• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Unicron

Thatsafloridathing said:
I think whoever wins probably depends on who can pull out their move quicker. I don't think Shulk has that many passives in this key either, so if Unicron's hax is passive, he'll probably win here.
So, voting Unicron?

Afaik, Unicron starts with Absorption, and Shulk with Purge, Unicron has range advantage, but how does his absorption works?

XDragnoir said:
Afaik, Unicron starts with Absorption, and Shulk with Purge, Unicron has range advantage, but how does his absorption works?
From what I remember, it absorbs concepts iirc? I'm not 100% sure though.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Alright then, I'll just sit tight for now.
Might as well pop up some popcorn, and watch the trailers, we might get a sneak preview for Transformers 420: The Shrekpire strikes back.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Unicorns hax isn't passive but

>Perception Manipulation

>On a nigh omniscient being

Wut
This is the Monado's power Shulk Doesn't has any wincon other than Purge?

Because if you know literally every single possibly outcome future and past, how in the actual **** would someone effect your senses?

Unless the perception manipulation has feats of effecting that level of stuff

But I don't really think having omniscience protects you from having your senses shut down, it doesn't really have anything to do with perception manipulation in the same vein that having something like acasuality protects you from fate manipulation.

Well, he will have his perception messed, but fighting without your five senses doesn't seem a problem to that level of analytical prediction, it is more like type 2 immortality than acausality and fate hax.

Intelligence: Nigh-Omniscient. Possesses internally integrated quantum computers that constantly calculate probabilities forwards and backwards in time, allowing a highly accurate, multi-dimensional probability map of the multiverse.

Also Unicron is a robot anyways

Wait a minute:

>Acausality (Type 2, Was unable to be seen through Precognition of Zanza during their fight, and was capable of retaining his memories after the universal reset).

Merely unable to be seen with precog doesn't grant you Acausality Type 2, you requires to be a singular existence that only exists in present to get that. And keeping memories after Universal reset is merely Type 1 Acausality.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Intelligence: Nigh-Omniscient. Possesses internally integrated quantum computers that constantly calculate probabilities forwards and backwards in time, allowing a highly accurate, multi-dimensional probability map of the multiverse.
Also Unicron is a robot anyways
That still doesn't directly correlate to perception manipulation. He's also used Purge on robots before anyway.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Wait a minute:
>Acausality (Type 2, Was unable to be seen through Precognition of Zanza during their fight, and was capable of retaining his memories after the universal reset).

Merely unable to be seen with precog doesn't grant you Acausality Type 2, you requires to be a singular existence that only exists in present to get that. And keeping memories after Universal reset is merely Type 1 Acausality.
He has it because he's outside of the Passage of Fate, which means he doesn't exist in the future or past, that's why Zanza couldn't precog him.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Wait a minute:

Don't worry there is more than that. He was stated by Alvis to exist outside the Passage of Fate and was unaffected by the universal reset.

Yeah I agree, I know some knowledgeable members are currently trying to fix the justifications in each profile, they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Yeah I agree, I know some knowledgeable members are currently trying to fix the justifications in each profile, they just haven't gotten around to it yet.
If this is the case then would retaining memories after the reset instead qualify for Resistance to Memory Manipulation?

Wait, why are we even talking about Acasuality? This is Monado II Shulk, not Replica Monado Shulk

I see, still kinda weird when it has nothing to do with this match. But hey at least Shulk will get Type 1 along with retaining Type 2.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Beast Zero Gudako said:
Wait a minute:

He has it because he's outside of the Passage of Fate, which means he doesn't exist in the future or past, that's why Zanza couldn't precog him.
this sounds like acausality type 4 like desperados

ChocomilkAlex said:
What does Monado Purge do again? I see a lot of people using it as Shulk's defining Wincon.
It works as a form of Power Nullification, and resistance negation. It can also remove artificial buffs such as Pure Hearts, or Chaos Emeralds which in turn powers Super forms. So this means Shulk can remove artificial upgrades such as this. Unicron to my knowledge, doesn't have anything for Shulk to remove. So I'm not sure how it will affect Unicron.

AgentJojoBerserk said:
ChocomilkAlex said:
What does Monado Purge do again? I see a lot of people using it as Shulk's defining Wincon.
It works as a form of Power Nullification, and resistance negation. It can also remove artificial buffs such as Pure Hearts, or Chaos Emeralds which in turn powers Super forms. So this means Shulk can remove artificial upgrades such as this. Unicron to my knowledge, doesn't have anything for Shulk to remove. So I'm not sure how it will affect Unicron.
Minor correction, everything that you said about purge was right except for removing artifical buffs. That's Monado Eater that does that. Purge is, Power Null+Perception Null+Paralysis

Minor correction, everything that you said about purge was right except for removing artifical buffs. That's Monado Eater that does that. Purge is, Power Null+Perception Null+Paralysis

Okay, got it, thanks.

Back