• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Now then when I finally ended Razputin stats and abilities I can make him fight.

Psychonauts got a message that in coniferous forest was found a huge source of Psitanium. Raz got a mission to find that source and report to the others. Meanwhile Shovel knight was traveling at the forest and found as huge as himself, purple glowing rock, so he decided to dig out it since it was stuck into a ground. When Raz got into the forest and found a psitanium containing rock with his Dowsing Rod, Shovel Knight almost dig out the rock.
R: "Agent Cruller, can you hear me?"
F: "Yes, my boy what's the issue?"
R: "I think I found a source but... There's some knight trying to take it for himself."
F: "Well then, try to say him it's not a toy which he can get."
R: "Got it."
Raz slowly gets closer to knight, and with enough braving himself he started to ask him for going away from Psitanium source.

R: "Uh, excuse me sir..."
S: "What do you need, my friend?"
R: "Well, you see this rock is extremely important source of energy, and... "
S: "Enough words, I think you want to get this mysterious stone, but I can't easily believe and give it to you..."

Shovel knight seem to trying to find a way of getting away with treasure, but instead of unfairly just taking it, he decided to make it fair for both kid and himself.

S: "We can solve it in a duel."
R: "A duel?"- firstly confused Raz.
S: "That's right, a duel, who wins in this battle of power and mind, that's would be the one who deserves a reward."

Raz firstly seem to be more confused as he planned to just take the Psitanium source, but not founding the other way, he decided to agree.

R: "OK then, let's end this quicker."
S: "My shovel is ready, let it be fair fight."

Speed is equal.
Shovel Knight is fully equipped and wielding Armor of Chaos.
Raz in real world key is used.
One of the most famous indie game characters: 7 (@Bruhtelho, @Stillwinston, @Popted2, @Armorchompy, @DaReaperMan, @GlaceonGamez471, @SuperDino85)
The boy who is definitely in top 5 of Ness's best death battle oponents:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Seems Shovel Knight has a 2x AP advantage, but I don't know either character in the slightest so you should probably call some supporters here

Well would like to clarify things about Raz.
He, as stated on his profile greatly upscales from feat.
His fire manipulation is thought based and he can make character burn by his pyrokinesis in mere seconds.
His confusion works like grenade which at perfect hit can confuse people (or short saying making a person open for attack).
His telekinesis well works like telekinesis.
Psycho portal wouldn't be combat applicable as it requires time for work.
And his attack reflection can reflect energy based attacks(or basically projectiles), + his forcefield can push back enemies with damaging them.

Shovel Knight Regen seems require to take health after he defeats enemies.
His intangibility works for a few seconds.
Most of his attacks requires his mana which without support can be ended (though it's likely just a game mechanic).

Last edited:
I'm not knowledgeable on Shovel Knight or Razputin so I cant effectively disect this battle at all lol

His fire manipulation is thought based and he can make character burn by his pyrokinesis in mere seconds.
His confusion works like grenade which at perfect hit can confuse people (or short saying making a person open for attack).
quick question
are they both projectiles?

Confusion as projectile would work like a gas grenade.
Fire hax is Raz thinks and you're on fire.
alright

Shovel Knight having a durability advantage means he shouldn't be very effected by the fire and if its gets to bad to withstand he could always drink the Ichor of Boldness which makes him invincible for 10 seconds or use the Phase Locket which is spammable btw, MP shouldn't be much of a problem as he could always drink the Ichor of Renewal which fills his health and MP back to full, Shovel Knight's greater versatility should put Raz on edge and well Raz's Confusion can counter his arsenal Shovel Knight should be able to send it back at him since he can reflect magic based attacks back at the user and since Raz creates a mental grenade he should be able to hit it back, Raz's shields shouldn't be much problem as Shovel Knight should be able to shatter them with his basic attacks thanks to greater AP or use the War Horn which can cause massive damage to characters comparable to Shovel Knight, he should also be relatively more skilled and experienced in combat since he can keep up with all of the Order of No Quarter one after another without much trouble, some of which like Specter Knight could easily defeat them in the past.

well Raz is gonna give Shovel Knight a run for his money with his Pyrokinesis, Confusion, and Shields, but Shovel Knight should be able to take Raz out with his AP, Durability, Versatility, Skill, and Experience

Last edited:
Well want to consider few things also:

Raz have Invisibility which perfectly works pretty long and as same spammable as his other abilities.
Raz, despite of some moments when he had to fight close, given his abilities(such as also energy projection or telekinesis or same abilities which are mentioned above), is more range fighter in contrast of Shovel knight who's mostly melee fighter despite of his few range attack, so considering his high acrobatic skills (especially in forest) and levitation which boost his speeds and make him jump higher (and obviously levitate), he should be able to keep distance.
Raz experienced some melee fighters and even oftenly fought guys far bigger than him. Also if I remember right shovel knight's gravels can be used once and arsenal requires a mana (especially intangibility and horn).
But Dura, AP(despite of Raz's great upscale) and basically skilled fighter points for shovel knight still remains.

Last edited:
Well this would definitely be an interesting fight to watch. I’m thinking Raz has better chances here, with his acrobatics being the bigger of the aces up the sleeve, tied with his invisibility of course.

Raz have Invisibility which perfectly works pretty long and as same spammable as his other abilities.
Raz, despite of some moments when he had to fight close, given his abilities(such as also energy projection or telekinesis or same abilities which are mentioned above), is more range fighter in contrast of Shovel knight who's mostly melee fighter despite of his few range attack, so considering his high acrobatic skills (especially in forest) and levitation which boost his speeds and make him jump higher (and obviously levitate), he should be able to keep distance.
Invisibility shouldn't be much trouble for Shovel Knight thanks to the War Horn which causes a massive shockwave around Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight has fought and defeated range fighters like The Enchantress and even Plague Knight, and The Enchantress is always floating and zooming around the arena and Shovel Knight was able to keep up with her without much trouble, so he shouldn't have much trouble dealing with Raz's movement options
Raz experienced some melee fighters and even oftenly fought guys far bigger than him. Also if I remember right shovel knight's gravels can be used once and arsenal requires a mana (especially intangibility and horn).
they may be only be able to be only used once but they help him greatly since they can fill his mana and health/condition back to full in an instant which is really useful and allows him to keep fighting for far longer then Raz could if he gets hurt

Invisibility shouldn't be much trouble for Shovel Knight thanks to the War Horn which causes a massive shockwave around Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight has fought and defeated range fighters like The Enchantress and even Plague Knight, and The Enchantress is always floating and zooming around the arena and Shovel Knight was able to keep up with her without much trouble, so he shouldn't have much trouble dealing with Raz's movement options.
Seems pretty fair.
they may be only be able to be only used once but they help him greatly since they can fill his mana and health/condition back to full in an instant which is really useful and allows him to keep fighting for far longer then Raz could if he gets hurt
Hearing this for me as guy who completed SK mainly on shovel with economy of mana, makes me feel cursed.

Anyway, more fair then, counting all votes.

Yeah that irony is awful. If it helps, I’ll change my vote to Shovel Knight FRA cause the reasons provided actually made more sense the more I thought about it. I’m not very familiar with Shovel Knight though so I was unaware of his experience till now.

Well this fight is still very close (and actually would go otherwise when Psychonauts 2 will come out, at least because time slow, but that would be a long time so now we can spam Raz to bunch of 8-B battles).

You can put him up against some weaker NMH characters if you want.

Back