• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slenderman vs Non-Slenderman, I mean, The Operator (Victor Surge vs Marble Hornets)

SPIDER-MAN-Double-Identity.jpg

• Both are 9-C.
  • The Operator's Size Manipulation is restricted (in any case, it is very strange that it decides to use it).
  • The fight takes place in a random forest, during the day.
  • They start 10 meters away from each other.
  • SBA for everything else.

Votes:

We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time...: 6 (@Vyfourthaccount, @Comiphorous, @TheShape03, @AThe1412, @JustANormalLemon, @ArzCosmos_888)

YOU ARE BROKEN: 0

Last edited:
The Operator just stands in a T-pose doing absolutely nothing waiting for his aura to do something for him but gets one shot because slenderman actually is a brutal badass.

In all seriousness, neither can damage the other physically as op can become intangible in fight and slendy is basically intangible as well. The Operator may be able to blitz Slenderman with elasticity but again, it would be useless due to the Slenderman’s intangibility.
So neither can really harm each other through their usual attack methods (Aura, mind manip and physical attacks) plus type 8 immortality for both functioning in the exact same way would basically mean a race to kill everyone that knows the other, if that’s the case I guess Slenderman wins because he's been around for longer so more people knows him and he seems faster at killing people, ultimately destroying the operator.
So win for Slenderman I guess

Oh wait i forgot that Operator had clairvoyance and that Slenderman didn’t, I change my vote for the Operator since he will know who to kill unlike Slender

the Operator might have variety of hax and abilities but Slenderman just have better the stats here so like He overpowers the operator and cuts his chest with his tentacles sure both have intangibility but it seems to be something that they both can turn it on and off and I believe they would start without it so my vote goes for Slender

I'd just like to note, The Operator has no ways to actually attack Slenderman Physically, and has zero ways to deal with Slenderman's Madness Type 3 that makes it nigh-impossible to properly look at Slender's body.

I'd just like to note, The Operator has no ways to actually attack Slenderman Physically, and has zero ways to deal with Slenderman's Madness Type 3 that makes it nigh-impossible to properly look at Slender's body.
Why can't OP attack Slendy? He isn't always intangible and OP has his own Intangibility and Madness Type 2. In addition, what's stopping him from just BFRing Slendy to the Ark?

Why can't OP attack Slendy? He isn't always intangible and OP has his own Intangibility and Madness Type 2.
"Just trying to get a hold of where Slender Man's tendrils are at any moment is an exercise in nausea and splitting headaches."

"Eyes and teeth and mouths, and stuff that doesn't even belong on a face, fights over your comprehension?"

Operator is going to struggle to even know where Slender's body is, and struggle to even comprehend parts of it's body all together.

"Just trying to get a hold of where Slender Man's tendrils are at any moment is an exercise in nausea and splitting headaches."

"Eyes and teeth and mouths, and stuff that doesn't even belong on a face, fights over your comprehension?"

Operator is going to struggle to even know where Slender's body is, and struggle to even comprehend parts of it's body all together.
plus Slendy just overpowers Op

What's stopping The Operator from just mind-controlling Slender Man and forcing him to kill himself or something? In the movie it controlled Dan and forced him to kill his family, it also controlled Eli and forced him to kill Jamie. Also, the Operator's Aura would be a problem for Slenderman, just being close to the Operator will cause him to have severe convulsions and unconsciousness.

Also, are you voting for Slendy?

What's stopping The Operator from just mind-controlling Slender Man and forcing him to kill himself or something? In the movie it controlled Dan and forced him to kill his family, it also controlled Eli and forced him to kill Jamie. Also, the Operator's Aura would be a problem for Slenderman, just being close to the Operator will cause him to have severe convulsions and unconsciousness.

Also, are you voting for Slendy?
can't slender just do the same?

probably operator but I'm still not changing my Vote since Madness type 3 would be a problem for Operator
I don't know what good it would do for Slenderman to make someone without a mouth nauseous, and the headache is not something that would incapacitate the Operator.
This occurred after the encounter between Gloria and Slenderman, which means it takes time for this to happen.

I don't know what good it would do for Slenderman to make someone without a mouth nauseous, and the headache is not something that would incapacitate the Operator.

This occurred after the encounter between Gloria and Slenderman, which means it takes time for this to happen.
Not to mention, Madness Manipulation didn't really stop Golden Freddy from crushing Slendy's skull in a previous match.

oh well eh I'm still voting slender tho

Gloria was found like that... which means it happened during the attack, not after. not sure why you'd assume it took effect after, if she was found after the attack already affected.

It's in character for Slenderman to start with it at times, so, if they were to resort to that, Slenderman would do it first.
It's not that I don't believe you, but could you show me an example where Slenderman started attacking someone specifically with that ability?

As for the Operator, it starts with its aura (how would Slenderman deal with that?), If its opponent tries to attack it physically, Operator will try to overpower him and incapacitate him. In the worst case scenario, it always has the option of using BFR and sending Slenderman to The Ark, mind control him, or even sending him through time.
Gloria was found like that... which means it happened during the attack, not after. not sure why you'd assume it took effect after, if she was found after the attack already affected.
However, there is still no evidence that the effect is instantaneous, we only know that when they found her she was already crazy.

It's not that I don't believe you, but could you show me an example where Slenderman started attacking someone specifically with that ability?
In "Let the children...", he forced a group of children to kill people simply by looking at them (this was either social influencing or mind manipulation) and in "Facility Camera 34" is an entire story following someone who was mind controlled into eating several people for slenderman, before getting their memories wiped and replaced with a different personality and experiences.

in other examples like both Steinmen Woods incidents, he started with invisibility and jumping his opponent(s)
As for the Operator, it starts with its aura (how would Slenderman deal with that?), If its opponent tries to attack it physically, Operator will try to overpower him and incapacitate him. In the worst case scenario, it always has the option of using BFR and sending Slenderman to The Ark, mind control him, or even sending him through time.
doesn't need to. his range wouldn't effect Slenderman at his expected fighting range. he'd likely start with fog manipulation and invisibility, which operator has no counter to.

mind control is off the table. Slenderman is more likely to use it first before operator.

In "Let the children...", he forced a group of children to kill people simply by looking at them (this was either social influencing or mind manipulation) and in "Facility Camera 34" is an entire story following someone who was mind controlled into eating several people for slenderman, before getting their memories wiped and replaced with a different personality and experiences.

in other examples like both Steinmen Woods incidents, he started with invisibility and jumping his opponent(s)

doesn't need to. his range wouldn't effect Slenderman at his expected fighting range. he'd likely start with fog manipulation and invisibility, which operator has no counter to.

mind control is off the table. Slenderman is more likely to use it first before operator.
The Operator could know where Slenderman is at all times thanks to Clairvoyance. The Operator could also become invisible and even intangible, although I think that will cause Slender to decide to use mind control on it, which would be an instant victory for Slendy. However, could Slenderman use mental manipulation against someone he cannot even locate or perceive?

Also, the Operator's aura causes the target to faint or have seizures, I don't think Slenderman can counterattack properly if he has to deal with something like that.

Interesting, if both had imaterial intangibility they would be able to interact with one another rhanks to the nature of the power. But both seen to have elemental intangibility making so that they can't really attack one another directly in any way really so It's trully a battle of auras and hax, i will need time to get to a conclusion then...

Lookig their profiles, the operator aura is passive on It's abilitie to make other pass out while slenderman madness type 3 does not incapacitate and his mind controll is not passive, so Operator has my vote sinse him just standing there will alread be affecting slerman toward oqerator wincondition while slenderman need to activate his first

Voting operator

However, could Slenderman use mental manipulation against someone he cannot even locate or perceive?
Unless Operator instantly starts with that, he 100% can considering his social influencing requires him to do literally nothing for it to work. hell, technically, his SI would work even without line of sight since as the teenagers said, Slenderman didn't even need to say anything for them to begin listening to him. Slenderman just needs to be stared at for his SI to work
Lookig their profiles, the operator aura is passive on It's abilitie to make other pass out while slenderman madness type 3 does not incapacitate and his mind controll is not passive, so Operator has my vote sinse him just standing there will alread be affecting slerman toward oqerator wincondition while slenderman need to activate his first
So, suddenly passives that take time to actually do something effective in battle trumps slenderman simply mindhaxxing operator? that doesn't seem to add up lol.

So, suddenly passives that take time to actually do something effective in battle trumps slenderman simply mindhaxxing operator? that doesn't seem to add up lol.
Operator can also mind hax, operator has the same wincons as slenderman + his passive making him more likely to win

Operator can also mind hax, operator has the same wincons as slenderman + his passive making him more likely to win
We've already established Slenderman would use it first, as he's used it as a starting move before. The only thing Operator has going for him is his passives and AP, both which are irrelevant when your mindhaxxed.

We've already established Slenderman would use it first, as he's used it as a starting move before. The only thing Operator has going for him is his passives and AP, both which are irrelevant when your mindhaxxed.
Okay, let's see thid in amother way then. even If operator is mind haxed, his aura will still affect slenderman as It's passive

Okay, let's see thid in amother way then. even If operator is mind haxed, his aura will still affect slenderman as It's passive
Doesn't matter. The worst that happens is Slenderman falls unconscious, which doesn't help operator when he's under slenderman's control. chances are he can just force TO to **** off so he doesn't get effected by the passives, and probably wipes all Operator's memories leaving the operator as a completely new person therefore incapping them.

Maybe Slenderman could convince the Operator not to attack him? His Social Influence section says that he convinced several children to kill people for him, without saying a single word. I still have some doubts about this, since the Operator's aura could incapacitate Slenderman from the start of the fight.
Bit of a double edged sword, cuz, while The Operator has shown that, theres multiple people who can be near The Operator without collapsing like that immediately.

you could also argue Slenderman, if he was beginning to collapse, would go for controlling the operator in that situation.

Bit of a double edged sword, cuz, while The Operator has shown that, theres multiple people who can be near The Operator without collapsing like that immediately.
Most of those characters, like Tim and Brian, do not suffer the full effects of that disease because they take Tim's medication, which can somehow reduce the effects the Operator has on others. Although it is also true that The Operator can make its aura stronger, since sometimes those who are exposed to it (characters who don't take medication, like Jay) do not collapse immediately or simply have a coughing fit and manage to escape in time, meaning that it controls the magnitude of its aura's effects. I guess I'm leaning toward voting for Slenderman, for now.

Because in the video you can clearly see the people are still concious for a good chunk of time before passing out from The Operator. It's not like Slenderman needs to touch someone to mind control them or anything.
Tim had not collapsed thanks to his medication, they explain that in a later entry.

Tim had not collapsed thanks to his medication, they explain that in a later entry.
Ah, i see. well, point still stands. even for people off the medication, they still were concious for some time, which would be more than enough time for slenderman to control The Operator's mind if Slenderman began to collapse from the passives.

Ah, i see. well, point still stands. even for people off the medication, they still were concious for some time, which would be more than enough time for slenderman to control The Operator's mind if Slenderman began to collapse from the passives.
So you vote for Slenderman? For now, I'll include my vote for Slendy as well, although I'm still open to hearing counterarguments.

Back