• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skulduggery Pleasant scaling

Aight, this has been a long time coming in my opinion. This wiki's scaling for Skulduggery Pleasant is quite lacking and I'm going to try and go through why.

Firstly, Darquesse. Darquesse currently has one rating, small city level possibly city level. This is probab;y an awful idea since she constantly grows stronger, in her first showing she does nothing that would put her above 9-A (and even that's only through murdering characters with that tier). In her second appearance she fights the angriest being ever conceived, Lord Vile, to a standstill. Albeit she spends most of the fight in varying numbers of pieces. In her third showing she's outright stronger than Vile, though he can still put up a fight against her before she uses her 10000iq big magic brane to figure out how his armour works and rip if off him. At this point she's also relatively equal with alt-universe Mevolant, who's stronger than the original Mevolant who's stronger than Vile . Then in book eight she's powered up to an unspecified but still ludicrous degree, capable of destroying an army with hax flames. In book nine she's become so powerful that Tanith believes she could have already destroyed the world in the few weeks it's been since book 8, and even after being split with Valkyrie she retains enough power to be sure of victory against Mevolant, Vile and a suddenly buffed Vengeous at once (it is however important to note that she lost only after Mevolant nothing short of cheated with a magic-sucking gun)

Next, Lord Vile. Lord Vile is rated 9-A right now, scaling from Skulduggery's air magic. Magic that regularly fails to kill Sorcerers much weaker than Skulduggery himself, of which Vile could take on entire armies and still put up so much of a fight that by Ghastley's claim they needed someone to get a lucky shot to win. Obviously this alone would not warrant a higher rating, what does of course is the events of book seven. Argeddion (Taken Name Walden D'essai) is revealed to be an extremely powerful sorcerer yadda yadda yadda, what's important is his rating currently. He is scaled currently at Low 7-B, possibly 7-B by merit of being Darquesse's superior. The issue is that Darquesse by this point has exactly one feat pointing to her being city level, and by feat I mean this statement which may well have been an exaggeration due to coming from someone who has no idea what she can do and enjoys finding out as she goes. Furthermore, at this point Darquesse was hurt by people on the level of an accelerator boosted Kitana You know who else could fight Kitana n'pals? Lord VIle, albeit he was explicitely stated as being weaker the fact that he could harm them and take hits from them should scale him to their tier.

Finally, regular Sorcerers. Skulduggery Pleasant's Attack Potency via air manipulation is 9-A from this calculation, Do I think this automatically scales to his durability and striking strength? Certainly not. However it scales to the durability of anyone he's ever hit with a blast of air and failed to kill. Read; anyone capable of trading blows with him evenly and a lot who aren't. The fact that he can harm people who can survive air magic of 9-A level means that it should logically scale to him and by extension effectively every Skulduggery character on this wiki, even Fletcher since he could harm a Vampire with a baseball bat and has taken a few hits from elementals and other such things.

What do I suggest to change?

Firstly add a key for Darquesse, she varies so much it's ludicrous to keep it all the same. I'd recommend "9-A, possibly higher" for Mortal Coil. "high 7-C" for Deathbringer and Kingdom of the wicked (explained below) and "at least 6-C" for The Dying of the Light, by merit of fighting island level Faceless Ones.

Vile fought Darquesse when she did her nuke feat, the one that wiped out roughly a quarter of a giant city. If that's roughly small city level then Vile should scale to large town or town level by merit of being anywhere from 1.89 to 63 times weaker than he is when accelerator boosted (the accelerator has been described as multiplying a sorcerer's power by 3, 20 and 100 but Vile only had it on 63% capacity). Accelerator boosted Vile should also be low 7-B by merit of wounding and almost killing Darquesse at this stage with the help of Melancholia (who got stomped by a base Vile, so let's be honest she probably wasn't doing a lot of heavy lifting).

Any Sorcerer, including Valkyrie, Fletcher and any others, should have at least a 9-A rating since air magic is one of the most common things in the entire world.

Sorry if this is a bit long, I hope I was able to convey my ideas well.

I've been working on a blog for Darquesse with keys as she progresses through the series, though it is delayed because I don't have a copy of the 6th book.

Ah, excellent. What about the rest of my points? Currently Lord Vile is below Kitana's base, which was anywhere from 3-100 times weakerr than when she, Doran and Sean fought him.

This revision should have been applied ages ago, heck Lord Vile is still 9-A despite having a feat of caving in 7-C Kitana's skull with his fist

I disagree regarding the keys. Making keys for versions that exist for a whole of 5 minutes makes no sense.

What I can agree with is the city level statement being vague hyperbole. I was never really a friend of using it.
I don't really like how profiles use the accelerator multiplier either. I don't think it was specified which statistics it boosts and doesn't really meet our standards regarding multiplier usage.
What the air magic is concerned... personally I think there are many feats not exactly supporting it i.e. mages getting harmed by pretty normal people, from falling from greater heights, bullets, zombies etc. Skulduggery's air magic is often not the most lethal variety, focussing more on blowing people away than snapping their neck or something.
Do you have any specific examples of someone tanking a killing-intend full force air blast?

Back