• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shub should be the "strongest" regular 1-A, though the idea of 1-As like shub even fighting or experiencing change in the first place is bizarre.

Oh wait, found the thread. It makes sense to me, but yeah she's still above too many things.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Shub would probably even beat the star maker
I would like to think that it would be inconclusive but the thing is actually very very very overpowered. I didn't finish the novel (The Star Maker) yet but we are talking about how Shub clears the floor with Bern

Monarch Laciel

If I remember correctly, Bern exists several layers beyond other 1-As, each layer having a dimensional difference.

Nyarlathotep's true self exists beyond other 1-As by the same degree those 1-As exist beyond 3-D humanity.

To make sure you understand just how strong that makes him, "transcending 1-A character X by the same degree they transcend 3-D character Y" has been justification for High 1-A in several cases. And Nyarla is the weakest of the Outer Gods

Edit: Case in point, Featherine is High 1-A for being to witches what witches are to humans. Just substitute the word "Featherine" for "Nyarlathotep" and "witches" for "Great Old Ones" and you'll see my point.

Edited by Monarch Laciel 10:27, January 11, 2018

Well... I don't consider this a wanking. Just one guy/gal saying why she couldn't win. Oh and the thread is this one... a versus like this one with an entity much weaker was already made. So the King has spoken (MrKingofNegativity)

BleedingPeach said:
Monarch Laciel

If I remember correctly, Bern exists several layers beyond other 1-As, each layer having a dimensional difference.

Nyarlathotep's true self exists beyond other 1-As by the same degree those 1-As exist beyond 3-D humanity.

To make sure you understand just how strong that makes him, "transcending 1-A character X by the same degree they transcend 3-D character Y" has been justification for High 1-A in several cases. And Nyarla is the weakest of the Outer Gods

Edit: Case in point, Featherine is High 1-A for being to witches what witches are to humans. Just substitute the word "Featherine" for "Nyarlathotep" and "witches" for "Great Old Ones" and you'll see my point.

Edited by Monarch Laciel 10:27, January 11, 2018

Well... I don't consider this a wanking. Just one guy/gal saying why she couldn't win. Oh and the thread is this one... a versus like this one with an entity much weaker was already made. So the King has spoken (MrKingofNegativity)
That quote was labeled incorrect by darklk. And it resulted in a stalemate between bern and nyar. While all LK did was make equal arguments

Why are you quoting him anyways lol?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Why are we still putting major Lovecraft 1-As in matchups when we know for a fact that they're capable of kicking the rest of the tier into paste?
Im interested to know how easily she terns bern into paste

Bern stalemated Nyarlathotep, yeah? Well let me kick it to you this way:

Nyarlathotep is the weakest Outer God.

Unless information has somehow changed in my absence (it's happened with a few other things, admittedly), Shub-Niggurath is one of, if not the most powerful of the Outer Gods to appear, by some leaps and bounds.

And if I'm not mistaken, like all of the other Ultimate Gods, she won't die until Azathoth wakes up.

There was also at least one thread where everyone was arguing about whether or not she should be High 1-A. She's really, really far into her tier.

Truthfully I think this is inconclusive because to qoute Azzy here

The Outer Gods essentially exist at the "level" of existence where nothing changes, because change isn't real. It's a function of the minds of lesser beings experiencing a lesser reality, but these Outer Gods are not bound by perspective or a sense of being/self.

Their true "forms" cannot exactly "fight" because doing so would simply be a matter of change and perspective, which is something they are beyond.

Phoenix821 said:
Truthfully I think this is inconclusive because to qoute Azzy here

The Outer Gods essentially exist at the "level" of existence where nothing changes, because change isn't real. It's a function of the minds of lesser beings experiencing a lesser reality, but these Outer Gods are not bound by perspective or a sense of being/self.

Their true "forms" cannot exactly "fight" because doing so would simply be a matter of change and perspective, which is something they are beyond.
While that is true. However bern wad able to be equal or more powerful to nyar. But as its stated shub is the most powerful 1-A even stronger than nyar. Though i could always argue bern could just reach shubs level with her ability to become as powerful as she wants. Id maybe agree with you on the inconclusive part

Azzy's explanation was why I said 1-A fights are a strange concept. Shub's unfathomably "stronger", but its also impossible to properly conceive even from an irl human perspective.

Well... since I'm not that ignorant about Umineko, I say that Bern is actually very very powerful. We could say that her library is filled with "universes" (I don't know if those books are infinite dimensions or outerverses), I could say that she is remarkably above even the standards of "infinity". Her Plot Manipulation is really something to be concerned about. But Shub is literally one of strongest things that make Azathoth "sleep" and we don't know how "clever" it is; since Bern knows exactly how her cosmology works I would say that she is very clever (besides she is very very clever). This would lead to a senseless fight between them and there won't be a clear victor. So... I change my mind... Inconclusive it is for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back