• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silver Surfer regeneration downgrade

I have two other revisions I'm trying to do, but this shouldn't take long so I'm doing it anyway.

Silver Surfer's regeneration needs a downgrade. I already said what I need to in another thread so I'm just going to paste that here like always.

................no. this is wrong for three reasons. The first is that the Unilord fight is dubiously canon, a bunch of comics in 616 say Surfer never even entered Unilord's universe and the Unilord fight itself isn't even referenced later on to my recollection. the story contradicts itself a lot on this.

the second is that even if it's canon, the comic never says Surfer got atomically destroyed. Idk where the hell that comes from, but this is the sequence and this is the page right before the sequence. He gets smashed into small pieces, that's it.

The third reason is that he didn't even regen from that with his own power. He was amping himself by draining the Unilord's power with the Blackbody's ability merged with his own. "The more power you wielded, the more I took away." There's no proof he can do that on his own and we never see him regen from that kind of damage again unless it's happened in a new comic I'm not familiar with.

Whole comic is here if you don't believe me. i checked it to be sure before I wrote this.
I went and found the other comics I was talking about, so let me add to why the Unilord fight is dubious canon.
rereading the comic a lot of what seemed like contradictions I mentioned can be explained by the fact that the whole story is a what-if and not an actual thing that happened, so there you go. The next comic after the Unilord saga resumes exactly where the what-if ends but that's probably just another example of comic writers not reading each other's work properly. marvel has always been bad about that.

Surfer's best other regen feat besides melting into his board and then reemerging after (idk how much that even counts as a regen feat but I guess you can argue it as one) is using the power cosmic to heal from getting cut up a bunch. impressive, but not the same. It looks like high-mid at best.

I have the sources for all this stuff if people want them.

Last edited:
I imagined it was going to be because Ultralord just turned him into a bunch of marble-sized balls insteed of reducing him to atoms. But this downgrade works too.

It's a bummer to see Surfer lose his regen, but I guess this makes sense.

I didn't think of this as a what if story when I read it, so this is quite surprising.

Anyway, this seems to make sense, but didn't the Surfer eventually regenerate (after billions of years) after being dispersed across the universe by Knull? I think that is likely his most impressive remaining regeneration feat.

Anyway, this seems to make sense, but didn't the Surfer eventually regenerate (after billions of years) after being dispersed across the universe by Knull? I think that is likely his most impressive remaining regeneration feat.
I haven't read whichever comic that's from. Knull is recent and i haven't read newer marvel consistently in a while. does someone have scans of that?
I didn't think of this as a what if story when I read it, so this is quite surprising.
Yeah i don't blame you, the story is really weird about explaining it. the scan is really easy to miss. I'm pretty sure i missed it the first time i read the comic.

The downgrade makes sense to me.
but didn't the Surfer eventually regenerate (after billions of years) after being dispersed across the universe by Knull?
Scans of this would be appreciated, that could be a good feat depending on how he was dispersed.

I think that it happened in a badly drawn Silver Surfer versus Knull miniseries a while back. The Surfer turned black as a result of the ordeal.

I can't remember the specifics since I read it long ago (and I hate knull with passion so don't wanna read it again) but it happened in Silver Surfer Black by Cates and Moore.

Yeah, I just found the series after a few minutes of googling. man you were right, this art is awful. When did the Luther Strode artist get this bad?

It's a short read. I can try and read it now.

Last edited:
Yes, but it took billions of years as far as I am aware.

Yeah, I guess this means he keeps his High regen, but we're gonna need a note that says he can't do that fast enough for it to matter in a fight. this also just reinforces the fact that that he totally wasn't atomically destroyed before now even if we ignore the Unilord fight being a what-if.

I do kinda wonder how much faster he would've healed if he hadn't spent up his power cosmic before that though. actually, I'm wondering how tf he managed to reform at all without it.

Anyways guess this should be applied then? Also remember to list the sources of these scans in the page via references

Yes. Is somebody willing to properly apply this? If so, I can unlock the page.

Okay. Thank you. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. Is it fine if I close this thread then?

I unlocked the page again.

Either @Limbless_Athena or @The_Impress messed up the structure for the powers and abilities section. One of you needs to fix it.

Limbless Athena seems to have done a mobile visual edit, which yields poor results. I'll undo the revision and apply it myself in a while

Back