• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small NNT Speed Upgrade

I'll bring up scans later because as of right now I'm busy but

- Gilthunder is shown to travel in the lightning, with the lightning on different occasions

- Meliodas is stated to be on the same level as Gilthunder multiple times.

- A nice little supporting statement is Holy Knight apprentice Jericho sword play described as lightning fast( its most likely flowery language tho)

Pretty sure our policy is explained here.
That doesn't really have reaction speed, though.
Unless the figure for their reaction time is provided for by the manga itself, then it is calc stacking.

Technically it's currently just hiding the necessary calculation as it is possible to calc their "lightning timing" in the manga.
For hiding calculations, we're not using the speed of lightning to assign some arbitrary value and avoid calculation. Lightning literally is baseline MHS+, and the characters here are explicitly as fast or faster than it since they use it for attacks and travel. So I don't see how this would compare to something arbitrary like a character dodging a bullet having Supersonic reactions when it's not calculated.

Last edited:
Unless the figure for their reaction time is provided for by the manga itself, then it is calc stacking.
Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats

We aren’t using any other calc many characters are lightning timers they factually react to NATURAL lightnings with constant speeds
Technically it's currently just hiding the necessary calculation as it is possible to calc their "lightning timing" in the manga.
It’s not we are using the speed of a lightning to establish their reactions using the manga just crying about calc stacking is dumb as we know that these characters easily react to these speeds canonically

If this end up being refused it’s just stupid plain and simple:

Meli react to lightnings that are stated to be Natural canonically and are shown to be the same speed consistantly

Gilthunder is equal to him at BOS

Galand is so much stronger that even pushing the demon mark to it’s limit wouldn’t grant any advantage on him despite a lowballed 2x to 4x amp

But VSBW saying it’s calc stacking when no other calc is used or hidden should supersede the author

Last edited:
I honestly don't see how this is any different from the Thunder Bagua logic, except that Gilthunder's genuine CTG lightning (which often involves the creation of thunder clouds) is never explicitly stated to move at the speed of lightning (which isn't needed because we accept it as such anyway).

Luffy w/Observation Hakai has SoL reactions because he called a SoL attack too slow. If that's the level of proof needed, then NNT more than qualifies.
I'll bring up scans later because as of right now I'm busy but

- Gilthunder is shown to travel in the lightning, with the lightning on different occasions

- Meliodas is stated to be on the same level as Gilthunder multiple times.

- A nice little supporting statement is Holy Knight apprentice Jericho sword play described as lightning fast( its most likely flowery language tho)
Ditto for Zaratras, who has almost the exact same power as Gil and is Sin/Dreyfus level.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see how this is any different from the Thunder Bagua logic, except that Gilthunder's genuine CTG lightning (which often involves the creation of thunder clouds) is never explicitly stated to move at the speed of lightning (which isn't needed because we accept it as such anyway).

Luffy w/Observation Hakai has SoL reactions because he called a SoL attack too slow. If that's the level of proof needed, then NNT more than qualifies.
By Asura exposing facts there

Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats

We aren’t using any other calc many characters are lightning timers they factually react to NATURAL lightnings with constant speeds
If i remember correctly the lightning speed is mhs, but in the calc I used mhs+ perception speed and i made a calc stack. I can change it with using mhs perception speed but will it be no calc stack?

Ditto for Zaratras, who has almost the exact same power as Gil and is Sin/Dreyfus level.
I think so. Here is a statment from Arthur. About Gilthunder's lightning.
There's no difference between MHS and MHS+ in this case.
The lowball can change, also high ball too.

I mean MHS would fall under the same logic as MHS+. It doesn't change simply because the speed is lower.

If anything, it's just inaccurate now.

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be removed a while ago tbh.

I'll go and double-check the validity.

I heard something like that, as well. But I thought the counters were debunked.

In all honesty, I hate these calculations. So it's no skin off my back.

Not yet, though I personally disagree with it. We're still discussing the logic behind the reactions, though, and I'm more interested in that due to the Galand calc.

Not yet, though I personally disagree with it. We're still discussing the logic behind the reactions, though, and I'm more interested in that due to the Galand calc.
I think low end should be fine. There is an statment about Gilthunder's lightning. I could find more evidence but i didn't do much research

I think so.
Litteraly stated to be natural lightning

Meliodas Gilthunder Zaratras and every Diamond ranks constantly reacting to those lightnings or even moving transforming into a lightning

That’s enough to grant these canonical reactions

I think this calculation should be removed.
Screenshot_2023-02-26-13-27-58-70_dba69a5e82e939c3ddef13f99a115ca3.jpg

Back