• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smite Revisions?

Attack potency and destructive capacity are strictly TWO different things though when it comes to this wiki. Potency is able to deal damage to people or things capable of withstanding. Say, character A can fire massive lasers, destroy planets, etc. Character B can't so that as his arsenal is just his speed and sword. But he is SHOWN capable of harming character A repeatedly and slice throughand defend against character A's lasers. By classification on this wiki, Character B would then be labled in the same tier as character A. You don't HAVE to be able to blow up planets YOURSELF to keep up with someone who can. Look at Cloud vs Sephiroth. Sephiroth can cause freaking SUPERNOVAS. Cloud can't, but he is shown still harming Sephiroth who can tank his own supernova. Cloud has no feats of that scale on his own, and yet, here he is, duking it out with a full power Sephiroth. And on this wiki, he is given a ranking to match that. Just cause you can't shit out a universe at will, doesn't mean you can't compete with someone who can. It's happened in many other verses, not just smite. And the wiki scaled them accordingly. Now, are you trying to tell me we SHOULDN'T look at smite the same way? Cause if we shouldn't do the same for smite, then many other verses need to be restructured. And it's not a gameplay thing. Smite clearly, like league, has a seperation if gameplay and story. I'm going purely off lore and story.

Yeah....what they did with Loki was...weird. weirder than what they did with Kratos. Like father like son I guess?

I wans't making differences between the two, i was counting those two elements. Again, it's in my head but i can't see a god like Samedi taking down a monster like Nox, nor that i could imagine Pelee being able to eliminate Chernobog or Serquet killing Zeus. I understand the idea of scaling to. And no, i'm not saying we should ignore the lore, i'm just syaing that if i had to create a story about myhtologies and god, patheon leaders would be way above regular gods.

Not sure if i should like it. I don't really know about it, Atreus almost has no characteristic associated with Loki apart with his liking for stories, his small link with wolves and his ability to understand other languages. As for Kratos...well he basically f**ed Destiny itself by killing Magni (wich should have been absolutely impossible since he's literally PROTECTED BY DESTINY ITSELF TO NOT DIE and this also affected his brotehr since Atreus was able to kill Modi because Destiny was already messed up) and Baldur. Also, i have red the novelization of the game and i've noticed that, while Tyr needed a very powerful artifact to travel to other realms and mythologies, Kratos simply needed...a boat. And apparently, him simply being in Midgard already caused something that disrupted reality in the Norse World (all the realms i mean). Wich is not helped by the fact Odin had already started his own mess with his...experiments. Seriously, it seems like in this verse, Odin is basically evil incarnate lol.

Well unfortunately that's not the story or scaling Hi-rez had made for Smite, and as much as that's what you'd want from such a story, that's not the portrait painted here. Granted it IS said one vs one against a pantheon head is suicide for most gods, but Zeus and Olorun, pantheon heads, were both overwhelmed, which caused Zeus' death and left Olorun exhausted.

Sheesh. I only knew basic stuff about god of war. Didnt know it was that detailed.

My point is, not only is Olorun NOT this infinitely infallible being who scales FAR beyond everyone, he and Neith both as universe makers have had many charachters scaled to them with statements and combat, and Neith isn't even a pantheon head. 7, 4, 2 is a flawed system that would only get mor flawed as Hi-Rez piles more and more characters into the pile of those shown to directly scale or are implied to.

Yeah the word of god does say different though; at least for his Infinite Ruler form.

Yes I made a page but it was snuffed out by antvasima who said wait for everyone to agree to a tier to place them in and that was over a month ago.

After reading this thread for a month now........ I believe that the consensus by default is that every god should be at 2-C and everyone else should be at 4-A. Gaara does make a good point in how the workings of this wiki usually scales via feat comparison when he mentioned Cloud vs Sephiroth so I can't even contend that.

So I ask the following so that we may put this thread to rest: Yay or Nay

1. Olorun, Primordials, and Pantheon leaders are at Low 2-C? 1. A. Does Olorun Infinite Ruler get a key like Sol has a key for her cosmic skin? 1. B. If so will the other gods that have a cosmic skin get a key too?

2. The other gods are place at Low 2-C for gameplay scaling and comparable feats (taking into account that Loki, Hel, and Ao did manage to kill a Pantheon leader together even though he is superior to them it shows what most fictions shows: teamwork beats the boss)

3. Non gods are placed at 4-A to Low 2-C scaling from feats?

We don't need to scale from gameplay cause with so many scaling from direct feats, statements, and basic logic, again my example of Vulcan likely being on par with other olympians, like his siblings, to the point that most of the rest would also likely be in thay same ball park, give or take variances for speed and power. I'm in the low 2-C camp but am willing to compromise as long as the others who don't directly scale get a "likely low 2-C" cause...the other system is even more flawed than "all low 2-C" but I GET why not everyone wants everyone to automatically be low 2-C. But there are more than enough who DO scale, without resorting to "game scaling". I'd only use gameplay for details on abilities. Besides game scaling is bad cause the characters are CONSTANTLY changed for sake of balance. Which does not mesh with power scaling. Thus why I go by lore/story, statements, and logic

Also I'm down for some skins getting alternate keys. The same thing was done for league characters. Though smite doesnt REALLY give much story to those skins save for a few. The main focus should go to story related skins like Ragnarok Hades and Ragnarok Jormungandr.

Anyone else have a yay or nay? If not I would like antvasima to undelete those pages so that I can edit them sometime this week

You can still aks but for now, we'll have to wait for a possible answer for Bambu. Until then, we're stuck (i mean, it's not like if we will create new profiles with the current system since they would be edited later right ?).

If yeah. That's the exact problem about it. Feel like it gonna take a very long time beforre we'll get to the end of this unfortunately. I hope it won't but....

The next story chapter is out. Some notes? Olorun is still drained and unable to fully recuperate even after Yemoja healed him. The sun's light just can't reach him this far into the underworld. So...he is sort of like Superman, a humanoid solar battery lol. Though it's also suggested the underworld itself may be having effect on him and the others, making it difficult for them to recover completely, except Samedi, cause death god.

Persephone is DEFINITELY due a high intelligence. Her constant traps, using the terrain of the underworld to keep them worn, baiting Olorun into such a location in the first place, she's definitely a clever bastard. She's also keeping Anhur, Zeus, Mercury, Ao Kuang, and Chaac in a state of half death. Unable to revive, and unable to pass on.

Once again, the immortality of the gods is mentioned. That gods don't exactly die like humans do. Also seems that, as a death god, Anubis' soul slipped free from the greek underworld, Hades noting that death gods might play by different rules in this regard. Even Yemoja notes that gods don't die easily as she revives them from this state of half death. And yes, Zeus and the other four are back now, drawing breath for the first time in ages.

So my thoughts? It was a fun read. Persephone definitely has the tactical advantage over Olorun. And as Horus stated...what really is death to a god? Really, seems like more of a painful inconvenience unless some other force traps them or they no longer have the ability to revive, likely due to a lack of worship, hence how Jormungandr likely did his killings, turning man against god. Though in an age where mortal worship is spread thin? I could see why a god wouldn't want to test their luck. Still, this immortality of theirs is a DEFINITE boon for vs fights in favor of the smite verse.

So what, it's basically Immortality (Type 4) or something else ? Also, i somehow saw that Heimdall will be the next god to appear in the game, is that right ?

Seems like it. And death gods got a special leg up on it it seems. And yeah, data mining tends to dig up the next god, that being Heimdallr. Though take it with a grain of salt, since they have tricked us before, we got Jormungandr instead of the data mined Nidhogg for example. Though they don't usually trick us or hide it unless its a very special situation.

Antvasima said:
Well, I only recall that I thought that Bambu's idea of accepting that there are inconsistencies, but that the characters should not all scale to each other, made sense.

You can ask him to restart the thread via his message wall if you wish.
^

Cause atm it's just you and me for the most part lol. So...here is a fun question. Since we are still back and forth on the two scaling methods, which fights would you do for one and which fights would you do with the other?

As much as im against the 7, 4, 2 system, I always thought Nike vs Ms/Captain Marvel would be a neat fight, but the scaling I'm going for would make it a major stomp in Nike's favor. Then again I think she'd win even if it was more even-ish. I mean, being a god of victory kind of makes you difficult to fight since you can tip the scales in your favor.

As for if my scaling goes through...Ares vs Vegeta and Arthur vs Trunks are two fights I'd love. Thematically both fights make a LOT of sense. Vegeta being the prince of a near extinct warrior race, and Ares the warrior god son of Zeus from a pantheon that's fallen on rough times. And a heroic swordsman from the future vs a heroic swordsman from an ancient/alternate reality, both wielding legendary blades from their verses. Plus the Spirit Sword being made upnof energy from those around Trunks matches thematically with Excalibur being made from the energies of dead gods.

I'll admit i didn't think about this, especially when mixing characters from SMITE and other fictional verses XD Though since i'm replaying God of War currently, i kind of make fun of the idea of seeing Kratos going after the MCU XD And i wonder what would happen if he went against SMITE actually.

His Greek version is "At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C to 2-C, possibly higher" at his peak and his norse version is "At least 4-A, likely 2-C" so...yeah basically, he can slaughter most of the gods here X)

Well what fights haha ?

Yeah likely lol. Never understood the need to seperate the greek and norse bit when they are literally the same person. It's not a gunvolt situation where Avenget IX isna different timeline. The new god of war is literally a sequel, not some alternative continuity.

Bowser vs Kuzenbo is one. Koopas are based on kappas, and it goes full circle with Kuzenbo taking some clear inspiration from Bowser. Plus Kuzenbo is voiced by the VA for Eggman so it's also Eggman vs Bowser in a way. And one has fire power and the other has water power. Both are kings as well.

Also the obligatory Goku vs Wukong.

Well the fact that the Greek Gods are all dead save for Kratos himself certainely helps XXD Besides, the two mythologies have their own story so it serves a purpose to separate them.

Nothing new about the editings ?

Yeah he is still himself, that's the point of the game. Btw, i really liked they truly mentionned his past so much, with the "Ghost of Sparta" name drop moment from Mimir, Zeus's illusion in Helheim, Athena).

Saddly....

On their immortality I say types 4 and 8 for the reason Olorun stated that no matter their sphere gods cannot truly die (seeing as how Anubis returned and even how the other gods that have actually died in their lore are now alive and well) and 8 due to them having a greater increase in power (sans Olorun) via worshippers.

are the pages going to be undeleted so that they can be edited?

Arkham: It just makes it feel weird to have a seperate page. I mean a new key I get, but I don't think he needed a whole other page.

And it doesn't help you and I have different ideas for scaling this verse.

Alda: Worshipers seemed to me to more affect said immortality as opposed to power. It does effect power it it has a more drastic effect on their immortal status.

And that will happen when we settle which scale to use.

The new page was made for many reasons, mainly because the original is filled with too many elements so it was better to make a new page. Plus, while its the same Kratos with the same history, he has changed from what he was originally, has new powers and equipement and this is still a new story in a different area.

Another thing about this GoW, i literally loved is how Odin is treated. He doesn't appear in the game but he has a very strong presence within it with the lore, through characters like Freya, Baldur and Mimir especially thanks to his stories and his sealing of Asgard, Vanaheim and Svartalfheim. He's literally everywhere while not in the game at the same time. Great building.

And of course the ending and the possibility of Kratos dying...for good this time.

Worshipers likely affect their power in general i think. Not sure about Type 8 but i think this is fine since it would also affect their existence in itself. Though Olorun, Chronos and Chernobog (and possibly Nox) dont need them apparently.

for Olorun (whose page I'm trying to undelete and edit), Chronos, and Chernobog I know that at least that it has been settled for Low 2-C. For everyone else scaling has made a majority vote to Low 2-C due to the inconsistencies of the verse.

So I've been trying to wait as antvasima has demanded and for 2 months now he's been in Low 2-C where it has been resoundingly settled that he is Low 2-C. Even still with his tier settled (and where I scaled him originally) I'm still waiting for the page to be undeleted.

Also waiting on a yay or nay on the Infinite Ruler key

Ok? Think Kratos is nuts, Sora has far more weapons, skills, forms, spells, etc. across every KH game. He has ONE page. Also feels weird seeing ODIN as a villain.

Well it's implied Chernobog is fuelled through violence and evil. Like if he fought Frieza, he'd have a LOT Of evil to draw from. He even tried to manipulate Bellona to his own ends.

I'm not denying that the others deities like Chernobog, who don't need the worship of humans, are low 2-C. I feel a page should be created for those characters too. Chronos already has a page , so I'm trying to created what has already been established and set.

Gaara Yeah but Sora always has the same weapon and mostly remain the same guy with the same amount of power and the same type of abilities. Kratos gets new weapons and powers and resistance nearly every game. Basically, Sora's powers remain the same with some variations while Kratos gets more and more abilities over time.

God Aldamore And i'm actually planning on making a profile for Chernobog, i've actually already prepared it and i'm waiting to know what will happen with the tiers.

Back