• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small abilities for Mario

So more item equipment although idk about the ice and sheep since chillhammer and baahammer already do the same thing. But I guess more options are better.

And if we are doing this then mario rpg has an items called

earlier times, which resets the battle to the beginning.

Fear manip- fright bomb or fright jar.

Star egg Summons a dancing star that damages all opponents (even culex/smithy) and yoshi cookie summons yoshi.

Barrier creation- block block create a barrier that nullifies all damage for 15-20 sec.

it's fine, being one of his most powerful items and all.

don't forget that by including the capture card though it also empowers Mario against that same opponent/species

Which would be useful against enemies that create clones. (multplying his damage output against that same enemy up to 100x depeding on the number of souls he has of that species). since he can only carry 99 that opponents card.

These look good, but he already has Ice manipulation and sleep manipulation for other reasons in addition to this. Soul capture looks like a neat new addition though.

The 2 have a area of effect it can be added as optional equipment maybe and the catch card is kinda powerful if u think about it as @Marionaruto1 explained @dark

Actually, in addition to the catch card if mario is holding onto his own card his attack power doubles and his flip meter will never deplete allowing him to stay flipped between dimensions indefinitely. (Also would be optional equipment and this would also apply to bowser, peach, and Luigi).

The card itself grants mario the ability to stay flipped indefinitely while also doubling his attack power. Without the card mario can only stay flipped until his meter runs out, which while not forcing him to unflip mario will be damaged lightly every time his meter runs out.

The flipping ability was a power granted by Bestovius; not really equipment just an ability.

Yes I know that, but the mario card allows mario to stay flipped indefinitely without punishment while also doubling his attack power. The card is not granting mario the flip as he already has it from the start of the game what the card does do is buff Mario's flip ability to an unlimited timer. Is this being understood now? I'm not saying the mario card grants mario the flip ability I'm saying that it allows him to stay flipped indefinitely without any limitations while also making him do double damage.

Yes, I do realize that part. That sounds like statistics amplification, which he's already got for other stuff. But can be added to the list of examples of that ability. Though, I do prefer input from Dino Ranger Black or Cal Howard. Although, Cal Howard's probably still on his vacation.

I can understand that, but I feel that the statistical amplification gained from the capture card/Mario's card should be emphasized since it is permanent and unique to the catch-card(which can potentially grant mario a 200x power increase). compared to the Mario's current statistical amplification, coming from power-ups/items which are usually temporary and not as strong amplification wise.

The description of the capture does say it takes their soul if used correctly would that fall under "soul_manipulation and statistics amp

I did say the Soul manipulation part seems fine, but you might want input from Dino or Cal as mentioned above.

Cal has been commenting recently. So, he probably could comment here.

WIll the inclusion of the capture card also include its secondary ability of making the user multiple times stronger against the user/species (as that can be used in prep battles)? And will the mario card also be mentioned as optional equipment or no?

if anything it could just be something to be noted maybe in parenthesis nect to the catch card since it does a multipleir effect rather than a percentage based amp (depending on souls).

I will add Soul Manipulation with Capture Care. Ice and Sleep, while already on the profile for other reason, it could still be noted that there is a range upgrade for those specific abilities.

Can it also be noted for the capture card that the more souls mario has of The opponents species souls he gains a multiplier effect against his opponent to max of 100x (200x if with the mario card).

Back