• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smite Revisions?

A system I'm not exactly the biggest fan of. Feels a bit downplayish to me, especially for the god and nongods shown and implied to be on a similar scale to pantheon heads, even if to a lesser degree. Feels like disservice to those gods. So what? Is Jormungandr now only a star buster despite whipping out entire pantheons solo repeatedly since the beginning of the universe? Is King Arthur, a mortal man, only tier 7, despite shown as being on similar terms of speed as the gods, and wielding a blade forged from the power of older gods and capable of seriously wounding Jormungandr? Not to mention the ones who should logically scale. I can go on but I won't. Just feels like a flawed system.

Actually, I will say more. So now say Jormungandr is demoted to star level for not being a pantheon head. Pantheon heads are still low 2-C by your supposed scale. Are you telling me that, it takes Odin, Ra, Hera all pantheon heads, Merlin, Arthur who would by this system be a 7-A, Argus who would be low 2-C cause a pantheon head made him, and a now star level Thor....to beat ONE star level Jormungandr? How does that make sense? Or heck, since you have 7-A as mortals and monsters, and he claims he isn't a god, ALL THAT to beat one 7-A serpent?

Or how about this. Hades. Is he star level? Even though he should likely be on a similar tier to his brother? And say we logic it out that, ok, he's an exception. What about Bellona, who beat the tar out of an AMPED HADES? How about Horus and Set? They aren't pantheon heads but are clearly powerful and important gods in the pantheon. Are they only star level despite being shown repeatedly to be on a comparable level to Ra?

I get "low 2-C everything" isn't perfect. That's why I had thay compromise idea. But the 7, 4, 2 tier system idea just seems far more inconsistent. Cause you know it's likely they are gonna keep showing their characters as being in a somewhat similar tier. Which would make that system more and more inconsistent as time goes on. I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing on his idea, and not trying to wank the verse, but...I honestly don't see how that idea is remotely consistent. ESPECIALLY when you are pretty much saying a universe+ tier Zeus got murdered by three STAR LEVEL gods...

I'm sorry for the tangent but, and I get I'm not AS experienced on this wiki as you guys are, I just honestly can't find a reason to properly justify that system of scaling, when there is so much more evidence amd reasoning to the contrary.

Antvasima said:
Well, I only recall that I thought that Bambu's idea of accepting that there are inconsistencies, but that the characters should not all scale to each other, made sense.

You can ask him to restart the thread via his message wall if you wish.
Has anybody asked Mr. Bambu yet?

"I'm sorry for the tangent but, and I get I'm not AS experienced on this wiki as you guys are, I just honestly can't find a reason to properly justify that system of scaling, when there is so much more evidence amd reasoning to the contrary." I weren't saying that for you specifically, i was saying that about me to.

And for the record, i agree with Jörmmungandr, by that system, he CANNOT be only High 4-C even by that system, he is obviously Low 2-C.

Ok, but Jormungandr isn't the only case where that system's flaws are pretty obvious. 7-A king arthur? He did the MOST damage to Jormungandr. 4-C Hel? Hera STRUGGLED against Hel one on one, and Hel was among the trio of "star level gods" who murdered pantheon head Zeus. What about Ymir? It took Odin AND his two brothers to fight him. What about Fenrir? Took BOTH Thor and Argus to effectively bring him down. Keep in kind, Thor and Argus, who is a divine construct made by a pantheon head as her body guard and thus SHOULDN'T be weaker than herself, did about as well as each other against a swarm of frost giants. Horus and Set have DIRECTLY shown to be comparable to Ra, a pantheon head. What of Nike? It's blatantly implied Zeus and gang may have well lost against the titans without her aid. How about Nemesis? It's also blatantly implied even ZEUS is SCARED of her. And as sibling gods of Nemesis, Thanatos and Discordia should logically scale, BUT also have shown to directly scale via combat against the likes of Kukulkan and Hera during the battle on Olympus, and those two are respected as a pantheon heads. Need I keep going? Pls tell me how the proposed 7-A, 4-C, 2-C system is seen as more consistent? Oh wait, the idea was to accept that there CLEAR AND OBVIOUS INCONSISTENCIES, for the sake of NOT scaling the gods despite the dozens of examples I can easily show you of them obviously being comparable to each other, and that, as time goes on, and all the characters are still shown to scale, this proposed system would grow more and more inconsistent.

Never said that system was perfect. Actually, the 7-A thing could be changed. But even with that, yeah the idea was to ignore some inconsistencies to create what would be the best system for that. And again, no one said that system was perfect, not even Bambu actually.

It isn't just some inconsistencies though. I can label dozens of inconsistencies that the system would cause. And I never said anyone said the system was perfect, I'm just saying it has far too many flaws to be an acceptable system. Way too many gods would be seriously downplayed in that system for it to even be considered the "best" system.

We don't have much choice. You believe in your system and i understand why, just like i understand there are inconsistencies with Bambu's, but we still need a true vote for solving this instead of some "i agree with" separated in time i think. Personally, i see the point of everyone, i like Bambu's system because it's more "structured" but i'll be fine with whatever will be chosen in the end (except the whole "everyone must be Low 2-C").

Which is why I made a compromise between the two systems. His system is very flawed and invites a lot of inconsistencies and downplay. But I get low 2-C is hard to be applied to everyone who can't be properly scaled yet until their proper appearance in the story or some form of statement is made about them. Alone, the "structure" of his system is very flimsy. No offense meant to him of course, but it would only get worse and worse as more characters are shown to scale.

I have to unsubscribe due to time constraints.

If Mr. Bambu comes back and starts a new thread, he can ask me for help later if he needs it.

We...wait i guess. I've prepared some profiles on my side so i would be ready for when this would be solved. BTw, wich gods are you interested in ? Personally, i'm planning to make profile for Bellona, Chernobog, Set, Kukulkan, Ah Puch, Merlin, Pele and possibly Loki, Osiris and Jörmmungandr.

Just be careful which ones you do before a vote is done lol. Would hate yo see you work on them in a certain way, then be forced to change them depending on how the votes turn out. Also Merlin is definitely one of the most versatile. Telepathy, bfr, sealing magic, teleportation, ice, fire, electricity, prophetic dreams, enchantment (a blurb between Merlin and Arthur references him casting an enchantment for the whole sword in the stone bit), energy manipulation from when he forged Excalibur, immortality, whatever you want to count his arcane magic as, also he did rip the power of Ragnarok from Jormungandr's body so there is that to.

When i said i prepared profiles, i made documents on my laptop lol.

I would count Arcane as Gravity Manipulation.

So wich gods would you make ?

Ah lol. Personally idk jack about making pages for this wiki. Or wikis in general ^^;

And hmmm that does make sense. One of those abilities isna pseudo black hole. I'm sure there is more but yeah. Merlin is pretty much the sorcerer supreme of Smite lol, with the only competition being Thoth.

Hmmm...you named a few I'd do so I'll make my list different. King Arthur, Thoth, Baron Samedi, Hades, two keys one for base and one for ragnarok, Olorun, my personal smite waifu Artemis, and Hel.

Yeah, maybe Isis can do something but these two are the best.

I should say to you that i already made profiles for Hades, Thoth and Hel on the wiki ^^. But if you feel they need to be edited, go ahead, they will probably be anyway.

Oh and i don't plan on making Olorun but i noted some abilities for him : Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1 and 2), Divine Magic, Light Manipulation, Absorption and Healing (Via Consecration, can absorb his inner light to heal himself or his allies), Aura, Time Manipulation (Can freeze time, slow it for his opponents and speed it for himself and his allies), Energy Manipulation and Projection, Creation (Can create suns and stars), Summoning (Can summon his other selves Olodumare and Olofi in battle), Flight/Levitation, Dimensional Travel

Well she is the goddess of magic, but Thoth taught her stuff even she didn't know, and he wrote the literal book on the secrets, sciences, and magics of the universe. The Book of Thoth, aka the book of the dead, among the most powerfuk artifacts in the verse for sure.

Wait really? I checked and I don't see them.

Also nice. You know who else would be neat? Camazotz

Yeah, they're pretty much the top tiers in terms of sorcery. Thoth might even be more powerful than Ra since he taught him everything (more or less) and should be on par with him at the very least.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hades_(SMITE)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hel_(SMITE)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thoth_(SMITE)

I also made Freya, Ares and Thanatos (and possibly another one i forgot).

Nu Wa has pretty interesting abilities but i must say she doesn't really interests me in itself. Izanami and Anubis on the other hand...

Something they don't REALLY elaborate on is that Thoth and Ra are technically brothers and Thoth is technically a god of the moon, opposite of Ra.

Huh. The smite page doesn't link to those oddly enough. Granted said profiles are very much outdated anyways so they would likely need a change.

Guess you didn't notice I changed it to Camazotz. XD

Yeah, they need editings since i made them based on the old system (with the 4-A thing).

I didn't even noticed he had a profile lol.

Just a shame you and I don't agree on which system should replace it lol. But such is the nature of vs debating.

And he doesn't? Was just saying I'd like to see one of him. Camazotz was one of my most wanted gods before his release. I mean a giant death bat who is a lord of the underworld? BADASS!

Can't say the idea isn't badass XD But i prefer gods like Merling, with multiple and various powers and abilities though. It's more fun to play when your god has various powers.

I am abhorrently opposed to scaling the Pantheon leaders to Low 2-C with Olorun. Hera's inner monologue/observations of Olorun "He radiated a power greater than any she had ever felt. Even Zeus would have found himself humbled before such a being as this."

But I can agree to set them at such a high tier (even though honestly I think the max they should be at is 3-A) based on the meeting Olorun called among the death gods of all the Pantheons where his aura can be observed from both Persephone and Hades as Olorun is talking "Long have I maintained my distance from the affairs of gods and mortals.." He rose to his feet. "But that time has come to an end." Persephone felt a wave of power radiate from Olorun as he rose. From his expression, she could tell that Hades felt it as well. The new king of Olympus had all the strength of Zeus or Odin. A god among gods. To confront him openly would be foolish, if not suicidal. It was no wonder Set had made himself scarce, and that Bellona and the other, more belligerent gods had not issued the expected challenges." And even Izanami outright questions his intentions during the meeting stating "... Did you call us here just to flaunt you strength?" However I still suggest that we make a key for his Infinite Ruler skin and I'd strongly urge to place that skin at at least 2-B based on his directed quote to himself stating that he can see in every universe and the word of god from Twitter claiming him to the the ruler of all and also considering that Sol has a key for her cosmic skin putting her at 3-A and one of her general quotes is I am the universe. (However at the end of the day I still believe that the supreme ruler should be place in a tier abover his subjects but that's just me.

As for Yemoja and Baron Samedhi are we officially placing them at 4-A as they are considered normal gods? I made a page that got snuffed by Antvasima for Yemoja placing her at 5-B or 5-A (don't remember which) based on her quote stating that she will bring life giving waters to a world that desperately needs it but from what I'm comprehending the general consensus for regular Gods is 4-A.

9B795D86-9A66-4000-8D9E-4187A9E954AD

They don't just scale to Olorun. They also scale from Neith who herself is a low 2-C character from having weaved the universe into existence. Athena and Mercury were shown to be on a generally even power as a UNIVERSE MAKER. And from there you scale gods who scale from Athena and Mercury. Ares is even in power with Athena, Anhur shown to be a close match for him, and the list goes on. And then look at Olorun? Zeus and Odin's power were stated to be on a similar scale to his, even if slightly less so. Zeus was only killed cause THREE gods ganged up on him. One of whome was Loki. Loki, with Zeus' thunder bolt, beat down Neith, Mercury, and Athena. Neith, who again, IS A UNIVERSE MAKER in terms of power. Implying that, Zeus may likely be stronger than her. And from there it's shown time and time again how the gods all sort of sit on a similar tier of power to each other, through direct combat, statements, and basic logic.

And I am VERY much against that 7, 4, 2 tiering system, cause, while "low 2-C everything!" Has it's flaws as not EVERY character has been showed or implied to scale YET, the amount of gods that DO scale, with obvious veriances as any tier can have characters who can curb stomp others in their same tier, is FAR too great for that 7, 4, 2 system to make any logical sense. Yemoja and Baron SHOULD scale to low 2-C, among the MANY other gods that do. Samedi blocked an attack from Bellona that was aimed at his snake. Bellona would go on to curb stomp an EMPOWERED Hades. Hades should be on par with his brother at base. Granted Bellona as a war goddess is fueled on combat and conflict, and Hades didn't have the full power of ragnarok in him. She beat Hades regardless. And then later, Samedi is shown in combat alongside Olorun, Hera, Argus, and Horus. ALL of whome were struggling with Persephone's basic vine traps and undead minions. Even Olorun was hard pressed, though he admittedly had the added frustration of a giant three headed death dog barreling down at him.

My point is, not only is Olorun NOT this infinitely infallible being who scales FAR beyond everyone, he and Neith both as universe makers have had many charachters scaled to them with statements and combat, and Neith isn't even a pantheon head. 7, 4, 2 is a flawed system that would only get mor flawed as Hi-Rez piles more and more characters into the pile of those shown to directly scale or are implied to.

ArkhamDC06 said:
Can't say the idea isn't badass XD But i prefer gods like Merling, with multiple and various powers and abilities though. It's more fun to play when your god has various powers.
Fair enough. I usually prefer the guardians, mages, and hunters myself. I've had...not the best results with warriors and assassins.

God Aldamore The CURRENt consensus about almost all the gods is 4-A but this is old and it will likely be changed. And i kind of remember you made a profile for Yemoja that was put to 5-B.

Gaara Didn't tested all the gods yet. It entirely depends on their abilities. I don't play it often and i barely began but i mostly like Ares, Chernobog and Set currently and i also like Zeus, Hades and Hel. I also tried Olorun and he is pretty OP but i still lost lol.

Not to mention the amount of low 2-C scaling far outweighs any reasoning for 4-A. And it's to the point I'm starting to sound like a broken record even to myself. XD but it's the scale that I view as far more consistent with more evidence, feats, statements, and logic backing it. Ok, Ark, pls tell me I'm not the only one that thinks I sound like a broken record XD

Ares and Chernobog are fun. Havent tried Set. I've ranked up most the mages, hunters, and guardians. Been playing since around the time between Sol/Chiron coming out and the japanese gods being added. Yemoja is likely to be a main for me. Though single handedly my BEST game goes to Geb. As Geb, my first time using him, I didn't die, and I prevented the enemy from killing a SINGLE ally of mine. They practically rage quit on us. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate such an awesome series of plays...but Geb remains a favorite cause of that epic stomp.

I'm being honest here : you are XD.

For now, i played those i mentionned but also Ra, Ah Puch, Bellona and Kukulkan (and possibly one or two others but i can't remember). The later didn't get me something good lol. So far i'm pretty low level (8 i think X) lo) but as i said i don't play it very often.

Spekaing of gods, this amde me want to replay God of War (2018) lol.

At least we agree on that XD

Ah. I don't play it as often as i used to but im in like the 90s. Smash bros has sort of stolen my attention from smite as my "play when I got nothing to do" game. XD

Fun fact actually, there IS a mythology equivalent to Kratos. however....Kratos isnt the son of Zeus, but in actuality his cousin. He IS however a brother of Nike, and one of Zeus' winged sentinels. It's a fact not a lot of people know cause popular culture tends to overshadow ancient myth and folklore...*cough*JIRAYA*cough*

Lol.

Yeah i know, he is the embodiement of Strength i think. Funny, in the mythos he's so much important compared to the other gods and in the games....well, there is no greek god left aside from him haha. Can't wait to see Odin and Thor. And i hope Hel will also play her part in the future games.

Popular culture like...Marvel ? ^^

I am curious though....despite all the evidence and statements in canon going in favor of it, why are you so against the low 2-C scaling? Nothing against you of course, I'm just curious as to the why?

I can't wait to see how they try and explain all the pantheons and these divine constructs and locations all existing in the same world. They kind of thrown themselves into the same situation smite found itself in before smite said that whole "gods coalesced from the thoughts and desires of humans" bit.

Lol yeah. In myth, Thor was a redhead, like what we see in smite. And Jiraya isn't a huge perve like in Naruto. Pop culture sort of takes over. When you google jiraya, naruto comes in more often then the original folklore frog ninja himself.

Mostly because, even if the gods scale to each other in terms of gameplay or even some stories, i don't see most of them being able to perform such feats. Gods like Zeus, Odin, Ra, Chernobog, Olorun, etc, ok i see but others like Ares, Samedi, Sobek or Tyr ? I don't really see them being able to destroy or create a universe or a timeline. In my head, there should be some classification between the gods, from pantheons leaders to "normal" gods to primordials, etc. For example, i don't see a god like Sobek being able to take down Olorun. It's my "idea" of gods in general. Even if we chose to ignore some inconsistencies, i mostly think we should separate gods in terms of "ranks or power" in their pantheon. The only thing i really doubt about in Bambu's is the 7-A thing, apparently based on Cabrakan's current profile. I mean ok, Cabrakan is noted to be At least 7-A but he should normally scale to the others. If Merlin is able to create Escalibur, he should scale to regular gods or powerful ones for example.

Yeah, except that in SMITE, most gods are still alive while in God of War...well, from the mmoment you have Kratos, you know what happens then. The main thing baout Hel in the game is SPOILER Loki is still a child bt we already havve Fenrir, Skoll and Hati and Jörmmungandr so it's possible Hel is the only child of Loki that won't appear. I hope she will though, i'm very curious about what they could do with her.

Back