• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sir Ovens please change your mind

At least Large Planet level (Tanked the collision of two planets without injury. Survived the explosion of the Sage Realm)

Why base Mori (Adventure Arc-) has large planet level stats and is stated to have tanked the collision of planets? This feat was performed by his Monkey King mode when he fought Okhwang. He survived explosion of the Sage Realm, but ended up in a dead knockout and woke up only in another planetary system. By the way, practically he survived only tiny part of power of the explosion, which was omnidirectional and couldn't be directed only to Mori's body. There is article which explains explosion yield tanked by character. So nothing like planet level durability.

At least Country level (Stronger than Daewi Han and Mira Yoo, who are both stronger than Nephilim who can throw swords from orbit)

How miraculously did his stats increase from building to at least country if he was only sleeping for three months during timeskip between tournament and adventure arc? Same goes for Daewi and Mira. Their stats should be same as they were during national competition arc.

At least Continent level+ (Physically contended with Mori Jin in his Incomplete Monkey King state)

How Sujin can be continent+ while scaling to same 'large planet level' Mori, since they were fighting evenly on Oraeguk? And Sujin doesn't scale to IMK just logically, since she is rival to base Mori. IMK didn't show her his full power and she only parried his casual kick. By the way, IMK quickly overpowered Sujin and priests with some lightning from Geundoowun.

Large Star level with Monkey King Mode (Could fight and damage a Satan who multiplied his power by 52 times)

How could Monkey King fight against Satan with 52 times multiplied power if he was only suffering terrible damage from him? Please show me where Mori did damage amped Satan in this chapter while he was only counting until the moment when jeabongchim effect stopped. Monkey King practically scales to base Satan (second phase)

At least Large Planet level (Could somewhat fight and damage Mori Jung, but was still overall weaker)

Here we go for Mori Dan. I saw as Sir Ovens changed his stats multiple times from star to likely small star and now to large planet level, but this is all heresy. Dan has clearly stated that his body was weaker than when he was Mori Jin, ate divine pellet and fought Q during first tournament. Back then, he was used to rely on his body alone, now he relies on techniques.

Scaling from Ahan doesn't make any sense. How can you prove that she could use full power of three crown princes? If someone borrows power from gods, that doesn't mean they can utilize their full power. I guess Ahan was barely tier 8 during her clash with Mori Jung, since she didn't shown any stronger feats.

At least Massively FTL+ (Kept up with Mori Jung) | At least Massively FTL+

How can Ahan be mftl+ if she barely runs at 11 m/s? And Mori Jung blitzed her. And what does 'at least mftl+' speed mean? Possibly infinite speed or what?

I truly hope Sir Ovens won't hammer in these facts.

First of all, I made a thread downgrading the 5-As to 5-B. The two planet tanking feats were done when Mori was already 4-C and comparable to Old Okhwang. The explosion of the Sage Realm was done by Mori in his base form, and as seen from Arc 6, Mori doesn't need to go Monkey King to reach celestial levels of power. As Mori Dan he fought Ogre, who is about as blatantly god-tier as you can get. At a certain point in the series, there really wasn't a difference between Monkey King Mode and base, at most it was a slight AP increase.

Mori was blatantly stronger than Mira and Daewi, and both of them acknowledged this and have stated this. Both of them also bully Nephilim after the Taboo was lifted, whom are 6-B.

Sujin blocked a kick from Incomplete Monkey King Mori and was consistently shown to be on par with him. She even tanked the lightning strike and was completely unaffected by it afterwards when the Priests and Followers were either dead or injured.

Mori was being overwhelmed by 52x Satan, sure, but he tanked all of Satan's attacks. On the other hand, without any boosts to strength or a multiplier, Mori ripped off Satan's legs and destroyed all his clones at once. And if you want to make the argument that Mori was also overwhelmed by the Gods of the Heavenly Realm, he made an explicit statement saying that he fought them with more clones out, reducing the number of them gave him more strength and he completely destroyed them.

Yeah cool, the text contradicts the showings. This is very common in fiction, and especially so in GoH. Ahan has the Princes of Natak as her Borrowed Power. They were blatantly tier 5 with their combined strength even if you want to say they are less than that individually. Fanimer is using Garuda as his Borrowed Power and Garuda is 4-C scaling to Ragnarok Arc. Mori made a complete joke out of Fanimer the moment he started trying. I've made all the scaling chains clear on the pages.

I guess them not being MFTL+ in travel speed is fair, but it would still scale to reactions since Mori can react to Daewi and Mira fighting, both of whom are blatantly MFTL+ scaling from Ragnarok.

You just listed everything that I arguably denied in the post. Your guesses contradict logic as much as possible. "The two planet tanking feats were done when Mori was already 4-C and comparable to Old Okhwang", but according to Mori's page it's feat of his Oraeguk key "5-A" base version.

Why ignoring fact that Sujin fought rivalry against base Mori? "was consistently shown to be on par with him", I'll just deny your arguments in the same way: no, she was consistently shown to be on par with base Mori, who is so-called 5-A. What does consistently mean in your case if it was only one single casual kick which she blocked? And why would IMK's physical strength be on par with AP of yeoui? Clear contradiction. IMK neutralized NOX fodders with kicks, but they survived, do they have continent level+ durability? Maybe also contradiction.

"Mori was blatantly stronger than Mira and Daewi", Mori was blatantly sleeping three months in a row and logically could not rise from building to country just because of this dull nephilim scaling. Imagine every GOH combatant being able to oneshot korean peninsula, this is as ridiculous as calculation of nephilim's sword throwing

I cannot imagine how two characters can fight on equal terms for a long time, one of whom is 52 times stronger than the other. At least Mori didn't even land blow on amped Satan, while Mori's page states that he hurt him.

"Yeah cool, the text contradicts the showings. This is very common in fiction, and especially so in GoH", these contradictions were created only by your misunderstanding of what is happening in the manhwa, because you either consider something a contradiction or plot stupidity in order to justify your nonsense. "Ahan has the Princes of Natak as her Borrowed Power", so what? I already said that if one borrows power from god, this one patently don't become as strong as gods themselves. John borrowed power from Uriel, Natasha borrowed power from Jupiter (Zeus), so should they be star level? Obviously not. But won't be surprised if you again consider it a "contradiction", sick imagination. Same goes for Fanimer.

"Mori Dan he fought Ogre, who is about as blatantly god-tier as you can get", it was post-training Dan who obviously became much stronger than his pre-training version, and he was fighting extremely casual Ogre, latter she made it clear that she wasn't using her full power before fighting Dan's Monkey King form. If you assess the situation with at least a bit of brains, there will be much less contradictions than it seems at first glance.

You just listed everything that I arguably denied in the post. Your guesses contradict logic as much as possible. "The two planet tanking feats were done when Mori was already 4-C and comparable to Old Okhwang", but according to Mori's page it's feat of his Oraeguk key "5-A" base version.
First of all, you missed the part where I said that Mori and the gang are already part of a revision to remove 5-A and replace it with 5-B. The reasonings will also change. Mori will be 5-B in base scaling from tanking the planet explosion point-blank. The tanking two planets feat will be removed.

Why ignoring fact that Sujin fought rivalry against base Mori? "was consistently shown to be on par with him", I'll just deny your arguments in the same way: no, she was consistently shown to be on par with base Mori, who is so-called 5-A. What does consistently mean in your case if it was only one single casual kick which she blocked? And why would IMK's physical strength be on par with AP of yeoui? Clear contradiction. IMK neutralized NOX fodders with kicks, but they survived, do they have continent level+ durability? Maybe also contradiction.
What is your solution then? Base Sujin fought Mori before and after he obtained the full Monkey King power. By your logic, she would be 5-B in base. The alternative would be Sujin's fight with Mori just before the Sage Realm exploding being outlier. This can only make her scale to Incomplete Monkey King Mori. I guess you could make the argument that Mori doesn't scale to Yeoui's expansion AP, but he would still be 6-B at the very least. Ho- How does blocking a blow make the person who did the blow scale to you? What? Mori blocked the attacks of fodder because he had the higher AP. But if someone blocks Mori, they would scale to him.

I cannot imagine how two characters can fight on equal terms for a long time, one of whom is 52 times stronger than the other. At least Mori didn't even land blow on amped Satan, while Mori's page states that he hurt him.
Maybe because Satan has High-Mid regen? Mori could break Satan's ribs and tear his legs off but Satan couldn't do the same to Mori. Remember that Mori fought non-stop for months straight. He should be much stronger at peak than he was when he fought Satan. Daewi even fought Satan and outright stated he was as strong as the other Gods of Ragnarok, the same Gods that were completely thrashed once Mori reduced the number of clones he had out. Not landing a blow isn't an AP feat, it's a speed feat. Satan was literally 52x faster than Mori, of course Mori wouldn't have been able to land a blow on him.

"Yeah cool, the text contradicts the showings. This is very common in fiction, and especially so in GoH", these contradictions were created only by your misunderstanding of what is happening in the manhwa, because you either consider something a contradiction or plot stupidity in order to justify your nonsense. "Ahan has the Princes of Natak as her Borrowed Power", so what? I already said that if one borrows power from god, this one patently don't become as strong as gods themselves. John borrowed power from Uriel, Natasha borrowed power from Jupiter (Zeus), so should they be star level? Obviously not. But won't be surprised if you again consider it a "contradiction", sick imagination. Same goes for Fanimer.
Fairy Tail, Ben 10, My Hero Academia, etc. All examples of shows with characters that inexplicably jump in AP after no screentime/timeskips in later arcs. This is a common trend in all of fiction and we just chalk it up to a change in arc making them stronger. We already discussed the AP thing in the last thread. Taboo suppresses human potential. This is a huge plot point in the series and the only reason the Gods applied the Taboo was because they were afraid humans would surpass them. John and Natasha were part of a Pre-Taboo era. Plus, Daewi was visibly threatened by Mujin summoning the Three Princes of Natak, further solidifying their tier.

"Mori Dan he fought Ogre, who is about as blatantly god-tier as you can get", it was post-training Dan who obviously became much stronger than his pre-training version, and he was fighting extremely casual Ogre, latter she made it clear that she wasn't using her full power before fighting Dan's Monkey King form. If you assess the situation with at least a bit of brains, there will be much less contradictions than it seems at first glance.
I think you severely misunderstood my point when I brought up Ogre. I'm saying Monkey King is merely a title, once Mori got back his full power at the Sage Realm, his base form was already Monkey King level. Remember that Mori Jin lost his divine power Post-Ragnarok, which was his Monkey King power. If he became as weak as he was at the beginning of the series, there was no way he would have stood a chance against Ogre, much less Mujin.

Back