds (but has enough power to affect all worlds) and treats everything as data (including time, space, souls, concepts, reality, etc), Polaris is an "Administrator" who governs "countless" worlds using the Akashic Records and treats everything in them as data. Yggdrasil stores all information on the DWs (including all time, concepts, events, space, etc) either within itself or in the Memorial Stelas (which also contains a record of every event from the inception of the DWs) have an infinite amount of data capability and can manipulate them as per his liking. Polaris does the same using the Akashic Records (it can edit entire universes as if they were just data). Yggdrasil exists beyond the DWs, is omnipresent within his DWs even with just its avatars and cannot die. Canopus also has something similar in that it exists beyond the DeSu2 multiverse and also cannot die. Both can create cosmic beings. The host computers like Yggdrasil can be replaced/succeeded by "God", much like the Administrators succeed each other. And finally, both Canopus and Ygg are High 2A.

MugenRyu said:
Idolchu said:
Digimon like Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil ain't a Digimon...
In the digimon universe there are being like ZeedMillenniummon and Yggdrasil who are hard kill permanently due to thier high level of regen right? I'm just saying smt can kill being like that for good with observation.

And Observation allows them to kill Gods right? Would it work on someone with High-Godly Regen? I still don't understand the difference of Type 8 Immortality + Mid-Godly Regen vs High-Godly Regen.

Plenty of SMT demons seem to have High-Godly Regen since they are unnafected by the collapse of the multiverse in past, present and future, even though they are beings explictely created by human Observation.

That means that they remained alive even though their origin point was removed.

Observation is the power to asign an "Answer" to a "Phenomena". For instance, let's say an ancient tribe observe the phenomena of a storm, and then they asign the answer of a thunder deity being the cause of it. Through their Observation, this thunder deity is born. Then, through the passage of time and the developing of language and culture, and the evolution of etymology, this primal thunder deity might split into numerous more well-developed gods.

Alternatively, Christians in the early middle-ages might arrive in Great Britain, and upon learning of the Faeries and Celtic deities of that land, they asign the Answer that they are actually demons, and their Observation transforms them into such.

As you can see, this is an inate power to all of mankind, but requires entire populations to be effective. But the SMT protagonists have it in great-scale, as full-on Reality Warping.

"Plenty of SMT demons seem to have High-Godly Regen since they are unnafected by the collapse of the multiverse in past, present and future, even though they are beings explictely created by human Observation."

But did they regenerate? If not that's sut tanking it.

@Ever

It shows that they don't die even if all the components required for their existence are removed. That's High-Godly.

It would be if they had been destroyed and then regenerated. In other cases it is only great resistance to attack and immunity to temporal paradox if the past, present and future have been destroyed.

@Matt If you are unaffected by the collapse, that's tanking it as well as Time Paradox Immunity. Now were they destroyed, and came back? Because all Royal Knights can survive all of reality being erased(All Delete), yet it is treated as a resistance as well as tanking. This is compared to Yggdrasil who was not only erased, but so was all of reality, but still regenerated.

Also, this is the Four Prime Factors:

http://imgur.com/a/rUb2u

Canopus is made of the Four Prime Factors that compose his entire multiverse, and he makes use of this defensively granting him infinite defenses against any kind of attack.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Ever
It shows that they don't die even if all the components required for their existence are removed. That's High-Godly.
But they don't actually regenerate it. That's like saying Frieza taking and containing Sidra's Energy of Destruction is Mid-Godly Regenerationn.

I haven't played DS2 in awhile. But if I remember correctly couldn't they attack each factor individually?

Just commenting that it's interesting that one of the characters in the scans looks a lot like the new protagonist of Digimon Story e.e.

@Executor Well the person who does the Cyber Sleuth art is the same art designer who did Devil Survivor's 1 and 2.

Yeah, Doi. He also did SMT IV's art and is doing the art for the new SMT games that will come out for 3DS and Switch.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah, Doi. He also did SMT IV's art and is doing the art for the new SMT games that will come out for 3DS and Switch.
No, Doi only draw the SMT4 and SMT4 Apocalypse design. devil survivor series was drawn by Suzuhito Yasuda. And yes, he was also the one who design Digimon CS as well :p And seeing how he loves to reuses the old designs, i wasnt really really supprise when i saw Hibiki in Digimon CS, lol

For the match itself. Well, if you get rid the tier 1 of SMT, the only thing SMT has is...Devil Survivor 2 verse.

And the best thing DeS2verse has is The Prime Factors, số thẻ question would be simple : Does the High 2-A digimons exist outside the time and space of the High 2-A multiverse ? if that's the case then they would take this easily

No, the DeSu2 multiverse is not a High 2-A multiverse. It's just a timeline multiverse with countless number of universes. only Providence (Canopus's realm) is High 2-A

this is a Loop formy about (Tie or eternal battle whit no winers or lossers), Bot have High-Regenerations, are conceptual being, can harms/damage, create, destroy Concepts, manipulate Elements, Cause&effects, Luck, destiny, probability, matter, energy, reality, laws, etc...

Extreme123dz said:
this is a Loop formy about (Tie or eternal battle whit no winers or lossers), Bot have High-Regenerations, are conceptual being, can harms/damage, create, destroy Concepts, manipulate Elements, Cause&effects, Luck, destiny, probability, matter, energy, reality, laws, etc...
While those are pretty impressive abilities of SMT side. But like I said, SMT side only has Devil Survivor 2 as their biggest tier 2 and the best thing they have is the prime factors. So it's all come down to whether Digimons can transcend the high 2-A multiverse or not. If they do, then SMT side is pretty much doomed. Well, actually not that bad, I guess they can still fight with the force of the High 2-A multiverse

@MagiSinbad

There are multiple beings from Digimon who can, for instance this . Or Ygg, Zeed, NEO, DBagra, etc.

I was checking some SMT pages and noticed Lucifer is below Satan (Apocalypse). Is he yet to be updated or did Apocalypse really mess up the old power hierarchy? I'm pretty sure a while back he was the strongest after YHVH (discounting protagonists).

Machspyder said:
@MagiSinbad
There are multiple beings from Digimon who can, for instance this . Or Ygg, Zeed, NEO, DBagra, etc.

I was checking some SMT pages and noticed Lucifer is below Satan (Apocalypse). Is he yet to be updated or did Apocalypse really mess up the old power hierarchy? I'm pretty sure a while back he was the strongest after YHVH (discounting protagonists).
in the past, Satan>Lucifer

Satan is the one beneath only YHVH, acting as God's Judge. He's the most powerful of his Avatars.

Also, Kuzuryu is another Avatar and it is stronger than Lucifer with all 9 heads.

Back