• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah right,

So here's Sigma's scaling chain:
Galactus (1.65 Quettatons) < Thanos < Onslaught = Mega Man < Mega Man X <= Sigma

Me personally, I think Sigma stomps:
  • He cab just reflect Frieza's Ki Blasts back at him.
  • BFR his mind into his virtual world
  • Potentially possess him or steal his powers
Since Frieza has Type 2 Immortality, simply mutilating him won't kill him. However, Sigma could just infect him with the Sigma Virus and get a win-con there. And considering they're not too far from each other in speed, I don't see how Sigma wouldn't keep up with Frieza. Additionally, he's way smarter and can just gain info on him thx to Information Analysis.

Voting Sigma

Ah right,

So here's Sigma's scaling chain:
Galactus (1.65 Quettatons) < Thanos < Onslaught = Mega Man < Mega Man X <= Sigma

Me personally, I think Sigma stomps:
  • He cab just reflect Frieza's Ki Blasts back at him.
  • BFR his mind into his virtual world
  • Potentially possess him or steal his powers
Since Frieza has Type 2 Immortality, simply mutilating him won't kill him. However, Sigma could just infect him with the Sigma Virus and get a win-con there. And considering they're not too far from each other in speed, I don't see how Sigma wouldn't keep up with Frieza. Additionally, he's way smarter and can just gain info on him thx to Information Analysis.

Voting Sigma
honestly, I'll vote for him too, more because of his immense versatility with the infinity stones, and you can't say that this is a Stomp since Sigma is High 5-A and Frieza is High 5-A+

I actually think Frieza holds most of the advantages here.

Despite the scaling chain, Frieza scales to a calc that is already higher than Sigma's, and via a pretty casual feat.
Likewise, he can transform twice to greatly increase his strength, so I think he would always be the stronger one.

Skill alone, they should be at the very least comparable. Sigma's very experienced and is somewhat comparable to X and Zero, while Frieza could match the likes of Goku and all of the Z fighters when having comparable power levels.

The most important thing here is that Frieza can fly, while Sigma can't, and the emperor is fond of spamming death beams and energy blasts, including the supernova.
This limits Sigma's options by a lot, from melee attacks, to throws, to ranged blasts that might not even reach Frieza and could be avoided by his nimbleness.

Sigma's reflect is based on him parrying attacks with his saber, something that can fail, be overwhelmed by numbers and isn't passive.
Given Frieza's marksmanship, I could see him finding a way around it.

Sigma's BFR requires him to grab the opponent first, and isn't permanent, as the opponent returns to the real world after being smacked around for awhile.
Sigma's possession also works only on robots, just like his sigma virus, which could infect living beings only because of the stones and him having merged with Ultron.

Frieza's holds the stamina advantage, having done the entire final part of the Namek Arc in a single run, and he also holds immort. type 2.

Frieza would also regenerate with every transformation, almost, if not entirely resetting the fight for Sigma.
Each transformation also comes with a power and speed boost, which are permanent, in opposition to Sigma's limited boosts granted by the gems.

Also, don't forget how trigger happy Frieza is when it comes to blowing up the planet.
Namek's destruction would have killed SSJ Goku, or at least heavily injured him just like it did to final form Frieza, who's in an entirely different tier.
Even though it might not be absolutely lethal for Sigma, it surely would be very destructive, especially considering that it would happen very late in the fight.
Frieza could share the same fate too, but his ability to fly, survive and move in space (while Sigma would be incapacitated and out of place) gives him more chances to escape and or/survive.

Although absolutely not a walk in the park, I see Sigma losing most of the times here.

Likewise, he can transform twice to greatly increase his strength, so I think he would always be the stronger one.
The OP mentioned transformations beyond First Form aren't allowed

The most important thing here is that Frieza can fly, while Sigma can't, and the emperor is fond of spamming death beams and energy blasts, including the supernova.
This limits Sigma's options by a lot, from melee attacks, to throws, to ranged blasts that might not even reach Frieza and could be avoided by his nimbleness.
Like I said before, Sigma could just reflect all his ki attacks. Plus, he can teleport. He may not be able to fly, but he should be able to keep up with that.

Sigma's reflect is based on him parrying attacks with his saber, something that can fail, be overwhelmed by numbers and isn't passive.
Nah, it isn't just his beam saber, he could reflect with Advancing Guard too

Sigma's BFR requires him to grab the opponent first, and isn't permanent, as the opponent returns to the real world after being smacked around for awhile.
Sigma's possession also works only on robots, just like his sigma virus, which could infect living beings only because of the stones and him having merged with Ultron.
Fair. I'll give you that one.

Frieza would also regenerate with every transformation, almost, if not entirely resetting the fight for Sigma.
Each transformation also comes with a power and speed boost, which are permanent, in opposition to Sigma's limited boosts granted by the gems.
Ah yea, as said before, Frieza's not allowed to transform
Frieza could share the same fate too, but his ability to fly, survive and move in space (while Sigma would be incapacitated and out of place) gives him more chances to escape and or/survive.
Sigma can survive in space as well, although like you said, he can't fly, so I can see a valid win-con there.

I actually think Frieza holds most of the advantages here.

Despite the scaling chain, Frieza scales to a calc that is already higher than Sigma's, and via a pretty casual feat.

Skill alone, they should be at the very least comparable. Sigma's very experienced and is somewhat comparable to X and Zero, while Frieza could match the likes of Goku and all of the Z fighters when having comparable power levels.

Frieza's holds the stamina advantage, having done the entire final part of the Namek Arc in a single run, and he also holds immort. type 2.

Also, don't forget how trigger happy Frieza is when it comes to blowing up the planet.
Namek's destruction would have killed SSJ Goku, or at least heavily injured him just like it did to final form Frieza, who's in an entirely different tier.
Even though it might not be absolutely lethal for Sigma, it surely would be very destructive, especially considering that it would happen very late in the fight.

Although absolutely not a walk in the park, I see Sigma losing most of the times here.
good points but you only countered Sigma's normal abilities, still missing the abilities of the infinity stones, which is where his versatility comes from anyway,

I don't remember it being said or implied anywhere that Sigma can't survive in space, he is a reploid superior to megaman who was already able to fight in several stages around the games that took place in space and the same goes for X and Zero,

can sigma reflection fail? Yes but is still a very useful power and also, right after reflecting the attack, Sigma teleports himself behind his opponent instantly, in the game it is like that at least, and this thing about the Sigma virus working only on robots is false, in Megaman X5 it is said that the virus is so potent that it can affect even biological beings.

Sigma not being able to fly is a problem....but knowing how arrogant Frieza is....he definitely goes hand-to-hand against Sigma and the same being able to enjoy his abilities,

over Range....is questionable since his dimensional rifts can reach kilometers and if Frieza flies away from these kilometers, Sigma can attack with the space and reality jewels that have a Range of a Low Multiversal

and about Frieza's transformations, I restrict them, it was written in the battle conditions.

I feel like that if sigma manages to put some pressure on frieza the later will nuke the planet without a second thought

I feel like that if sigma manages to put some pressure on frieza the later will nuke the planet without a second thought
Vegeta put pressure....Freeza?Transformed.....
Gohan put pressure......Freeza?Transformed.....
Piccolo put pressure.....Freeza?transformed.....
Gohan and Krillin put pressure on.... Frieza? Transformed....
Goku put pressure on..... Freeza?
Transformed.......
who destroyed the planet was Goku with the Genki Dama and the planet still took a long time to explode

Vegeta put pressure....Freeza?Transformed.....
Gohan put pressure......Freeza?Transformed.....
Piccolo put pressure.....Freeza?transformed.....
Gohan and Krillin put pressure on.... Frieza? Transformed....
Goku put pressure on..... Freeza?
Transformed.......
who destroyed the planet was Goku with the Genki Dama and the planet still took a long time to explode

There is 3 problems here

1-Frieza made himself clear that all he wanted to do at that moment was to torture them for using the dragon balls, hence why he pronlongued the fight.Not really comparable to this scenerio

2-Frieza wont transform here because as you said, in this match frieza cant transform.So its pretty much guatanteed that frieza will go for a nuke here

3-Frieza was the one who destroyed the planet, not goku lmao

I honestly don't know why we are discussing this since Sigma can survive in space and also, the planet was destroyed because of the Genki Dama, and Frieza can destroy the planet?
yes but just like in Anime this should take a long time to happen, and Frieza wanting to torture his opponents is part of his personality, why the hell wouldn't he do the same in sigma?

I honestly don't know why we are discussing this since Sigma can survive in space and also, the planet was destroyed because of the Genki Dama, and Frieza can destroy the planet?
yes but just like in Anime this should take a long time to happen, and Frieza wanting to torture his opponents is part of his personality, why the hell wouldn't he do the same in sigma?

He can survive in space, but he will stil get hit by the explosion lol, and if he somehow survive frieza should still get the w because sigma will become an easy target

Again, it was frieza that destroyed namek, not goku with the spirit bomb

It takes no time at all

Frieza doesnt torture everyone he encounters you know

For example:

Notice how he murdered all these guys quiclkly?

Frieza only tortures if he has a "reason" to do so, he doesnt do that out of blue

and even then as i said before

If sigma starts to pressure frieza, he will just go for a nuke since you restricted his transformations

So ye,voting frieza

He can survive in space, but he will stil get hit by the explosion lol, and if he somehow survive frieza should still get the w because sigma will become an easy target

Again, it was frieza that destroyed namek, not goku with the spirit bomb

It takes no time at all

Frieza doesnt torture everyone he encounters you know

For example:

Notice how he murdered all these guys quiclkly?

Frieza only tortures if he has a "reason" to do so, he doesnt do that out of blue

and even then as i said before

If sigma starts to pressure frieza, he will just go for a nuke since you restricted his transformations

So ye,voting frieza

ok, i still have things to say about this fight, but i have to wake up early tomorrow, so i'll give more of my arguments tomorrow.

The OP mentioned transformations beyond First Form aren't allowed
My bad, I misread because of the lack of the apostrophe.
However, the VS Thread Rules forbid to restrict abilities that don't push you to another tier, so Frieza should technically be allowed to reach the third.
It wouldn't be a problem for me honestly, but this is how the game works.

Like I said before, Sigma could just reflect all his ki attacks. Plus, he can teleport. He may not be able to fly, but he should be able to keep up with that.
I wouldn't say all, his reflect is based on timing, he needs to parry every attack with precision to reflect them, it's far fro, guranteed, especially when confronting one who spams ki blasts and lasers with such precision.
Frieza can also cause localized explosion, throw stuff at him with telekinesis and overcome his reflect with larger and stronger attacks (since even in the game, Sigma's reflect doesn't reflect everything).

His teleport is also coutner-based and we don't know how good he is at maneuvering in the air, or at least we can say he isn't as good as Frieza.
Keeping up with a flying opponent also isn't as easy, especially if Sigma isn't used to it, while in the DB verse everyone on Frieza's level and well below is already well accostumed, and sees the inability to fly as a weakness.

Nah, it isn't just his beam saber, he could reflect with Advancing Guard too
It's the part that has no link, right?
I never played Infinite and I rarely saw Sigma being used, so I didn't remember how it is performed.
Would you have a video?

Sigma can survive in space as well, although like you said, he can't fly, so I can see a valid win-con there.
My point was more likely referred to the damage he would take, rather than the need of sustenance.
The narrative implies the explosion of Namek would have killed or greatly injured someone like SSJ Goku, and even final form Frieza was seriously afraid to have the planet explode below his ass, reason why he didn't nuke it right away.

This should mean that one of the level of Sigma should be killed or sustain extremely high damage, while Frieza is already more durable than him and could escape the planet beforehand.
He remained on Namek to kill Goku with his hands before of the huge grudge he had towards him, but he lacks such sentiment for Sigma.

good points but you only countered Sigma's normal abilities, still missing the abilities of the infinity stones, which is where his versatility comes from anyway,
Yes, I should have mentioned they give him greater versatility, but I don't see them as game changers.
He can use only one at a time and they have time limits.
The boons of the time gem are limited by Frieza's greater mobility and capacity to outrange Sigma, they would come actually in handy only in a CQC scenario (which is likely to happen, but not be everything).

The ranged attacks of the reality gem can be countered by other attacks, outranged and escaped through flying and mobility in general, with only the homing thunder being almost guaranteed.

The space gem is the most useful, but it also is sort of situation-based. Trapping Frieza in a cube is a good option, but aside from the fact it has a time limit, the extent to which Sigma can exploit it depends of where Frieza is when he gets trapped.
It might also be possible for Frieza to defend with localized attacks, from the "hand wave" explosion to telekinesis.

I don't remember it being said or implied anywhere that Sigma can't survive in space, he is a reploid superior to megaman who was already able to fight in several stages around the games that took place in space and the same goes for X and Zero
See my point above

can sigma reflection fail? Yes but is still a very useful power and also, right after reflecting the attack, Sigma teleports himself behind his opponent instantly, in the game it is like that at least, and this thing about the Sigma virus working only on robots is false, in Megaman X5 it is said that the virus is so potent that it can affect even biological beings.
Sigma does teleport behind the opponent, yes, but we don't know how far he can go and what could he do if he teleports in mid-air, other than fall down or be vulnerable to being juggled around.
As Isaiah said, we can't scale canon material to MvC. As far as we know, Sigma's base virus is the classic one that corrupts robots.

Sigma not being able to fly is a problem....but knowing how arrogant Frieza is....he definitely goes hand-to-hand against Sigma and the same being able to enjoy his abilities.
Not necessarily, he often tortured or got rid of enemies throgh ranged attacks, for example when he riddled Piccolo with death beams.
I'm not saying that Frieza would automatically or always be in the air, but he surely would have fun against an opponent who can't fly, can't reach him with his attacks and can't defend in mid-air.

over Range....is questionable since his dimensional rifts can reach kilometers and if Frieza flies away from these kilometers, Sigma can attack with the space and reality jewels that have a Range of a Low Multiversal
A dimensional rift is still different from all the other ranged attacks (I don't remember why the rifts have such range and the file doesn't clarify it, someone should).
The gems have low multiversal in terms of reality warping and fusionism, which doesn't necessarily apply to all their other abilities.

About the rest, nuking Namek took about 5 minutes and Frieza says a few times that he would have escaped the planet upon killing Goku, for whom he had a bitter grudge.
If pushed to the very limit, Frieza would activate the countdown on Namek and Sigma would have no way to prevent him from escaping. Likewise, Frieza wouldn't probably bother with Sigma too much.
The reason why he wanted to torture and terrorize the Z Figthers was to vent his accumulated frustration, from the loss of his best soldiers, to having his wish fro immortality denied.
Vegeta and Goku were also saiyans, which he deeply hates, and the latter was the SSJ against whom Frieza wanted to prove his superiority.

Wait really? I never knew that, interesting. Well in that case, Sigma's heavily outmatched in AP here
There have been debates in the past about what can be restricted and what can't, to try and keep the threads as "fair and natural" and possible despite the many stipulations we already apply.
Transformations, for example, can be restricted (but aren't by default) if they make the character enter in the AP stomp range (thus not necessarily a different tier)

For Frieza's forms to be restricted, the match would become F&G and not be added to profiles.

To mention a similar rule, abilities that are not under the user's control can't be restricted, such as Ryu's Satsui no Hado which, even it makes him jump another tier, can't be controlled by Ryu, and thus it can't be restricted in vs matches.

There have been debates in the past about what can be restricted and what can't, to try and keep the threads as "fair and natural" and possible despite the many stipulations we already apply.
Transformations, for example, can be restricted (but aren't by default) if they make the character enter in the AP stomp range (thus not necessarily a different tier)

For Frieza's forms to be restricted, the match would become F&G and not be added to profiles.

To mention a similar rule, abilities that are not under the user's control can't be restricted, such as Ryu's Satsui no Hado which, even it makes him jump another tier, can't be controlled by Ryu, and thus it can't be restricted in vs matches.
Ahhh I see, thx for the explanation

I understand why you guys limit frieza to his first form, but I would still think that its stupid storywise.

Anyways Frieza blows up the planet with a giant supernova. Pretty fireworks ftw

D-rLymvVAAAo_HO

If we can’t restrict forms, then I seriously think this would be a mismatch if he just went to form 3. That’s when I think this becomes a bit of an AP stomp

EDIT: Actually this sorta depends. Sigma has the chance to kill him early into the fight, so Frieza transforming, apart of not being against the forum thread rules, it might not be unfair

Last edited:
Not really, because the manga doesn't give a clear idea of how strong 2nd and 3rd form Frieza is, and given the inconsistency of power levels and strength gap, he could very well be incredibly stronger or just by a little, in terms of sheer AP numbers.

That's why on his file he just upscales from his first form without any specific value.

We can of course assume he's quite stronger, but by no means above the 7.5x numerical gap required for ap stomps.

Not really, because the manga doesn't give a clear idea of how strong 2nd and 3rd form Frieza is, and given the inconsistency of power levels and strength gap, he could very well be incredibly stronger or just by a little, in terms of sheer AP numbers.

That's why on his file he just upscales from his first form without any specific value.

We can of course assume he's quite stronger, but by no means above the 7.5x numerical gap required for ap stomps.
Makes sense

TBH I was already under the belief that the Second Form wouldn’t make it stomp, so I suppose the Third Form isn’t that much of a stretch. Plus, Sigma still has the Gems, so it’s not like Frieza can just resist certain abilities like sealing and damage reduction. Things should be fair then

Last edited:
Vegeta < First Form, but could hold his own. 2nd form stomped all of them, until weighted Piccolo and enraged Gohan attacked him. Third form stomped unweighted Piccolo.

I know, but that's not how stomps work in our vs threads.

In-verse stomps don't count when we put characters from different verses against each other, because each verse has a different way to handle stomps, oneshots and such, since some require a huge gap even in terms of feats, while in others not necessarily.

DB itself is always inconsistent, especially during the time power levels where used.

For this reason we assume everyone below 50% Final Frieza upscales unquantifiably above 1st form Frieza, and remain within the same tier.

hello everyone, I'm back, I had some problems so I had to stay out, anyway, after reading all this here, voting inconclusive seems to be the best way out here.

Back