• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMT Dante vs Lavos (High 2-A edition)

Dante shoots Lavos with a gun

Lavos from another timeline tries to BFR but then realizes that he was absorbed into Lavos

Legitimately tempted to say Lavos here since Dante doesn't have the absolutely op powerset and resistances or Immo of any demon out there.

And this is coming from someone who usually says SMT blinks Lavos away easily at every turn.

Setsuna tenma said:
This lavos does not have the infinite dupes
Also, since when?

If he didn't the game wouldn't slap you a Bad Ending if you tried killing it the normal way. Because that is ultimately useless. Nor would the Chrono Cross need to unify all of the Infinite Multiverse into a single timeline with the result that it's gone.

The reason you don't fight infinite Time Devourers one after another is the same reason SMT itself doesn't make you fight Kagutsuchi infinite times.

EDIT: Not that this particular power matters for much here of course since Dante can fight and beat Kagutsuchi alongside other characters so he can get past any possible dupes either way.

Probably, yes. Unlike every demon out there, Dante's lack of survivability doesn't guarantee he lasts much, if at all (I also don't think SMT High 2-A scaling is gigantic, but if I'm wrong someone do correct me).

On his side of the coin, if he can kill Kagutsuchi which is Omnipresent across space-time and has infinite avatars as well, dupes won't be any problem for him so yes he can very much nuke Lavos just as easily given the chance.

Hence why I said I'm very 50/50 atm unless I'm missing something.

Isn't Lavos's absorption passive anyways? Ya know, I've been meaning to ask: Is this dudes absorption even instant? Yeah it's passive, but does the absorbee get absorbed instantaneously, or is it a few seconds?

FateAlbane said:
Probably, yes. Unlike every demon out there, Dante's lack of survivability doesn't guarantee he lasts much, if at all (I also don't think SMT High 2-A scaling is gigantic, but if I'm wrong someone do correct me).
On his side of the coin, if he can kill Kagutsuchi which is Omnipresent across space-time and has infinite avatars as well, dupes won't be any problem for him so yes he can very much nuke Lavos just as easily given the chance.

Hence why I said I'm very 50/50 atm unless I'm missing something.
No SMT High 2A scale is not gigantic.

@Light For some things it is, for others isn't. Some people were absorbed just from coming near or trying to interact with it (Acacia Dragoons).

Others sort of... Disappeared from sight as they were absorbed despite being ways away (Dragon Gods).

Other cases the entire screen seemingly distorted, shows a starry background and it's absorbed (Absorbing Dreams from a Distant Dimension).

Other cases the thing does nothing and stuff is stated to be being absorbed (Chrono Cross, some times).

Other cases still the thing sort of pulls people to it through a Vortex (Chrono Trigger, Ocean Palace).

Other times it absorbs what you tried to attack it with (Magic and some other types of energy).

Portrayals of how it works change a lot from one time to another. It's pretty weird.

Back