• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight concern about imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLOL506

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Now, I am the last guy to trust something like tumblr

But I want to hear y'all's opinions on this. Should I be worried? Is this fake?

The fact I couldn't find any info on that, and given it's ******* imgur.
I think the funny bone man might be having a jape.
Yeah I couldn't find anything regarding it either, not only that, the bone man closed all his comments after saying "IT'S NOT FAKE, ARCHIVE EVERYTHING YOU CAN".

Imgur makes like ten morbillion dollars off add revenue, and they were just bought last year too.
Imagine buying a very successful platform for a bunch of money that makes you money long term, just to commit monetary suicide.

Think skeletor there just ******* with people.

On a more serious note. I could imagine that Imgur is operating on huge maintenance costs, due to their massive server needs. Considering that they dont delete entrys regardless of how irrelevant they are. So it isnt completly impossible for it to shut down.

Is it likely though? I have huge doubts about that.

I was the one that shared that first, I should probably have asked for a source first (and I did reblog to ask for a source since comments are locked) but my thoughts went "Oh shit this will affect a lot of things, better share it quick!"

I still be careful just in case.

I mean you definitly can.

Its just shit when it comes to linking to the forum. Still dont know why Fandom has to be so extra but eh
It's not so much the links aspect as it is the album and copyright usage and posting of material that may be considered NSFW.

Also there's the 10 MB size limit and video clip uploading restrictions.

I mean you definitly can.

Its just shit when it comes to linking to the forum. Still dont know why Fandom has to be so extra but eh
Just swap "static" with "vignette and that should fix your issues. And remove everything after .png/.jpg/.gif/whatever to see the image in full resolution if it's locked inside a gallery.

But then again, can't we just use the trusty "Upload image" on fandom for scans?

But then again, can't we just use the trusty "Upload image" on fandom for scans?
Image size limits, copyright laws, being unable to post multiple scans into one single album if all of them are needed to explain a feat, etc.

Last thing you want is Fandom shutting down your wiki because scans violate multiple premises of copyright law AKA "PIRACY"

You can only post so many scans before the DMCA police come knocking on your door.

Image size limits, copyright laws, being unable to post multiple scans into one single album if all of them are needed to explain a feat, etc.

Last thing you want is Fandom shutting down your wiki because scans violate multiple premises of copyright law AKA "PIRACY"
Rip

Just swap "static" with "vignette and that should fix your issues. And remove everything after .png/.jpg/.gif/whatever to see the image in full resolution if it's locked inside a gallery.
I mean yeah.

Or I just dont have to bother because imgur is infinitly easier. Not like anyone can stop us from doing both tbh, upload to imgur and fandom and youre good to go

To say nothing of the short snippet feat clips that get consistently nuked from YouTube because of the ******* DMCA and often times have to be put on imgur because we don't need the entire movie and we obviously can't upload those clips into wiki because size limits and refusal to accept MP4 files at times.

I mean yeah.

Or I just dont have to bother because imgur is infinitly easier. Not like anyone can stop us from doing both tbh, upload to imgur and fandom and youre good to go
I do whichever one is most convenient to me. For multiple scans required to explain a feat, I use imgur, singular images I use fandom itself, but I still worry about copyright strikes.

To say nothing of the short snippet feat clips that get consistently nuked from YouTube because of the ******* DMCA and often times have to be put on imgur because we don't need the entire movie and we obviously can't upload those clips into wiki because size limits and refusal to accept MP4 files at times.
The MP4 files were somehow able to go through when I made this page

Ah yes, Bonelord10000. Coming with his good old source of "Trust me bro"

Also, I heavily doubt it will shut down, a company this large wouldn't just shut down out of the blue without announcing it.

Imgur has been around for so many years; not only that, I'm very positive that there would be some kind of major official announcement from the Imgur staff if this is true. Google literally emailed everyone with a Gmail account when Google+ was getting shut down, and we'd have to get more or less the same thing if there was something like that happening to Imgur.

So, I am positive this is fake news.

Imgur has been around for so many years; not only that, I'm very positive that there would be some kind of major official announcement from the Imgur staff if this is true. Google literally emailed everyone with a Gmail account when Google+ was getting shut down, and we'd have to get more or less the same thing if there was something like that happening to Imgur.

So, I am positive this is fake news.
I guess that should address our concerns then.

Would you be kind enough to close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back