• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupywolf5

They/Them
Regen
Pretty simple, Mario and Luigi (And Waluigi, but he doesn't have a profile) can recover from being crushed flat, and should get Mid Regeneration

Star Revisions
When empowered by a star, Mario and Sonic both create a golden aura around them, and thus should get Aura, as well as flight (Since they can, well, fly), they also probably shouldn't have a completely separate key for their star empowered forms (As its simply another power up induced state rather than an entirely separate form, and for similar reasons, Sonic also shouldn't have a separate key for his fire form) and should just have them added to their base keys (And their tiering would look like this: "At least 7-A, higher with power-ups, High 7-A with Star"), finally, their star empowered forms are labeled as only lasting 10 seconds, similar to the time limit that a starman would usually have in a Mario game, but in SMBZ, the star actually lasts much longer, with Mario and Sonic maintaining this state for nearly an entire minute (~56 seconds)

Tier 6 Revision
After disobeying Eggman, Turbo Mecha Sonic causes the Death Egg to crash into Mobius, TMS and Eggman both survive this impact/explosion, and the collision clouds the sky with thick black clouds and shakes the entire planet, a general calc for planet shaking places this at Low 6-B (~1.06 Teratons), and the cloud part I think (Although admittedly, I'm not very familiar with how impact winter works, so I'd be fine if this end wouldn't be usable) would actually make this feat comparable to the Chicxulub Impact, which is 310 Teratons to 13.8 Petatons (High 6-B to High 6-A), though I'm not sure on the second part, so I've proposed two possible tierings for the characters:

Option 1: Add a "possibly Low 6-B" onto the character's tiering, so 7-As would now be "At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B", and SSTMS/Star Empowered Mario and Sonic would be "At least High 7-A, possibly Low 6-B"

Option 2: Add a "possibly High 6-B to High 6-A" onto the character's tiering, so 7-As would now be "At least 7-A, possibly High 6-B to High 6-A" and SSTMS would be "At least 7-A, possibly High 6-B to High 6-A"

Edit: Calc'd the Death Egg explosion to be ~6.59 Teratons of TNT, which is much higher end Low 6-B, and as such, if we go with Option 1 SSTMS and Star Empowered Mario/Sonic would probably upscale to baseline 6-B given just how close the feat is to being 6-B and just how badly SSTMS stomped the main cast/Axem Rangers X

Edit 2: Did the calc wrong and it's actually only low Megatons, so no baseline 6-B characters

Last edited:
That's interesting. I've made the original first profiles many years ago, no idea people were still tidying up them. That's really nice to know.

Regen
Pretty simple, Mario and Luigi (And Waluigi, but he doesn't have a profile) can recover from being crushed flat, and should get Mid Regeneration

Star Revisions
When empowered by a star, Mario and Sonic both create a golden aura around them, and thus should get Aura, as well as flight (Since they can, well, fly), they also probably shouldn't have a completely separate key for their star empowered forms (As its simply another power up induced state rather than an entirely separate form, and for similar reasons, Sonic also shouldn't have a separate key for his fire form) and should just have them added to their base keys (And their tiering would look like this: "At least 7-A, higher with power-ups, High 7-A with Star"), finally, their star empowered forms are labeled as only lasting 10 seconds, similar to the time limit that a starman would usually have in a Mario game, but in SMBZ, the star actually lasts much longer, with Mario and Sonic maintaining this state for nearly an entire minute (~56 seconds)

Tier 6 Revision
After disobeying Eggman, Turbo Mecha Sonic causes the Death Egg to crash into Mobius, TMS and Eggman both survive this impact/explosion, and the collision clouds the sky with thick black clouds and shakes the entire planet, a general calc for planet shaking places this at Low 6-B (~1.06 Teratons), and the cloud part I think (Although admittedly, I'm not very familiar with how impact winter works, so I'd be fine if this end wouldn't be usable) would actually make this feat comparable to the Chicxulub Impact, which is 310 Teratons to 13.8 Petatons (High 6-B to High 6-A), though I'm not sure on the second part, so I've proposed two possible tierings for the characters:

Option 1: Add a "possibly Low 6-B" onto the character's tiering, so 7-As would now be "At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B", and SSTMS/Star Empowered Mario and Sonic would be "At least High 7-A, possibly Low 6-B"

Option 2: Add a "possibly High 6-B to High 6-A" onto the character's tiering, so 7-As would now be "At least 7-A, possibly High 6-B to High 6-A" and SSTMS would be "At least 7-A, possibly High 6-B to High 6-A"

Edit: Calc'd the Death Egg explosion to be ~6.59 Teratons of TNT, which is much higher end Low 6-B, and as such, if we go with Option 1 SSTMS and Star Empowered Mario/Sonic would probably upscale to baseline 6-B given just how close the feat is to being 6-B and just how badly SSTMS stomped the main cast/Axem Rangers X

Edit 2: Did the calc wrong and it's actually only low Megatons, so no baseline 6-B characters
13 Petatons is only 6-A

Soupywolf5 still around, tho?

I am (I just forgot this thread existed), and I come bearing a calc that would upgrade the reboot cast to 8-A+

Anyways, I'm working on some blogs to plan out what the profiles are going to look like after the revisions (While also decompositing them), so I'll need a bit to finish that.

Are characters having 2 profiles now?
Yeah, one for the character from the original series and one for the character from the reboot (I recall seeing some discussion about separating the two, so I decided to get on that now)

Tbh, I really, really disagree with the speed ratings of the original cast. I don't like the AP or dura stuff either, but I can see why they'd be acceptable. Speed, however, is wrong.

The calc uses the map as a reference for speed, when it is consistently shown that the world map is just a representation of what is happening, not what exactly happened. A 10-second journey can be much longer (or much less, depending on context) and cover widly different spaces than what actually happened. There are a lot of instances that a journey in the world map that took, what, 10 to 20 seconds, took hours for them to travel.

So, are revisions to SMBZ still happening, or have they already been applied?

Needs someone to accept it and someone to apply it.

idk if that already happened or not

I went back and redid the calc for Sonic and Mecha's "light speed dash" and (Assuming you don't just use the move's canon name and put it at light speed) depending on what you use for "snail speed" it could be Rela+, FTL+, or MFTL

Also I rewatched episode 7 and I think that the base casts reaction/combat speed should scale to this. Since Mario could fully react to and dodge multiple of Sonic and Mecha's clashes despite being frozen from their perspective and while they overall got stomped, Axem Pink was mostly capable of keeping track of Mecha when he was rapidly teleporting around her (I noted any additional scaling in the above blog)

Last edited:
Back